INSPIRE ONE TX TRAY HARNESS AND MOBILE DEVICE HOLDER
2507 13 2015-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
genettico.hotma
lvl.3

United States

I like to share so that people can get ideas... Ideas improve products or expand product lines, they also creates competition.. And this in turn more options for people like you and me... the consumers...
I sometimes also post pictures and videos of things that are out there but have not been shown, and maybe you are considering.
I found the harness first and bought it. Then I got the tray and bought it too... And then though expensive and not enough pictures online I took yet another plunge and bought the Mobile Grip, to try it, post more pics to share with you all and to show the fit on our equipment.... Like with the hood or without...

Anyways... You get the point... Sharing your equipment and showing it does not make it less special...

So this is for you guys that share your ideas and post them for the world to see:

I spoke to Multicopterwarehouse.com today and was making that hopefully they can become a SECRAFT dealer as well. They might be interested if there is demand for it... So please make it known to them, Currently theres one place that will start to sell the grips (I bought the only one they had) but Im pretty sure if you get your hands on one you will definitely would consider the cost...

Here are some pictures...

Enjoy... And feel free to ask questions... And yes I LOVE IT!!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124117089@N07/sets/72157651149336119/

2015-3-25
Use props
genettico.hotma
lvl.3

United States

INSPIRE 1 TX TRAY HARNESS AND MOBILE DEVICE GRIP
I dont know why I could not post the link on the initial thread!  Thanks to my beautiful wife for lending herself to my odd requests... Like posing for us to show the fitment!!
2015-3-25
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Looks cool but it seems redundant and adds to the crap we already have to cart around. It doesn't really seem to add much except weight.
2015-3-25
Use props
genettico.hotma
lvl.3

United States

Dangair Posted at 2015-3-26 09:40
Looks cool but it seems redundant and adds to the crap we already have to cart around. It doesn't re ...

Lol... This is what makes the world go around... Different tastes... different people!

Adds weight?Im sure it does.. However it actually feels lighter because the weight is evenly distributed.. you can even rest your arms and not have to worry about the "top heavy" situation that happens when you put even the Ipad Air 2 on with the harness provided. This one offers stability, much more adjustability and not have to worry about the flimsy Mobile support that comes provided with our system when using the larger mobile devices like the Ipads and Samsungs...l  dont get me wrong... Im not complaining about the Inspire 1 mobile device grip and the harness, and  as you say, this might not add value other than weight to many people... Specially those with smaller devices...but for me, and maybe some of us with the larger ones, might appreciate a more solid mobile device holder...at the cost of having to haul more stuff as you mentioned. I am willing to sacrifice that!
2015-3-25
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

You are right with what you're saying I dig it. It seems more suited to car flyers and commercial users that don't have to trek their gea around. It does look stable for sure and stability is an issue with the stock setup. For me the biggest deal breaker is the effect on portability. And that is one reason I chose the iPad mini 2's over the bigger, heavier models. You see I pack my unit into the mountains and weight or bulk becomes an issue. If I were doing realestate shoots or movie shots I think that would rock! What's the price on that if you don't mind me asking?
2015-3-25
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Diversity is the key here - many of us will have wildly differing use cases and requirements out of the platform, so having a range of options to support the functionality 'out of the box' is a positive move forward.

The control console setups I have seen used for larger commercial scale UAV (Ascending Technologies and Microdrones) are pretty big due to the number of data link antennas, controller status indicators, batteries and fpv screens. I am using iPad mini 2s on my Inspire, so the stock arrangement is fine for me, but were I to use a full sized iPad or Sammy tab I think I'd want a more substantial console arrangement.

The support and weight distribution aspects are very important and shouldn't be overlooked also - strain and fatigue in your elbows, forearms, wrists and shoulders will not help you maintain the fine levels of motor control required in your fingers and thumbs for well controlled flight operations over extended periods of time.

2015-3-25
Use props
genettico.hotma
lvl.3

United States

Farnk666 Posted at 2015-3-26 10:18
Diversity is the key here - many of us will have wildly differing use cases and requirements out of  ...

Could not have said it any better. Thank you for the feedback!
2015-3-25
Use props
MainlineAerial
New

United States

Nice innovation, keep the ideas coming!
2015-3-25
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Certainly looks like it is well engineered.  

Perhaps they can make something smaller to suit everyones needs.  May be something just a bit beefier than the original DJI mount for the iPAD, phoines etc as the original mount is not exactly stable and comes loose sometimes.

Good option for some though.

Thanks for sharing, it may even Inspire DJI to produce an upgrade !!
2015-3-26
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

At the local hobby shop one day and saw a customer with a new Inspire, setting up the Tx on a very nice looking console frame.
All carbon fibre and alloy construction, nice wide shoulder straps and plenty of room.

Saw a logo on the frame which I recognised as Microdrones, turned out the customer had been using a MD4-200, but had recently moved to the Inspire. So we had the Tx from a 4k quad on the frame from a 80k quad
2015-3-26
Use props
FlyingSquirrel
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17141325 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

nice link genettico. Its a little too bulky for me but it still looks nice. Needs a cup holder and its set!
2015-3-26
Use props
Wolfman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 405659 ft
Australia

genettico.hotma Posted at 2015-3-26 12:02
Could not have said it any better. Thank you for the feedback!

Genettico, WELL DONE, this look like the ticket.

Whilst the inspire set up is good, I think it is probably designed for phones or small tablets.
With a 10in tablet, it becomes quite unstable especially with the single point connection for the neck strap.
Your design may not get the hobby flyers excited but will definitely be a useful tool for those using the Inspire regularly. Where can I get one??
2015-3-26
Use props
DBDagger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2783205 ft
United States

Dangair Posted at 2015-3-26 10:15
You are right with what you're saying I dig it. It seems more suited to car flyers and commercial us ...

The cost as shown is about $311.00 US I have the exact same setup except I'm using a Nexus 10 and Galaxy S 8.4 I also enjoy the extra security and comfort using the tray.
2015-3-26
Use props
genettico.hotma
lvl.3

United States

Wolfman Posted at 2015-3-27 06:22
Genettico, WELL DONE, this look like the ticket.

Whilst the inspire set up is good, I  ...

I bought it off superstition hobbies AZ. I believe if there is enough demand other vendors will start providing them
2015-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules