NO IMAGE TRANSMISSION SIGNAL
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
craigw0lv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 328645 ft
United States

Having a problem with my P4. Was flying last night and was working well and in mid flight I got this error "No Video Transmission Signal" Did a smart return to home and worked on for a while with no success. Got it back out today and went to the forums. Did what they said, took the SD card out and booted the P4 and still no signal. Formatted the card on my machine. Tried to format with the P4 and it said that there was "NO SD Card". Tried different cards and no luck, still says that there is "NO SD Card"?  Since it doesn't find the card, I cannot format it either.
Any suggestions?

2017-8-4
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha craig,

There are two ways to format the SD card.  One is on the Pre-Flight screen and the other is in the Camera Settings.  In Camera Settings, tap the general settings and way on the bottom will be Format the SD Card.  Try that with the original card.  Let us know how that goes.

The other thing you need to look at is the HD Settings option.  This option manages the Live View (Camera View).  In there see how the read-outs look.  Go between Auto and Custom.  Move the bitrate slider or settings option.  See if that helps.  Let us know how that goes.

Lastly, re-link the Aircraft to the Remote Controller.  There may be a problem with the link.  This will reset the firmware to make it functional again.  Let us know how that goes.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-8-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Please check the following steps:
1. Please check could you control the gimbal by RC? If the gimbal doesn't move, please try to relink the drone and RC.
2. If you can control it, could you please tell us what mobile device are you using? And please try to replug the connecting cable between the RC and the device.
3. Try to reinstall the app, don't forget to backup important files and flight records first.
4. Upgrade the firmware if it is needed.
For the "No SD Card" issue, please try to format the SD card via a computer first, the SD card that is less than or equal to 32GB should only be formatted into the FAT32 file system. The SD card that is larger than 32GB should only be formatted into the exFAT file system.
Please see whether these steps helped and keep us updated if the problem persists, thank you.
2017-8-5
Use props
craigw0lv
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-5 20:15
Please check the following steps:
1. Please check could you control the gimbal by RC? If the gimbal doesn't move, please try to relink the drone and RC.
2. If you can control it, could you please tell us what mobile device are you using? And please try to replug the connecting cable between the RC and the device.

I have done all of the above.  still nothing
2017-8-7
Use props
craigw0lv
lvl.1
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-8-5 03:39
Aloha craig,

There are two ways to format the SD card.  One is on the Pre-Flight screen and the other is in the Camera Settings.  In Camera Settings, tap the general settings and way on the bottom will be Format the SD Card.  Try that with the original card.  Let us know how that goes.

Did it all and nothing,  Also, no red or green light on the SD slot and when you try to format it, it says "NO SD Card"
2017-8-7
Use props
craigw0lv
lvl.1
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-8-5 03:39
Aloha craig,

I also get Gimbal disconnected now.
2017-8-7
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

craigw0lv Posted at 2017-8-7 18:02

Aloha craig,

Can you describe how the re-link went?  As Thor indicates, almost everything needs to be refreshed and your network reset.  What version of Assistant 2 are you using?  With the SD card out, Assistant 2 is your main tool until you get the SD card back.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-8-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

craigw0lv Posted at 2017-8-7 18:02

If you had tried the steps I provided above, and now you get gimbal disconnected, try to not plug the SD card in the drone for testing. If it still not works, I recommend sending the drone in, we will have a check with it.
Please fill in some info on our online repair link of our official web and then send it back, Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
We will do our best to help this out. Thank you.
2017-8-9
Use props
fans7dca172f
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I too have had the P4 Advanced for about 2.5 weeks now and was extremely happy with it up until this Tuesday, I'm getting consistent disconnects at 200-300 feet prior to that I was getting great range with all DJI drones. I tried the SD card, out of beginner mode, changed to different channels, tried different cables, reinstall app, relinking remote, and even litchi app; but nothing at this point I too would love to here any other ideas. I personally think something in the remote or aircraft has come loose because  when the aircraft is yawed reception drastically changes on my status bar drops out, aircraft has not been dropped or crashed either. If I can't get this resolved its going back for a refund too much money invested for a drone that only flies 200-300 feet and break connection.
2017-8-10
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fans7dca172f Posted at 2017-8-10 20:11
I too have had the P4 Advanced for about 2.5 weeks now and was extremely happy with it up until this Tuesday, I'm getting consistent disconnects at 200-300 feet prior to that I was getting great range with all DJI drones. I tried the SD card, out of beginner mode, changed to different channels, tried different cables, reinstall app, relinking remote, and even litchi app; but nothing at this point I too would love to here any other ideas. I personally think something in the remote or aircraft has come loose because  when the aircraft is yawed reception drastically changes on my status bar drops out, aircraft has not been dropped or crashed either. If I can't get this resolved its going back for a refund too much money invested for a drone that only flies 200-300 feet and break connection.

You are hijacking another user's thread with a 'Me Too'.
2017-8-10
Use props
fans7dca172f
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Sorry Captain just trying to add to this thread did not know the forum etiquette police were patrolling tonight!
2017-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules