Recommended licensed US DJI retailer
1468 10 2015-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BlaneCooper
New

United States

Hi Im looking to buy an I1 unit but was curious which US licensed DJI retailer people would recommend. Reading through some posts I've picked up tid bits of info but nothing solid. Buying from the source is always nice but sending the unit overseas for repairs doesnt sound great. What is recommended?  

Thanks
2015-3-25
Use props
jhogge
lvl.2

United States

I used multicopterwarehouse for my original purchase and many subsequent orders for batteries, chargers, props etc. They are fast and communicate well and are responsive to email questions.

That being said, I am pretty certain all repairs at this point in time will require you to send the inspire to DJI.

I sent mine for repair previously to DJI in Los Angeles.
2015-3-25
Use props
Chris Con
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501175 ft
United States

jhogge Posted at 2015-3-26 06:58
I used multicopterwarehouse for my original purchase and many subsequent orders for batteries, charg ...

Cosign with jhogge . They are a great company (multicopterwarehouse). I just purchased the new propellers and adaptors from them. Shipped out today.

I purchased my Inspire 1  from http://coptershop.com/  They have knowledgeable staff that answer their phones. They are also the kings of TB-48 batteries. They had them before anyone else in the US and continue to have a constant supply.  

Edit:  No matter who you buy from in the USA, you will be sending any repairs to DJI's US headquarters in LA. Currently no dealers are doing Inspire 1 repairs. They are all being fixed by DJI in LA.
2015-3-25
Use props
BlaneCooper
New

United States

Okay thank you this is all good information.  I also seem to remember a thread talking about people receiving different items in their kit depending on when and who they ordered through.  Is this true or am i mistaken? Thanks again for the answers
2015-3-25
Use props
Chris Con
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501175 ft
United States

BlaneCooper Posted at 2015-3-26 07:53
Okay thank you this is all good information.  I also seem to remember a thread talking about people  ...

Recent changes indicated on this board is that newer inspire 1s are shipping with a case for the nd filter. Also some shippers are making sure the prop locks arrive with the inspire.  Those are the only changes that I'm aware of . The prop locks will become a moot point though now that DJI is sending all Inspire 1 owners the new propeller system.  

The only other difference is the type A inspire which has checkered carbon fiber and the type B inspire which has army/camouflage like carbon fiber. You can request either variant from most dealers.  They are supposed to be the same strength wise, so the only difference is which pattern is more visually appealing to you.
2015-3-25
Use props
BlaneCooper
New

United States

Okay great thank you all
2015-3-25
Use props
leostrat_54
lvl.3

United States

BlaneCooper Posted at 2015-3-26 10:18
Okay great thank you all

Blane,
I ordered from Total Control Innovations in Tempe, AZ.  The first reason was because they offer a very reasonably price hydro-dipping process.  The second is because they have been up front and honest about everything concerning the delays and issues with DJI.  If you want your Inspire to look fantastic, you can't do better.
2015-3-26
Use props
FlyingSquirrel
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17141325 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

I purchased from amain.com - i1 Dual They have been great since I started buying from them a couple of years ago.
2015-3-26
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I bought mine from B&H Photo. The price was discounted. They know where each one that they sold is so DJI updated parts are automatically sent to you, the parts that DJI update as warranty changeout. Free shipping on most items. They also have an Aerial Division that you can contact via Phone or on line. I am not sure on repairs, If needed I would lean towards the DJI Service Center on the West Coast.
From Posts on the Forum there are other reputable Dealers also. One that comes to mind is Copter Warehouse.
2015-3-26
Use props
HeadOn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1903835 ft
United States

Chris Con Posted at 2015-3-26 07:04
Cosign with jhogge . They are a great company (multicopterwarehouse). I just purchased the new pro ...

I have had stellar service from the CopterShop and would highly recommend them.  They have exceeded all my expectations including swapping out a camera and gimbal for my defective one when Dji support dropped the ball.  They ship things out fast and are quick to reply to questions.  They've also been proactive about sending out important info from DJI and shipping out things like the prop locks and soon the new 1394s prop upgrade in mid-April. They confirmed that for me this morning.

CopterShop is fantastic.
2015-3-26
Use props
robbie_gilmore
lvl.2

United States

If you are on the east coast  you cannot go wrong with Intelligent UAS in a DC suburb.  They are extremely professional knowledgeable and prompt on shipments.  I have had nothing but a great experience with them and they certainly helped me with the firmware update.
2015-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules