Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
For DJI to respond
12Next >
1982 55 2017-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb8b222f3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74213 ft
Sweden

It would be great to get some DJI attention to this forum more often.

Customers need help and information and no one better than you can provide us with help and information.

Its now very rare to get any answers from you which results in lots of speculation and guessing.

Today regular forum members spend time to fill in for your lack of support

I'd Love the product but really feel the support side should be better.

2017-8-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Do you have a problem?
2017-8-5
Use props
Erka56
lvl.2
Netherlands

At the moment I had a real problem Dji gave me very fast en good support ( Through support form and repair service )
A DJi tech answering our questions on the forum and helping finding solutions would be a good addition to the Dji service!
But its a 24/7 job off course, but very challenging job!
2017-8-5
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

While I'm guessing your comment wasn't directed at me or anyone else specifically, I do consider myself a "regular forum member", so I think it's reasonable for me to respond from that perspective. I don't pretend to speak for anyone else, but let me be clear that at least in my case my participation has nothing to do with the level of support provided (or not) by DJI. I do it because I find it satisfying to help people out, and in most cases I'm very sure they'd have gotten as good or better an answer from DJI than what I provided. So unless you've asked other "regulars" and been told that's the case, please don't put words into anyone's mouth by suggesting that we do it because a supposed "lack of support" by DJI: that's not true of me, and I doubt it's true of anyone else.

If you're going to be critical of the level of participation by DJI employees you should be specific about the case(s) where you think they haven't provided adequate support. I can't think of one where someone who needed support wasn't helped fairly quickly, at least during the week. It's different during the weekend because DJI employees apparently get the weekend off, just as most of us -- probably including you -- do. But other than that I think they do a good job of providing support on this forum and I'm certainly not here because I think otherwise.
2017-8-5
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-8-5 14:49

While I'm guessing your comment wasn't directed at me or anyone else specifically, I do consider myself a "regular forum member", so I think it's reasonable for me to respond from that perspective. I don't pretend to speak for anyone else, but let me be clear that at least in my case my participation has nothing to do with the level of support provided (or not) by DJI. I do it because I find it satisfying to help people out, and in most cases I'm very sure they'd have gotten as good or better an answer from DJI than what I provided. So unless you've asked other "regulars" and been told that's the case, please don't put words into anyone's mouth by suggesting that we do it because a supposed "lack of support" by DJI: that's not true of me, and I doubt it's true of anyone else.

Take a coolaid dude! .

He is just asking for a DJI certified tech to mount the forum so he, we, they, the neighbors etc... can have a straight answer

"Straight from the horse's mouth"

I think that is a great suggestion and reasonable request for a company worth over 10 billions dollars.

Instead of try this or that or let me talk to our engineers.. .blah blah blah... DJI should have a section for a REAL TECH, second or third tier helping in this forum.

We can help each other to a certain degree but it has been a few years now and DJI should get their act together.

2017-8-5
Use props
fansb8b222f3
lvl.4
Sweden

It wasnt directed to forum members. You all are amazing and try to give answers. I just expected DJI to be more active.
2017-8-5
Use props
fansb8b222f3
lvl.4
Sweden

And also, its good to have extra support after launching a new product line (Mavic) . Weekend or not its there decision.
2017-8-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I am the E Posted at 2017-8-5 18:08
Take a coolaid dude! .

He is just asking for a DJI certified tech to mount the forum so he, we, they, the neighbors etc... can have a straight answer

I think much of the problem here is , there isn't or hasn't been much technical help here since we lost people like dji Ken , many of the moderators seem to be bound by they same mantra , produce your log our engineer will take a look , followed closely by you need to send aircraft in for further examination.

This maybe because it's more than their jobsworth to take a stab at what might be wrong, and leave themselves open for being liable if something goes wrong, and this would normal for a lot of tech problems here.

There are many guys here who have a great deal of experience using these AC and have been offering really good help others, many who have much better knowledge than some moderators.

But for those who don't fully trust the info they get from guys around here and need the official info and explanation, then they may find themselves having to ship their AC back to dji.
2017-8-6
Use props
fansb8b222f3
lvl.4
Sweden

Personly I lack some transparency on what being adressed that DJI actually pickup and are planning to fix. That our tech department are notified doesn't tell us if they see it as something they can or will doing anything about. Don't get me wrong. Without the great forum people here if wouldn't be the same. Cudos to all of you taking time to answer.  
2017-8-6
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

fansb8b222f3 Posted at 2017-8-6 04:14
Personly I lack some transparency on what being adressed that DJI actually pickup and are planning to fix. That our tech department are notified doesn't tell us if they see it as something they can or will doing anything about. Don't get me wrong. Without the great forum people here if wouldn't be the same. Cudos to all of you taking time to answer.

I have seen DJI engineers weigh in on this forum once or twice, but as best I can recall it wasn't about a specific case but rather about general questions / discussions. If what you're asking for is an in-depth explanation of each problem or crash that's reported or discussed on here I doubt very much that'll happen because it would be expensive for DJI (multiple full-time employees with a high degree of technical expertise) to provide and it's debatable whether it would increase their revenue.

Rightly or wrongly, their approach to crashes seems to be to do a quick (inexpensive) analysis, and if it appears to be a product defect then provide the customer with a free replacement. I'm sure that if there were chronic Karma-style problems that they'd do a more in-depth analysis, but I spend a lot of time reading these threads and I don't see any severe problems that are common to large numbers of Mavics. GIven that, DJI's approach to problem and crash reports -- and their level of participation on this forum -- seems pretty reasonable and cost-effective.
2017-8-6
Use props
jamesw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 169364 ft
United States

Personally, I'd rather have DJI be active in a customer support portal a/ chat and service ticketing system than have them active in the user forum. It's lame that customer service issues are pushed on to the users to figure it out.
2017-8-6
Use props
fansb8b222f3
lvl.4
Sweden

As the topic of this thread , I do hope we could get some answers from DJI. I like how people discuss it from there side and to maximize theire profit. Problem is that's a short term solution. Customers will vanish. Long term goal is always to be efficient and be able to provide solid support to customers, if they are aiming for a healthy company.
2017-8-6
Use props
ephektz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94534 ft
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-8-6 05:25
I have seen DJI engineers weigh in on this forum once or twice, but as best I can recall it wasn't about a specific case but rather about general questions / discussions. If what you're asking for is an in-depth explanation of each problem or crash that's reported or discussed on here I doubt very much that'll happen because it would be expensive for DJI (multiple full-time employees with a high degree of technical expertise) to provide and it's debatable whether it would increase their revenue.

Rightly or wrongly, their approach to crashes seems to be to do a quick (inexpensive) analysis, and if it appears to be a product defect then provide the customer with a free replacement. I'm sure that if there were chronic Karma-style problems that they'd do a more in-depth analysis, but I spend a lot of time reading these threads and I don't see any severe problems that are common to large numbers of Mavics. GIven that, DJI's approach to problem and crash reports -- and their level of participation on this forum -- seems pretty reasonable and cost-effective.

The trend I have noticed is that if it's a hardware issue, crash, or otherwise something actually warranting DJI response, they are in the thread pretty quickly. If it's an issue that is already covered in their documentation or manuals, they leave it to the user to actually read or be told the information in the resources.

It's unfortunate that some are unappreciative of your efforts here. You and the small group of helpful individuals here are excellent. You have far more patience than I could ever muster.
2017-8-6
Use props
fansb8b222f3
lvl.4
Sweden

Ok so to summarize this, everyone's happy with the support?
Nothing that could be improved ?
2017-8-6
Use props
fansb8b222f3
lvl.4
Sweden

I'm actually abit surprised that this topic trigger other forum members to feel offended.
2017-8-6
Use props
fansb8b222f3
lvl.4
Sweden

So if we could list top 3 things that you wanted to be improved , what should that be ?
This way DJI can get a clear view what needed abit  extra care
2017-8-6
Use props
ephektz
lvl.2
United States

fansb8b222f3 Posted at 2017-8-6 09:56
So if we could list top 3 things that you wanted to be improved , what should that be ?
This way DJI can get a clear view what needed abit  extra care

The support is great. The response from DJI is great when it is needed.

There are a couple things that could improve, though:
1. Users reading the manual and documentation provided, for a start.
2. Less entitlement to some sort of "white glove" treatment on what amounts to a consumer grade (and consumer priced) UAV.
3. Fix the forum search and forum software in general.

So really, the last bit could directly be improved by DJI. The other two are probably incurable issues.
2017-8-6
Use props
fansb8b222f3
lvl.4
Sweden

From my point of view:

1 ) It would great if DJI could share some information on all the topics in this forum that they consider a fix for.
2) Have the option to group similar topics into one tread or let moderator file it as duplicates. This way the forum don't get cluttered with same questions ask again and again.
3) An user voting system. If for example you agree to a topic you can give it a rating from low,mid,high priority or if it's blocking you from using there product etc.  
This way DJI can filter out what being seen as important fixes that do affect most people in a positive way if fixed.
2017-8-6
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-6 03:11
I think much of the problem here is , there isn't or hasn't been much technical help here since we lost people like dji Ken , many of the moderators seem to be bound by they same mantra , produce your log our engineer will take a look , followed closely by you need to send aircraft in for further examination.

This maybe because it's more than their jobsworth to take a stab at what might be wrong, and leave themselves open for being liable if something goes wrong, and this would normal for a lot of tech problems here.

That what the OP is talking about, but for a company worth billions of dollars they can afford to have few engineers mount this forum. Enough is enough about oh poor DJI this, poor DJI that... If some people think it is not feasible for DJI to do that or poor DJI they are not making enough money then they should NOT insert themselves as the defendor of DJI because they know diddly about the business world.

DJI trying to cheap stake everyone, they are already making a bundle from all of us, plus their employees cost in China is nothing compare to US or Europe, so the bottom line they should have DOZENS of highly knowledgeable tech people working this forum period.

2017-8-6
Use props
ephektz
lvl.2
United States

I am the E Posted at 2017-8-6 15:16
That what the OP is talking about, but for a company worth billions of dollars they can afford to have few engineers mount this forum. Enough is enough about oh poor DJI this, poor DJI that... If some people think it is not feasible for DJI to do that or poor DJI they are not making enough money then they should NOT insert themselves as the defendor of DJI because they know diddly about the business world.

DJI trying to cheap stake everyone, they are already making a bundle from all of us, plus their employees cost in China is nothing compare to US or Europe, so the bottom line they should have DOZENS of highly knowledgeable tech people working this forum period.

I'm not seeing anyone saying poor DJI. The amount of hand holding that some users in this community expect is astounding, though. DJI provides documentation and all of the information to answer 90 percent of the repeatedly asked questions on this board, and in all of the instances of people blaming them for their crash of mishap, I've seen a total of two where the UAV was at fault. DJI took care of them.

What more do you want? They have employees who are active on the forums.
2017-8-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I am the E Posted at 2017-8-6 15:16

Not to sure if you read my post correctly. But your answer has very little to do with my post. However many of the mods have US avatar don't think these guys come as cheap as the Chinese.

My point was this, when forum started up first mods would continually be progressive with technical information given, that has changed , and in its place seems to be a mantra that asks you to sync logs and then send AC in for repair.

This seems to be a change in policy for whatever reason I'm obviously not privy to and I don't expect I will be. I can surmise why this would be, but I won't , I certainly don't think it has anything to do with cutbacks or saving a few quid.

The fact that the forum is here and members benefit from helping each other is why I'm here, there are plenty around here with exceptional knowledge and very much hands on knowledge and I don't have any problem approaching those guys looking for information.
2017-8-6
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
Latvia

ephektz Posted at 2017-8-6 10:18
The support is great. The response from DJI is great when it is needed.

There are a couple things that could improve, though:

Are you kidding me dude?  
2017-8-6
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
Latvia

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-6 15:38
Not to sure if you read my post correctly. But your answer has very little to do with my post. However many of the mods have US avatar don't think these guys come as cheap as the Chinese.

My point was this, when forum started up first mods would continually be progressive with technical information given, that has changed , and in its place seems to be a mantra that asks you to sync logs and then send AC in for repair.

Am not diminishing any persons efforts but we need to stop ENABLING DJI to keep with these behaviors. People buy new AC and few weeks, OK send it back and they end up with a REFURBISHED one.

How many stories did we hear on this forum, return after return after return. That is what am talking about. I noticed what you are saying too, they had proactive guys/gals and now the only thing they have to say: Sorry, SHIPPED IT BACK!!!

Or in the case of a screwed up FW or hardware... same thing... SHIPPED IT BACK!

2017-8-6
Use props
ephektz
lvl.2
United States

I am the E Posted at 2017-8-6 17:01
Am not diminishing any persons efforts but we need to stop ENABLING DJI to keep with these behaviors. People buy new AC and few weeks, OK send it back and they end up with a REFURBISHED one.

How many stories did we hear on this forum, return after return after return. That is what am talking about. I noticed what you are saying too, they had proactive guys/gals and now the only thing they have to say: Sorry, SHIPPED IT BACK!!!

It's important to make a distinction here that their forum support are not the same people shipping out refurb units. The refurb thing is a load of crock for brand new swaps or repairs, unless they gain consent beforehand.
2017-8-6
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

ephektz Posted at 2017-8-6 17:28
It's important to make a distinction here that their forum support are not the same people shipping out refurb units. The refurb thing is a load of crock for brand new swaps or repairs, unless they gain consent beforehand.

Are you kidding me dude???
2017-8-6
Use props
ephektz
lvl.2
United States

I am the E Posted at 2017-8-6 17:36
Are you kidding me dude???

If you're so disgruntled with them, why do you own so much of their product? Vote with your wallet, "dude."
2017-8-6
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

ephektz Posted at 2017-8-6 17:49
If you're so disgruntled with them, why do you own so much of their product? Vote with your wallet, "dude."

If you ever owned a business you won't kiss ass left and right... Because I spent so MUCH MONEY I want them to get better. If a business wants to succeed and doesn't fall after few years they should lisen to their customers especially the disgruntled one. That is how you get better and you bring your business to the next level.

More and more when you think you are UNTOUCHABLE, no competiors but from no where you will fall down hard like a rock... like so many businesses before them.

We talked about DJI don't have any business collecting our private information, accessing our phone, contact information etc... and now the US Army just realized what they have been doing, next congress will get involved, privacy advocates will get involved etc... and then SAYONARA DJI...

Just built drones, take cares of your customers, listen to your customers and leave our private information private...

2017-8-6
Use props
Oh My
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18694 ft
New Zealand

fansb8b222f3 Posted at 2017-8-6 09:42
I'm actually abit surprised that this topic trigger other forum members to feel offended.

Some people have never experienced any issue with their drone.

They tend to feel offended and defending DJI like their lawyers or company rep once someone make negative comment.
Some of them are so keen to make your comments were wrong.

Better to discuss for the possibilities to improve the support rather than accusing damn customer.
2017-8-6
Use props
ephektz
lvl.2
United States

I am the E Posted at 2017-8-6 18:03
If you ever owned a business you won't kiss ass left and right... Because I spent so MUCH MONEY I want them to get better. If a business wants to succeed and doesn't fall after few years they should lisen to their customers especially the disgruntled one. That is how you get better and you bring your business to the next level.

More and more when you think you are UNTOUCHABLE, no competiors but from no where you will fall down hard like a rock... like so many businesses before them.

I own a decently successful software startup. Keep assuming, though. A+
2017-8-6
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

ephektz Posted at 2017-8-6 18:12
I own a decently successful software startup. Keep assuming, though. A+

Good for you dude...

How many times do you meet with your customers and ask them if they are satisfied with your products???

If your customers have a problem do you tell them read go frikking read the manuals before you call me you dimmwhit???

Or do you send them to a half brain who can't speak their language and give them the run a round???

Be for real dude...

2017-8-6
Use props
ephektz
lvl.2
United States

I am the E Posted at 2017-8-6 18:52
Good for you dude...

How many times do you meet with your customers and ask them if they are satisfied with your products???

There is a justifiably high assumed level of competency among my clients. That being said, if we were to struggle with a similar situation such as this, there would be a mandatory test with simulation time before they ever took to the air.

You cannot distill this level of complexity down to an intuitive level. By making this technology so accessible they've opened the doors for even the most mouth breathing knuckle draggers to take flight. You seem to not grasp that those having issues (their Android issues seemingly notwithstanding) are in the extreme minority. The concentration of complaints on this forum lends to a sort of confirmation bias that everything must be on fire, when it is not.

You seem to be very angry at this. I'm assuming you own a business by your implication that if one does not, they are essentially idiots. From that standpoint, I encourage you to take a step back and look at this from a wider perspective. Perhaps you've had issues in the past with DJI and so it is cathartic to rage at people on the forums? In any case, it is most certainly not productive.
2017-8-6
Use props
fansb8b222f3
lvl.4
Sweden

Can we boil this down to some action point that we do want DJI to improve on ? If you are happy with the support there is no need to put an effort in this thread.
2017-8-7
Use props
fansb8b222f3
lvl.4
Sweden

And I do not understand why people defend DJI. If they feel the need to improve the support, why would you take a stand against it?
If your an expert and happy with  everything, you dont want any improvements on the product ,support and software? I dont see this as a healthy forum attitude. People here spend time writing because they do care about the product they invested and offcourse are hoping to see some improvements in the long run or just general support.
2017-8-7
Use props
fansb8b222f3
lvl.4
Sweden

Lets try abit more of a teamplay and better attitude I would recomend. We are all here for the same reason. Beeing an expert or not.
2017-8-7
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

ephektz Posted at 2017-8-6 22:34
There is a justifiably high assumed level of competency among my clients. That being said, if we were to struggle with a similar situation such as this, there would be a mandatory test with simulation time before they ever took to the air.

You cannot distill this level of complexity down to an intuitive level. By making this technology so accessible they've opened the doors for even the most mouth breathing knuckle draggers to take flight. You seem to not grasp that those having issues (their Android issues seemingly notwithstanding) are in the extreme minority. The concentration of complaints on this forum lends to a sort of confirmation bias that everything must be on fire, when it is not.

Dude, maybe you need to share a Coolaid with your body early in the post.

Strong words dude, chill out and smell the roses ,

ANGER, DISGRUNTLE, MOUTH BREATHING KNUCKLE DRAGGERS, CATHARTIC TO RAGE...  

To answer and quell your imagination, I never had any issueS with my product so far, knock on woods. So all your theory about this and that, you can give give it a rest.

The issue here is when some of the members, like the OP in this instance, is asking for something from DJI to improve on their already messed up, bungled everything, you and people like you jump on them and try to defend DJI and silence the OP.

If you are happy good for you but don't put other members down or try to silence them otherwise you are going to hear from people like me.

They, us paid a HEFTY amount of money for those products and they deserve to say their piece and be heard and NOT silenced. PERIOD!

2017-8-7
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fansb8b222f3 Posted at 2017-8-7 05:23
And I do not understand why people defend DJI. If they feel the need to improve the support, why would you take a stand against it?
If your an expert and happy with  everything, you dont want any improvements on the product ,support and software? I dont see this as a healthy forum attitude. People here spend time writing because they do care about the product they invested and offcourse are hoping to see some improvements in the long run or just general support.

Yup, am with you 1000%.

Don't mind them and say it like it is...
2017-8-7
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Just so you guys know, I'm somewhat on OP's side here. I too think the forum needs more technical knowledge coming straight from the engineers. Unfortunately 100% of the engineer's time and resources are being dedicated to R&D and bug fixing.

I am personally trying my best to get as much help here as possible with regard to getting input from HQ available for all.

But until significant changes are made, this forum will remain what it was designed to be - that being a place for community discussion, tips and tricks sharing, and content sharing.
2017-8-7
Use props
PimpDawg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

I am the E Posted at 2017-8-7 08:54
Dude, maybe you need to share a Coolaid with your body early in the post.

Strong words dude, chill out and smell the roses ,

I agree with you 100%.

To those that complain when someone asks a question that has already been answered somewhere on the forum, the search function on this forum is THE WORST I have ever seen. It is nearly worthless.

To those who are offended that owners come here and ask things that they equate to "holding their hand", what else is this forum for if not to ask questions and get help? Isn't that the point? Just because some forums users claim to know everything doesn't mean everyone else does....  

just my .02 euros
2017-8-7
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-8-7 09:15
Just so you guys know, I'm somewhat on OP's side here. I too think the forum needs more technical knowledge coming straight from the engineers. Unfortunately 100% of the engineer's time and resources are being dedicated to R&D and bug fixing.

I am personally trying my best to get as much help here as possible with regard to getting input from HQ available for all.

We do appreciate your help but again that is NOT a good excuse, "engineers working on R&D".

Again, DJI is NOT a small startup ANYMORE. They are valued at more then 10 billion dollars. I am pretty sure they can spend some money on getting at least a few 3RD TIER tech people on this forum.

IT IS ABOUT TIME!

2017-8-7
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
Luxembourg

PimpDawg Posted at 2017-8-7 09:23
I agree with you 100%.

To those that complain when someone asks a question that has already been answered somewhere on the forum, the search function on this forum is THE WORST I have ever seen. It is nearly worthless.

Thx dude!

We try to help but NO ONE should be silenced, made fun of, or bullied. They, us, we are paying customers and they deserve to say their

.02 sterling...  

2017-8-7
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules