Lost P3 Took off lost RC!!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dw goldengrove
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1818511 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Help  !!!  Lost GPS after 26 Secs kept flying off what happens does it land  cannot find??
2017-8-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

26 seconds doesn't give much flight data but who knows?
Perhaps your flight record will show enough to help.
Go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides and someone here might be able to analyse it and give you an understanding of the cause of the incident.
2017-8-5
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

This seems to be becoming a common complaint ... is it just more new owners or is it something else ?

First question ...

When the AC flew away - did you still have video link and your phone / tablet screen displaying position / flight path ? If it did - could you not then follow that to find the possible last resting place of your P3 ?

Do you have cached video on your phone / tablet in GO that shows the flight ?

As L says - upload flight log to get more data and what went wrong ..

But initially as I and others have done - you should use the info you had on screen to find that last known position. If your phone / tablet has GPS of its own - then that could have led you to the last known position ... but trouble is - once you switch off then on-screen info is basically lost. You then use the cached log info along with video to retrace the flight path. Plus of course the log will say what modes / actions occurred ...

The 'fly-ways' on take off / lost signal were sometimes found with earlier Go / FW where Home Point was improperly made - but that glitch has been pretty well sorted. Therefore unless you have old FW / Go  - its' likely error in use of the gear.

Was right hand top switch FULLY up in P-GPS position ? If not then with ATTI mode - if you are not used to it will let wind / weather drift her away from you ... as GPS positioning will not assist you.

Was Home Point recorded and correct ? Voice should say Home Point recorded and a quick look at the map in bottom corner should show an H at your spot ...

Was there any warning before take-off ? Compass, Signal, anything at all ?

What were weather conditions like ? Light, moderate or strong winds ? Did the P3 go if in direction of the wind or another direction ?

It really then comes down to looking at as much evidence as possible to try and determine what went wrong. But first ... and this is where any one new to the game will not realise - DON'T switch off tablet or phone ... it just may have that last position on screen ... I am just editing my 'infamous' Go for a swim P3S video to show the use of on-screen position to find the model ... it will be uploaded shortly.

Nigel
2017-8-5
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

OK ... I know for OP its probably too late but this is to show how the screen can be used to find that P3 ..

Nigel
2017-8-5
Use props
Maritimer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 106673 ft
Canada

solentlife Posted at 2017-8-5 03:15
OK ... I know for OP its probably too late but this is to show how the screen can be used to find that P3 ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsG3_rTjH20

good tip, similar to finding Geo Caches out in the wilds lol
2017-8-5
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

I forgot and some other 'off-forum' reminded me that :

Litchi has " Find my AC "   and Go has "Find my Drone" ..... so all is not lost hopefully.

Nigel
2017-8-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

solentlife Posted at 2017-8-5 07:51
I forgot and some other 'off-forum' reminded me that :

Litchi has " Find my AC "   and Go has "Find my Drone" ..... so all is not lost hopefully.

Litchi find my drone and what you've described here only show the last location recorded.
That's useful if that's where the Phantom lands.
In cases where the Phantom was still flying and loses signal for various reasons, that's not going to be where the Phantom is.
2017-8-5
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

We know that L .... but at least it gives a starting point. Any detective will always go to that point and then work out likely path. Its most likely that path will continue in a relatively straight line unless outside influence deflects it or it decides that Home Point is off in blue yonder.

Nigel
2017-8-5
Use props
Agent7837
lvl.2
Canada

Did you were recording on that moment? You can review your video in dji go app and maybe reconize the area where it crash...
2017-8-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I would recommend you to contact our Support Team via support.au@dji.com and report the accident, our colleagues will take care of it.
2017-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules