Assistant 2 Will Not Start on Macbook Pro
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rwmcccoy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6539 ft
United States

I downloaded the pkg file for Assistant 2 and it installed Assistant and the Android USB driver without errors. I rebooted to enable the driver.

When I try to start the program, nothing happens.

When I look at the console record, it shows the program started but imediately terminated with the following errors:
Termination Signal:    Illegal instruction: 4
Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0x4
Terminating Process:   exc handler [0]

I verified that the firewall was off and no other programs were blocking Internet access. (Other than the normal firewall protections of my router) and reinstalled the program.

I get the same error and failure to start.

If anyone needs it, the complete termination log is here: https://gist.github.com/rwmccoy/15f9afd14aea52efa7da8ffb0ee30a01

Any ideas?
2017-8-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Have you tried to reinstall the application? If you have and can not run DJI Assistant 2, please try to use another computer to run.
2017-8-5
Use props
Jim Low
lvl.2
Flight distance : 276503 ft
Oman

I to had a similar issue with getting Assistant to run on MacBook Pro. Not so much with the installation, but on connectivity. Turns out the only way is would work was using the cables that came boxed with the P4P. Using other third party cables just couldn't connect.
2017-8-5
Use props
rwmcccoy
lvl.1
United States

Jim Low Posted at 2017-8-5 22:35
I to had a similar issue with getting Assistant to run on MacBook Pro. Not so much with the installation, but on connectivity. Turns out the only way is would work was using the cables that came boxed with the P4P. Using other third party cables just couldn't connect.

Thanks for the idea.

Unfortunately, I am using the cable provided with the Drone.
2017-8-6
Use props
rwmcccoy
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-5 22:06
Have you tried to reinstall the application? If you have and can not run DJI Assistant 2, please try to use another computer to run.

I have reinstalled the application.

I have a virtual machine running Windows 10 on this machine and the windows version of the program works fine.

I will install the program on another Mac under OS X to see if it works there.

If it works on another Mac, will we be able to troubleshoot this one to resolve the problem? I'd rather not have to boot up my WIndows VM just to use Assistant and my other Mac is used as a server and not normally available for this use.
2017-8-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

rwmcccoy Posted at 2017-8-6 06:57
I have reinstalled the application.

I have a virtual machine running Windows 10 on this machine and the windows version of the program works fine.

After searching some info about the error message on the internet, I personally think this is a system issue. I would recommend that you can try contact with Apple first. But I'll also help to look into the solution about this question.
2017-8-9
Use props
rwmcccoy
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-9 01:52
After searching some info about the error message on the internet, I personally think this is a system issue. I would recommend that you can try contact with Apple first. But I'll also help to look into the solution about this question.

Thank you.

I'll check with Apple. Note that no other applications are having any problems on this machine.

I'll also monitor here to see if anything there's anything else I can try.
2017-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules