Even after todays firmare update to fix maps, I still have none
1195 10 2017-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dewein
Second Officer
Flight distance : 157746 ft
United States

First...  Acquiring Offline City List and then I get Network Unavailable.  I  try entering a search but as soon as I type a letter it says No  Relevant Data Found.   I have a good WiFi signal so does that mean the  network that the RC is trying to connect to for maps is down?
2017-8-4
Use props
Rody Almahmoud
New
Germany

hi ... i have the same problem ... i am in Germany and i can not download the maps!
it's just showing me some city names from Japan or china .. i don't know .. but when i am starting to write the name of my country or even my city ... nothing shown!
2017-8-5
Use props
dewein
Second Officer
United States

Rody Almahmoud Posted at 2017-8-5 08:29
hi ... i have the same problem ... i am in Germany and i can not download the maps!
it's just showing me some city names from Japan or china .. i don't know .. but when i am starting to write the name of my country or even my city ... nothing shown!

I don't know how long I'll have them but I finally got them to work by following some of the instructions here: https://phantompilots.com/threads/phantom-4-pro-maps.103639/
2017-8-5
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

IO eben noticed the flight profile starting to be incorrect, and bucking of the drone to one side when landing.
2017-8-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I would recommend you to reset the RC and check again: Settings--system settings--Backup&Reset–Factory data Reset.
2017-8-16
Use props
dewein
Second Officer
United States

Bleh!  I spoke too soon or well.... too broadly.  Maps works but without overlay (even when I cache it at home and leave it on until I get to my destination.  As soon as I take off, the overlay changes to a solid green).  I'm definitely returning the P4P+ and will consider the P4P plus a tablet after researching other brands first.  If I don't return, good luck to everybody!
2017-8-16
Use props
RMJovo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1716240 ft
United States

DJI Susan's solution should work for  you, I lose the maps each time I do a update on the P4P+ control, and the Factory Reset restores the maps each time. Also if you are having map problem with the flight log you can delete the state map and reload it. PS I worked with DJI's tech support the first time I had the problem and that was the solution offered to me.
2017-8-16
Use props
dewein
Second Officer
United States

RMJovo Posted at 2017-8-16 13:32
DJI Susan's solution should work for  you, I lose the maps each time I do a update on the P4P+ control, and the Factory Reset restores the maps each time. Also if you are having map problem with the flight log you can delete the state map and reload it. PS I worked with DJI's tech support the first time I had the problem and that was the solution offered to me.

I've done "Susan's solution" several times and plan to return the drone this weekend.  I'll give it one last try before I do and report back.  Thanks!
2017-8-17
Use props
RMJovo
lvl.4
United States

After you do the reset did you reconnect the wifi and log in?
2017-8-17
Use props
dewein
Second Officer
United States

RMJovo Posted at 2017-8-17 15:16
After you do the reset did you reconnect the wifi and log in?

Yessir!  Been through it 4 of 5 times since purchasing it about 3 weeks ago.
2017-8-19
Use props
RMJovo
lvl.4
United States

1. On the top of the startup screen the last button on the far right that looks like a map with a pin drop in it, do you have any Country's listed like North and Central America followed by South America then Europe? Yes/No. Return to the Start up screen.

2.  Back On the startup screen,  In the bottom left corner open what would be the map page (you may just have a gray screen)  start to pinch your finger in on the screen like you wood to zoom out on a touch screen you may have to do pinch in 10 to 15 times is there a map of the US that comes into view?
2017-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules