OSMO powering off after being turned on
11536 6 2017-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5708aa49
New

Denmark

Hi Everyone!

Hope someone has some suggestions as to what I should do!

Got the OSMO and wanted to update the firmware since I will be travelling next month. I was running firmware .40 and wanted to update to .60. Did everything as I normally do, but something went wrong and I got an update failure. Tried again but now the OSMO just powers off when being turned on?

Tried manually to put on the .40 firmware and do the reset guide but nothing happend. It seems that without micro SD card the OSMO will power on, but through the GO APP there is no image or anything. As soon as I put in a SD card the OSMO just powers off.

Really hoping someone has some suggestions as to what to try, i need the OSMO for my travels next month and really dont want to start shipping to DJI or anything.

Hoping to hear from somebody!

Kind regards,

Tobias
2017-8-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Firstly, please make sure the Osmo could be turned on without powering off, how about changing another battery? You may try to clean the contact of the battery and the contact inside the battery compartment.
Then try to force the firmware to update:
Download the firmware to the root directory of SD card;
Before power on, keep pressing the Trigger and Record button at the same time, then press Power switch for about 5 seconds until the indicator blinks red and green alternatively;
A few minutes later, when the indicator becomes solid green, delete the firmware in SD card and reboot the Osmo.
2017-8-6
Use props
fans83ad0550
lvl.1

Kenya

Hi,My osmo x3 blinks green with a beeping when powered on and the screen is black..in record mode the beeping,blinking and black screen continues.Kindly assist..anybody experiencing the same problem?
2018-1-18
Use props
fansab4d0ae9
New
Flight distance : 1302 ft
Hong Kong

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-6 03:38
Firstly, please make sure the Osmo could be turned on without powering off, how about changing another battery? You may try to clean the contact of the battery and the contact inside the battery compartment.
Then try to force the firmware to update:
Download the firmware to the root directory of SD card;

Is there a link you can post on where to download a version of the latest firmware update for the osmo pocket?

I have the same problem where i cannot activate or update the firmware on the device because it powers off automatically after 10-15 seconds. The startup screen shows and the gimble  goes through its startup, then i select language and mimo recognizes the connection and prompts me to activate the devices. then before it can activate it, it powers off. The battery has a full charge and seems to be taking a charge successfully. This is a brand new device and had this problem on the first start startup.
2019-4-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fansab4d0ae9 Posted at 4-23 19:04
Is there a link you can post on where to download a version of the latest firmware update for the osmo pocket?

I have the same problem where i cannot activate or update the firmware on the device because it powers off automatically after 10-15 seconds. The startup screen shows and the gimble  goes through its startup, then i select language and mimo recognizes the connection and prompts me to activate the devices. then before it can activate it, it powers off. The battery has a full charge and seems to be taking a charge successfully. This is a brand new device and had this problem on the first start startup.

Hi there, we are so sorry for the troubles with Osmo Pocket, unfortunately, its firmware can only be updated via the APP. Any chance to share us a short video of the issue for further support? Thank you in advance.
2019-4-23
Use props
dietervdw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 195331 ft

This happened to me too. I think it was because the protection of the gimbal was still in place, preventing the gimbal from moving. After removing the padding between the gimbal and the device, it worked normally.
2019-10-1
Use props
fans0b7f424b
New
Mexico

Dji osmo pocket does not turn on and does not charge.
2020-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules