1045 4 2017-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0f9fe6af
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1779127 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello, I was conducting a flight yesterday near a water falls inside the partial gorge of a mountain. There were only 4-5 satellittes available so the flight was Vision based no GPS. The P4 took off but did not want to climb higher than 3-4m of total high from the takeoff point.
Is that normal? Is there a way to bypass this restriction and to fly entirely manually? I was not able to capture the entire fall because I couldn't climb higher.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

EasyB
2017-8-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Height is restricted in atti mode but it's restricted more (what you experienced) in atti mode with VPS active.
From P53 of the manual ....
Height is restricted to 26 feet (8 meters)when the GPS signal is weak and Vision Positioning is activated.
Height is restricted to 164 feet (50 meters) when the GPS signal is weak and Vision Positioning is inactivated
2017-8-4
Use props
fans0f9fe6af
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1779127 ft
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-8-4 15:07
Height is restricted in atti mode but it's restricted more (what you experienced) in atti mode with VPS active.
From P53 of the manual ....
Height is restricted to 26 feet (8 meters)when the GPS signal is weak and Vision Positioning is activated.

Thanks Labroides. I searched the manual for Vision but must have missed that mentions.
So the next time this happens, I should switch to ATTI mode. How do I disable VPS in order to use the 50m height threshold?

2017-8-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fans0f9fe6af Posted at 2017-8-4 21:53
Thanks Labroides. I searched the manual for Vision but must have missed that mentions.
So the next time this happens, I should switch to ATTI mode. How do I disable VPS in order to use the 50m height threshold?

It's not necessary to switch to atti mode as your Phantom will be in atti mode anyway until it gets enough GPS sats in its sky view.
Go to your app settings and look at the column of icons on the left side of the page.
The second one down is where you can disable the VPS system.
2017-8-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Like Labroides mentioned: Height is restricted to 26 feet (8 meters)when the GPS signal is weak and Vision Positioning is activated;
Height is restricted to 164 feet (50 meters) when the GPS signal is weak and Vision Positioning is inactivated.
You can shut down VPS via DJI GO 4 app when you connect the drone, RC and the app, enter device and click the top right icon, choose Visual Navigation Settings and switch off obstacle avoidance.
If you don't want any restrictions in this case, you can switch to ATTI mode manually.
2017-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules