Mavic pro battery stuck in FW mode
1486 5 2017-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans413d63ec
New
Flight distance : 40968 ft
Colombia

Hi, I was updating firmware but the app encountered an error. I couldn't resolve the problem at the time and went back to my office. When I got back the mavic was turned off but the battery still had the two middle lights turned on. Now I cant connect it to a pc and force the update, I cant even charge the battery. What can I do?
2017-8-4
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

The only way to fix the battery is to leave it in the Mavic, connect the Mavic to your PC via usb, turn the Mavic on and then open the Assistant 2 software. Run the firmware update again.
2017-8-4
Use props
BradBr
lvl.1
Australia

Hi fans413d63ec .. really should update your profile name

I had a similar issue today and discovered that it has happened to many other Mavic customers. It was very frustrating because the battery was fully charged when I was advised by the DJI Assistant 2 that a module (the battery) was not compatible and required an update. I clicked OK as you do and the firmware started to down load then had an error. I then noticed the dreaded two middle light flashing in 16 second on and 1 second off cycle and discovered that I could not turn off the battery and in the end had to remove it from the drone.

I then started searching the forums for a solution to this hither to unknown problem because that's what I really love to do on my Saturday afternoon and finally came across the following thread.

Battery Firmware Fail Fix

I followed the instructions provided by fans2d1b05ee (another guy that really should update his profile name) and it worked as described. Hope you have the same kind of luck and like me get a resolution in a few hours which as many DJI customers know is classified as WINNING!!!!

Happy flying and keep the blue side up....
2017-8-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

This means that the battery upgrades failed and you need to upgrade the battery again. To fix this issue, upgrade the battery firmware again. Please remove the battery and try to charge it for about 2 hours, and then mount the battery to the aircraft, connect your drone to the computer and try to upgrade it via DJI Assistant 2 again. The middle 2 LED lights will keep lighting and the power button of the battery will not work until the upgrade is successful.
2017-8-5
Use props
dan_plata
New
Colombia

Hi, thanks for your posts.  I tried charging the battery, nothing happens, now the two middle light buttons are kind of fading out and they only turn ON after pressing the power button for  about 50 secs. Now when the battery is connected to the mavic the mavic doesnt turn on. Help!
2017-8-5
Use props
dan_plata
New
Colombia

anybody there that can help me?
2017-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules