Dji phantom 4 pro transmission problems
3635 31 2017-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AidanKless
lvl.2
Portugal

Hello,
My dji Phantom pro 4 suddenly won't record video . Most of the times iPhone transition is completely glitchy.
Sometimes I can get it to film 15 seconds then gimbal resets and all manual settings or the camera itself reset and every time I preens record i get transmission failed and it resets all over . Happens in manual and in auto
Gimbal goes limp and the whole reset happens

I have reset factory defaults on firmware and repupdated
Used other phones , unlinked the rc remote

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw0fQEVF3NruRzdNdEE4bFVhVnM
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw0fQEVF3NruRzdNdEE4bFVhVnM
Any solutions ?
2017-8-5
Use props
fansf13a6927
New
United States

Having same issue with P4 standard - super frustrating. Transmission looks and acts like drone way far out and beginning to lose transmission. This happening when drone in eye sight. Help
2017-8-5
Use props
Erka56
lvl.2
Netherlands

this tells enough I suppose: http://forum.dji.com/thread-106963-1-1.html
2017-8-5
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

You recording in 4k? Try 2.7k or 1080p. The firmware has the p4 series all jacked up. I just had to rollback because 3 minutes into a flight I lost all control and my p4 was doing things I didnt tell it to do. My p4 was literally stuck in the air. The only thing I could fully control was the tilt on the camera. I would highly recommend rolling it back to the previous firmware. I would tell you how but the mods are deleting any info relating to a rollback. Go to phantompilots and search for it there. Youll find everything you need there.
2017-8-5
Use props
djiuser_55RMcis
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-8-5
Use props
AidanKless
lvl.2
Portugal

i reset firmware and it remained the same. gimbal goes limp and fidgety until it resets and once i start recording it starts all over again
2017-8-7
Use props
AidanKless
lvl.2
Portugal

Duchunter Posted at 2017-8-5 12:11
You recording in 4k? Try 2.7k or 1080p. The firmware has the p4 series all jacked up. I just had to rollback because 3 minutes into a flight I lost all control and my p4 was doing things I didnt tell it to do. My p4 was literally stuck in the air. The only thing I could fully control was the tilt on the camera. I would highly recommend rolling it back to the previous firmware. I would tell you how but the mods are deleting any info relating to a rollback. Go to phantompilots and search for it there. Youll find everything you need there.

that doesnt change anything
2017-8-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Could you PM me your DJI Account? I would like to submit the permission of P4P beta firmware for you.
2017-8-13
Use props
AidanKless
lvl.2
Portugal

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-13 01:49
Could you PM me your DJI Account? I would like to submit the permission of P4P beta firmware for you.

Problem persists even after upgrade of firmware . Goes to glitchyness and seeing "live" feed in a split screen until i reset camera settings and all goes back to normal until i hit Record again
2017-8-16
Use props
Davinci Drone
New
Flight distance : 1073 ft
United States

Hello, I have been having many of the same issues others in this thread and others have been having with their firmware. Is it possible I could be given the beta as well?
2017-8-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

AidanKless Posted at 2017-8-16 12:56
Problem persists even after upgrade of firmware . Goes to glitchyness and seeing "live" feed in a split screen until i reset camera settings and all goes back to normal until i hit Record again

Noted with thanks! Please contact our Support Team via support.eu@dji.com for further assistance.  
2017-8-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Davinci Drone Posted at 2017-8-16 22:31
Hello, I have been having many of the same issues others in this thread and others have been having with their firmware. Is it possible I could be given the beta as well?

Please PM me your DJI account and drone type, I will check and push the beta one.
2017-8-17
Use props
AidanKless
lvl.2
Portugal

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-17 01:41
Please PM me your DJI account and drone type, I will check and push the beta one.

Done, thank you.
2017-8-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Received with thanks! Please login your DJI account and refresh the firmware later via DJI Assistant 2.
2017-8-22
Use props
Kevin Stewart
lvl.2
Flight distance : 649426 ft
India

@Susan Can u add me to the beta firmware list for P4P. I'm having problems after the previous update too.
2017-8-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Kevin Stewart Posted at 2017-8-22 08:08
@Susan Can u add me to the beta firmware list for P4P. I'm having problems after the previous update too.

What's your main problem of the latest firmware? Please offer your DJI account and I will check.
2017-8-24
Use props
Alan X
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1212221 ft
United Kingdom

Hi - Since latest update I have been having bad video transmission problems on my P4P, even when it is only a few feet away or right in front of me. I get black or green banding on my screen and the image sometimes totally disappears, glitches, stutters, locks for a few moments etc.

I took it to Drone Doctor for a repair but they found nothing obvious wrong with it. I have messaged DJI - awaiting reply.

I took it for a flight yesterday and it was unusable. I cannot fly SAFE. I am taking my PfCO Flight Test on 2017-09-07 and need to know I can control the aircraft and FLY SAFE otherwise I will have to postpone the test which may cost me £££.

If ANYONE can please provide information I would really appreciate any help to resolve this - it's a major problem.

I am using the same set-up of P4P, DJI GO4 APP and iPad Mini 4 that worked fine before the update. Drone Doctor reckon the latest DJI Go 4 update requires a minimum of an A9/A10 chip, while the iPad mini 4 I bought specifically to fly the P4P only has an A8 chip and now runs very HOT.

Does this mean I have to spend hundreds of pounds more on a new iPad so soon after my initial purchase just to be able to fly the thing?

PLEASE HELP US DJI!

Regards - Alan
2017-8-24
Use props
Alan X
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi there - I have been having a lot of video transmission problems on my P4P even when it is only a few feet away. I get black and green banding on screen and the image sometimes totally disappears, glitches, stutters etc.

Dropbox Clip

I took it to Drone Doctor for a repair but they found nothing wrong. I took it for a flight yesterday and it is still faulty. I cannot fly SAFE. I am taking my PfCO Flight Test on 2017-09-07 and need to know I can FLY SAFE otherwise I will fail the test.

Please can anyone provide any information to help me resolve this major problem.

Until recently this was never an issue and I am using the same set-up of P4P, DJI GO4 APP and iPad Mini 4. Drone Doctor think the Go 4 App now requires minimum of A9 or A10 chip - the iPad Mini 4 uses an A8 chip. I bought it especially to use with the P4P. Do I now have to pay for a new iPad to make the Aircraft usable?

Thanks Regards - Alan
2017-8-24
Use props
fans61699a75
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Try resetting camera settings
2017-8-24
Use props
Kevin Stewart
lvl.2
India

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-24 02:02
What's your main problem of the latest firmware? Please offer your DJI account and I will check.

Cannot switch to video mode. Image transmission stops and gimbal starts freaking out and yawing. My Dji account is kskevinstewart7@gmail.com
2017-8-26
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Alan X Posted at 2017-8-24 04:38
Hi there - I have been having a lot of video transmission problems on my P4P even when it is only a few feet away. I get black and green banding on screen and the image sometimes totally disappears, glitches, stutters etc.

Dropbox Clip

My mini 4 works perfectly with my P4P using the latest version of the DJI Go4, have you tried 5.8ghz ?
I'd also try another MFI (apple) approved Lightining OTG cable, I've had good performance from the Benks cable

http://www.benks.com.my/shop/ben ... ng-cable-2-4a-gray/
2017-8-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Kevin Stewart Posted at 2017-8-26 02:48
Cannot switch to video mode. Image transmission stops and gimbal starts freaking out and yawing. My Dji account is kskevinstewart7@gmail.com

Reset the camera settings will figure it out, please have a try.
2017-8-28
Use props
SM-17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 179288 ft
Malta

@dji Susan,

Can you please add me for the beta of p4p, i amm getting a lot of gimbal noise and range issues after latest official update.

My mail is the same as the one using in this forum

Thanks
2017-8-28
Use props
Kevin Stewart
lvl.2
India

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-28 01:56
Reset the camera settings will figure it out, please have a try.

I tried everything, it doesn't work. Add me to beta firmware list ASAP.

Thanks.
2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

SM-17 Posted at 2017-8-28 02:08
@dji Susan,

Can you please add me for the beta of p4p, i amm getting a lot of gimbal noise and range issues after latest official update.

Noted. I have forwarded to our engineers to add the permission.

@Kevin Stewart, is the same email address when you logged in the forum?
2017-9-2
Use props
tdawgmd1
New
United States

I have the same issues.  Drone can be less than 20 yards and get green banding, pixelation and lagging on video feed.  I thought firmware updates were supposed to improve the performance of the drone.  If there is an updated firmware, please email me the link! @dji susan
2017-9-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

tdawgmd1 Posted at 2017-9-4 11:50
I have the same issues.  Drone can be less than 20 yards and get green banding, pixelation and lagging on video feed.  I thought firmware updates were supposed to improve the performance of the drone.  If there is an updated firmware, please email me the link! @dji susan

Is it a P4 or P4P? I don't think the pixelation and video lagging are caused by firmware directly. I would recommend you to change to another location without interference or recommended mobile to check again.

BTW, please click the reply button under my reply so that I can handle it timely. Have a nice day!
2017-9-16
Use props
tdawgmd1
New
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-16 00:13
Is it a P4 or P4P? I don't think the pixelation and video lagging are caused by firmware directly. I would recommend you to change to another location without interference or recommended mobile to check again.

BTW, please click the reply button under my reply so that I can handle it timely. Have a nice day!

It's a p4p. I'm flying it in the same area that I always fly it and usually get well over a mile of flight before any lagging or pixelation.  This now happens when the drone is less than 50 yards from me and frankly at times just gives me a green screen with no video feed.  It is definitely glitchy software.
2017-9-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

tdawgmd1 Posted at 2017-9-16 08:26
It's a p4p. I'm flying it in the same area that I always fly it and usually get well over a mile of flight before any lagging or pixelation.  This now happens when the drone is less than 50 yards from me and frankly at times just gives me a green screen with no video feed.  It is definitely glitchy software.

How about switching between 2.4 Ghz and 5.8 Ghz? Also, please check the current channel stable or not when the issue appears.
2017-9-20
Use props
fansd1f67ffd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38081 ft
United States

if new send in for repair or try downloading assistant 2 on dji site downloads it looks like u have a defective frone
2017-9-20
Use props
Supercaliber
lvl.1
Flight distance : 249364 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just bought a new P4pro and having the green screen issues. I wished I hadn't bought this. It's seems so outdated the way it is behaving. I also have an iPad mini 4..
2017-9-22
Use props
Alan X
lvl.1

tdawgmd1 Posted at 2017-9-4 11:50
I have the same issues.  Drone can be less than 20 yards and get green banding, pixelation and lagging on video feed.  I thought firmware updates were supposed to improve the performance of the drone.  If there is an updated firmware, please email me the link! @dji susan

I've had awful issues with the black and green banding, glitching, blackouts, loss of transmission and it's been going on since March 2017. It happens when I am right next to the drone and on both 2.4 or 5.8Ghz. My phantom 4 pro is now on a work bench at DJI Netherlands. They want £270 for it to be fixed. I feel robbed when it has been there since the beginning.
2018-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules