Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic distance limit problem
5003 21 2017-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chris2forTT
lvl.1
Trinidad and Tobago

Hey guys,

I recently received my Mavic back from DJI from fixing the gimbal. Drone works perfectly now but I can't fly further than 50m away from home point.
I've tried taking off distance limit and leaving it on and changing to maximum distance but the Mavic keeps stopping at 50m.
Do you guys have any suggestions?

2017-8-4
Use props
03864reefer
New
Flight distance : 29442 ft
United States

New update.. you must be logged in to dji go app on internet to get restrictions lifted . I believe that is your issue...
2017-8-4
Use props
Kim BB
New
Australia

The problem is that DJI somehow think it's safe to fly when you are in an area that has mobile coverage, but not in more remote areas. I think dji have lost the plot. They've certainly lost. Me. I'm fumeing.
2017-8-4
Use props
Oh My
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18694 ft
New Zealand

DJI or some people will say strong interference when you are in a good coverage of mobile.
Restricting in a remote area as well?
If Kim BB is right, where can I fly my mavic?
It is bad.
2017-8-5
Use props
Mari
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

Just do like told many times... Sign in on app ONCE at home with internet connection to remove restrictions.... then go fly wherever you want even where there is no internet/cell coverage.
2017-8-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

You need to log in the app with your DJI account or the drone will have a limitation of 30 meters' height and 50meters' distance
2017-8-5
Use props
chris2forTT
lvl.1
Trinidad and Tobago

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-5 02:06
You need to log in the app with your DJI account or the drone will have a limitation of 30 meters' height and 50meters' distance

yes, these are the restrictions i'm getting. How do I log in the app? with the drone paired?

2017-8-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

chris2forTT Posted at 2017-8-5 05:35
yes, these are the restrictions i'm getting. How do I log in the app? with the drone paired?

Nope, please update your DJI GO 4 app. It will ask you to log in first. Or click "ME"---top right icon---settings---log in. You need to use your DJI email account to log in.
2017-8-5
Use props
chris2forTT
lvl.1
Trinidad and Tobago

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-5 23:55
Nope, please update your DJI GO 4 app. It will ask you to log in first. Or click "ME"---top right icon---settings---log in. You need to use your DJI email account to log in.

When I check for an update in the settings menu of the DJI go 4 app, it states no latest version detected.
Any other ideas?
2017-8-9
Use props
UCBarkeeper
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616982 ft
Switzerland

why don't you try what dji thor actually said? go on "me", settings in the top right, sign out/or log in.
2017-8-9
Use props
chris2forTT
lvl.1
Trinidad and Tobago

UCBarkeeper Posted at 2017-8-9 07:35
why don't you try what dji thor actually said? go on "me", settings in the top right, sign out/or log in.

I have done that. Me is in the bottom right corner for me. From there i have gone into settings where there is the option for signing out. I have signed out and signed back in but the application still does not give notice to update.
2017-8-9
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

chris2forTT Posted at 2017-8-9 12:33
I have done that. Me is in the bottom right corner for me. From there i have gone into settings where there is the option for signing out. I have signed out and signed back in but the application still does not give notice to update.

Well at this point you should be able to fly off into the sunset with no distance or altitude limits
2017-8-9
Use props
chris2forTT
lvl.1
Trinidad and Tobago

chris2forTT Posted at 2017-8-9 12:33

version dji go 4 v4.07(257-official)
2017-8-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

chris2forTT Posted at 2017-8-9 05:48
When I check for an update in the settings menu of the DJI go 4 app, it states no latest version detected.
Any other ideas?

May I know what mobile device are you using? Please try to reinstall the app by scanning the QR code of our official website to see if it could help to update to the latest version.
http://www.dji.com/spark/info#downloads
2017-8-10
Use props
chris2forTT
lvl.1
Trinidad and Tobago

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-10 00:57
May I know what mobile device are you using? Please try to reinstall the app by scanning the QR code of our official website to see if it could help to update to the latest version.
http://www.dji.com/spark/info#downloads

app updated and everything is working as it should be. Phone sgs6
2017-8-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

chris2forTT Posted at 2017-8-13 17:05
app updated and everything is working as it should be. Phone sgs6

Thanks for the feedback. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at any time, we're glad to help.
2017-8-14
Use props
djiuser_TOSN2rKj0OYJ
New
Sweden

Hi! I have this problem too, i have updated the app and i´m logged in but it doesen´t work. What do i do?
2018-5-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_TOSN2rKj0OYJ Posted at 2018-5-20 08:50
Hi! I have this problem too, i have updated the app and i´m logged in but it doesen´t work. What do i do?

Have you checked all flight modes in your app..
2018-5-20
Use props
djiuser_TOSN2rKj0OYJ
New
Sweden

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-5-20 10:28
Have you checked all flight modes in your app..

where can i see that?
2018-5-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It’s in your app, you need to have Aircraft turned on and go to the settings on your telemetry 3 dots top right hand corner click on that and you will find it in the menus there . All flight modes.
2018-5-21
Use props
djiuser_TOSN2rKj0OYJ
New
Sweden

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-5-21 01:19
It’s in your app, you need to have Aircraft turned on and go to the settings on your telemetry 3 dots top right hand corner click on that and you will find it in the menus there . All flight modes.

yes it´s on, still not working... :/
2018-5-22
Use props
fansbe81dd51
lvl.1
Canada

There needs to be a way to turn off all these safety limitations. This is ridiculous. I was trying to fly on a beach and it couldn't go more than 50m away. No internet access. I was in the middle of nowhere. DJI has turned my expensive drone into a child's toy. Not impressed.
2019-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules