Remove the distance limit in gesture control.
1714 6 2017-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dirk52
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

The tracking feature in gesture control is since 0500 not be useful anymore.
With the version where my spark came I was able to track my self for long distance. But no recording with no device connected. Now i can record with a gesture but....
Now with the 0500 the spark stops tracking after about 30m. It’s hovering and you have to connect a device to regain control.

So why does the spark now set a HP in gesture control when no device is connected and is limited to about 30m? I understand about the limit when no app is connected or you are not logged in,  but in gesture control? Please remove the HP and limit for this mode.

Dji, we don‘t need a HP or limit when no device is connected. In case of lost subject -> hover. Low battery -> hover. Failsafe= hover.

It would be nice if an admin can say anything about it.
2017-8-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

If you activate gesture control without connecting to DJI GO 4 app first, it means the same as that you have not connected the login info to the drone, then the drone will be limited. In order to help DJI users to receive the latest flight safe guidelines, ensure the proper aftersales policy and fully protect the benefit of DJI users, DJI users need to log in the app first. The requirement of choosing failsafe features had submitted to our R&D department, we hope to optimize the functions of the drone. Thanks for your kindly understanding.
2017-8-6
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-6 03:14
If you activate gesture control without connecting to DJI GO 4 app first, it means the same as that you have not connected the login info to the drone, then the drone will be limited. In order to help DJI users to receive the latest flight safe guidelines, ensure the proper aftersales policy and fully protect the benefit of DJI users, DJI users need to log in the app first. The requirement of choosing failsafe features had submitted to our R&D department, we hope to optimize the functions of the drone. Thanks for your kindly understanding.

I understand the idea about the distance limit. This is okay for me for all modes except the gesture control.

For what do I need a tracking mode when I am limited to 30m?
And what should happen when you remove the limit  for gesture control? You can’t let the drone fly further away when no device is connected. The drone is all the time less then 5m away from yourself?

I don’t understand the intention to limit a tracking mode to 30m?
2017-8-6
Use props
Szwedu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378114 ft
Poland

Gestures are in the "selfie" department ... If you want full track you will need the app ( full.. like 500m)  i am OK with that . i Don't want to go on a bike or something when i don't have the control of it so, it is not limiting i guess .
2017-8-6
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Szwedu Posted at 2017-8-6 13:57
Gestures are in the "selfie" department ... If you want full track you will need the app ( full.. like 500m)  i am OK with that . i Don't want to go on a bike or something when i don't have the control of it so, it is not limiting i guess .

You have to use phone+controller.
With phone only you are also limited to a 100m.
And with 100m you can’t do a lot...

I hope dji will fix this...like with a dynamic HP that refreshes itself every second.
2017-8-6
Use props
Szwedu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378114 ft
United States

Dirk52 Posted at 2017-8-6 21:14
You have to use phone+controller.
With phone only you are also limited to a 100m.
And with 100m you can’t do a lot...

Dynamic HP is a must  
2017-8-6
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Szwedu Posted at 2017-8-6 21:54
Dynamic HP is a must

Yes, I hope they will add this. My old P3A can do it.. In follow me mode i can select the dynamic hp and it is set every 1 or 2 seconds on the devices postion. So in case of failsafe it will come to your device last position and you don't have a distance Limit. For me is the acutual implementation into the spark a step backward. And this although the P3 is 2 years old...

@admin
Is the request for a self refrehsing HP also forwared to the R&D?
2017-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules