Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Android Go4 App 4.1.5 crashes -> see Playstore ratings!
2307 28 2017-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
maXX1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 79469 ft
Germany

The Android Go4 App 4.1.5 arrived yesterday.
Since that update the app crashes reproducable in that moment when GPS connects and the homepoint is set. It makes no difference if I connect my Spark via remote or connect phone to Spark.

@ DJI Admins: You can read an increasing number of 1-star ratings in the Playstore with yesterday date describing exact the same issue since 4.1.5 update (different phones and tablets):

....and many more.

Do you have this failure on the radar?

DJI_GO_4.1.5_.png
DJI_GO_4.1.5_.gif
2017-8-6
Use props
Kalle2017
lvl.4
Flight distance : 987310 ft
Germany

Try to power of the Sparc and only start the RC. It will start the GO 4 App and after the App is running, you can power on the Sparc
2017-8-6
Use props
fans4a0a4f28
lvl.1

Austria

Could help if you have an RC, but I would like to connect the Spark directly to my mobile (Nexus 6p; latest Version of Android and dji go 4 app).
When I connect the Sparks Wifi and press GoFly the App crashes.
2017-8-6
Use props
maXX1
lvl.3
Germany

The DJI GO4 4.1.5
- crashes with and without remote,
- when first Spark ist connected to the remote or
- when Spark get connected after the connection between Phone and remote ist established.

It crashes on my S8, S5, S5 mini and LG tablet.

With the 4.1.4 version everthing was okay.

Each and every time when the GPS fix is ready and exactly in the moment the lady says "the homepoint has been updated..."
2017-8-6
Use props
maXX1
lvl.3
Germany

...and this bug is also discussed in the MAVIC forum:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-107808-1-1.html
2017-8-6
Use props
maXX1
lvl.3
Germany

Here is a work-around:
I installed the "old" 4.1.4 version of DJI GO4 and tadaaaa everything works fine again. No crash, just smooth flying.
2017-8-6
Use props
maXX1
lvl.3
Germany

If anybody wants to try this way: You can find the old DJI GO4 version here:
http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji ... droid-apk-download/

and I have switched off the automatic updates in the Google Playstore to prevent the automatic re-installation of the buggy 4.1.5 version
2017-8-6
Use props
Matioupi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 922569 ft
France

Same here 4.1.5 is totaly unflyable... I  wouldnot even rate it as  an alpha version. Reverted to 4.1.4
2017-8-6
Use props
Tommy Vu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4564 ft
Vietnam

On this issue, I guess DJI's QC Engineer didn't test this version on Mobile connected with Spark but just checked on RC & Spark.
2017-8-6
Use props
HomePoint
lvl.4
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I flew Android yesterday on my unsupported OnePlus3 (Android 7.1) with my new Spark.  I had deserted Android with my Phantoms, Mavic and Inspire, but I have to say the Spark flew amazing.  Received it Friday, flew Friday, Saturday and today and not one crash of the App.  I tried it as I wanted portability with the Spark rather than use iPad so maybe I am lucky as I app was terrible many months ago when I gave up with it but was great this weekend?
2017-8-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Samsung Galaxy S8, S5 are on the support device list, if it keeps crashing, could you please try to reinstall it again? Or please provide the info below and I'll transfer it to our engineers.
1. Operations before and when the Android device crashes
2. Aircraft model
3. Android version number
4. DJI GO app’s version number (shown under Settings of Me in the app)
5. Crash log, (connect the device to the computer to export it: /sdcard/DJI/dji.go.v4 /LOG/CRASH)
6. Your DJI account
Thank you.
2017-8-7
Use props
Sponk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7815 ft
Germany

Same here (OnePlus 3T): Crashed repeatedly when I hit "Go fly". This is an SQL error and has nothing to do with the device.

=====        Device Info        =====
manufacture:OnePlus
product:OnePlus3
model:ONEPLUS A3003
version:ONEPLUS A3003_28_170610
android version:7.1.1
sdk version:25
=====        App Info        =====
versionCode:1025474
versionName:4.1.5
=====        Crash        =====
net.sqlcipher.database.SQLiteException: no such column: id: , while compiling: SELECT * FROM airmap_geofence_infos ORDER BY id LIMIT 0,2000
        at net.sqlcipher.database.SQLiteCompiledSql.native_compile(Native Method)
        at net.sqlcipher.database.SQLiteCompiledSql.compile(SourceFile:91)
        at net.sqlcipher.database.SQLiteCompiledSql.<init>(SourceFile:64)
        at net.sqlcipher.database.SQLiteProgram.<init>(SourceFile:89)
        at net.sqlcipher.database.SQLiteQuery.<init>(SourceFile:48)
        at net.sqlcipher.database.SQLiteDirectCursorDriver.query(SourceFile:60)
        at net.sqlcipher.database.SQLiteDatabase.rawQueryWithFactory(SourceFile:1867)
        at net.sqlcipher.database.SQLiteDatabase.rawQuery(SourceFile:1785)
        at dji.thirdparty.afinal.b.d(SourceFile:792)
        at dji.thirdparty.afinal.b.a(SourceFile:754)
        at dji.midware.data.forbid.db.FlyfrbBaseDbManager.getDataAroundSlow(SourceFile:420)
        at dji.midware.data.forbid.db.FlyfrbPolygonMainDbManager.getNearFlyforbidArea(SourceFile:214)
        at dji.midware.data.forbid.DJIFlyForbidController.generateCheckList(SourceFile:425)
        at dji.midware.data.forbid.DJIFlyForbidController.checkNearFlyForbidArea(SourceFile:499)
        at dji.midware.data.forbid.DJIFlyForbidController.checkNearFlyfrbAreaOpReloadDb(SourceFile:479)
        at dji.pilot.flyforbid.d.a(SourceFile:268)
        at dji.pilot.flyforbid.d$1.handleMessage(SourceFile:144)
        at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:98)
        at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:154)
        at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:61)
2017-8-7
Use props
Matioupi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 922569 ft
France

Sponk Posted at 2017-8-7 03:55
Same here (OnePlus 3T): Crashed repeatedly when I hit "Go fly". This is an SQL error and has nothing to do with the device.

I hope you'll get reward for debugging the app on behalf of DJI "developpers"...
2017-8-7
Use props
Sponk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7815 ft
Germany

Play Store just found an update (still 4.1.5). The error seems to be gone, but haven't time to fly right now.
2017-8-7
Use props
maXX1
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-7 00:00
Samsung Galaxy S8, S5 are on the support device list, if it keeps crashing, could you please try to reinstall it again? Or please provide the info below and I'll transfer it to our engineers.
1. Operations before and when the Android device crashes
2. Aircraft model

It is a Bug in the App: The Errormessage says: "SQLiteException: no such column"
The app tries to read the column "id" in the database statement:
SELECT * FROM airmap_geofence_infos ORDER BY id LIMIT 0,2000

The answeres to your questions:
1. SPARK powered on, Remote powered on, both connected. DJI GO4 started - klick on GO FLY - then waiting for GPS fix - when GPS turns green and the lady tells "The Homepoint has been updated..." the crash occurs repeatedly at this point.
2. SPARK
3. Android 7.0.1
4. GJI GO4 4.1.5
5. =====        Device Info        =====
manufacture:samsung
product:dreamltexx
model:SM-G950F
version:NRD90M.G950FXXU1AQG5
android version:7.0
sdk version:24
=====        App Info        =====
versionCode:1025474
versionName:4.1.5
=====        Crash        =====
net.sqlcipher.database.SQLiteException: no such column: id: , while compiling: SELECT * FROM airmap_geofence_infos ORDER BY id LIMIT 0,2000
        at net.sqlcipher.database.SQLiteCompiledSql.native_compile(Native Method)
        at net.sqlcipher.database.SQLiteCompiledSql.compile(SourceFile:91)
        at net.sqlcipher.database.SQLiteCompiledSql.<init>(SourceFile:64)
        at net.sqlcipher.database.SQLiteProgram.<init>(SourceFile:89)
        at net.sqlcipher.database.SQLiteQuery.<init>(SourceFile:48)
        at net.sqlcipher.database.SQLiteDirectCursorDriver.query(SourceFile:60)
        at net.sqlcipher.database.SQLiteDatabase.rawQueryWithFactory(SourceFile:1867)
        at net.sqlcipher.database.SQLiteDatabase.rawQuery(SourceFile:1785)
        at dji.thirdparty.afinal.b.d(SourceFile:792)
        at dji.thirdparty.afinal.b.a(SourceFile:754)
        at dji.midware.data.forbid.db.FlyfrbBaseDbManager.getDataAroundSlow(SourceFile:420)
        at dji.midware.data.forbid.db.FlyfrbPolygonMainDbManager.getNearFlyforbidArea(SourceFile:214)
        at dji.midware.data.forbid.DJIFlyForbidController.generateCheckList(SourceFile:425)
        at dji.midware.data.forbid.DJIFlyForbidController.checkNearFlyForbidArea(SourceFile:499)
        at dji.midware.data.forbid.DJIFlyForbidController.checkNearFlyfrbAreaOpReloadDb(SourceFile:479)
        at dji.pilot.flyforbid.d.a(SourceFile:268)
        at dji.pilot.flyforbid.d$1.handleMessage(SourceFile:144)
        at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:98)
        at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:154)
        at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:61)

6. DJI account: maXX1
2017-8-7
Use props
TheCyberKnight
lvl.3
Canada

Wow. Seems DJI has a terrible software QA issue here.

There is no way this problem could not have been reproduced with minimal testing. Someone really screwed this release up.
2017-8-7
Use props
djiuser_HbMjMME
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1568 ft
Netherlands

Same problems here. Oneplus3. Also no WiFi connection to rc. Only otg cable works. Now nothing.
2017-8-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

maXX1 Posted at 2017-8-7 08:11
It is a Bug in the App: The Errormessage says: "SQLiteException: no such column"
The app tries to read the column "id" in the database statement:
SELECT * FROM airmap_geofence_infos ORDER BY id LIMIT 0,2000

Appreciate your feedback, could you please upload the log to Dropbox and paste the link here? Besides, DJI account is an email account, so could you please also provide me with your email account? Thanks in advance.
2017-8-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Sponk Posted at 2017-8-7 03:55

Thank you for your feedback, could you please provide the other info at 11#? I would love to forward it to our engineers. Thank you so much.
2017-8-9
Use props
maXX1
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-9 05:07
Appreciate your feedback, could you please upload the log to Dropbox and paste the link here? Besides, DJI account is an email account, so could you please also provide me with your email account? Thanks in advance.

Hallo DJI Thor,

here is the dropbox link to the crash reports of the DJI GO4 version 4.1.5 from my S8 and S5 mini:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bnb6a ... cPrh3k4t3s3z-a?dl=0

Hope it helps
2017-8-9
Use props
DNA_lor
lvl.1
Flight distance : 86204 ft
United States

Thanks maXX1 for taking the time to upload the SQL code to DJI admin. It's ridiculous how DJI QA department have not identified these issues. Now I'm wondering if they even have a QA/QC department....
2017-8-9
Use props
rickysuperdog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 929429 ft
Hong Kong

415 crash more than 414 a lot !!!

especially after do the Pano stitching, it will crash when return to the flight control page.

Also for the Pano stitching, it usually no result after downloading all the photos. No finished photo created.
2017-8-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

maXX1 Posted at 2017-8-9 07:21
Hallo DJI Thor,

here is the dropbox link to the crash reports of the DJI GO4 version 4.1.5 from my S8 and S5 mini:

Appreciate it, I'd forward it to our engineers. Thank you for the assistance.
2017-8-10
Use props
maXX1
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-10 01:05
Appreciate it, I'd forward it to our engineers. Thank you for the assistance.

Hallo DJI Thor,

do you have any news concerning the DJI GO4 version 4.1.5 crash and crash reports reports from my S8 an S5mini?
2017-8-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

maXX1 Posted at 2017-8-14 01:24
Hallo DJI Thor,

do you have any news concerning the DJI GO4 version 4.1.5 crash and crash reports reports from my S8 an S5mini?

Our engineers are working on it. This problem will be fixed in the coming update for the APP.
2017-8-14
Use props
maXX1
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-14 02:38
Our engineers are working on it. This problem will be fixed in the coming update for the APP.

Thx for your fast reply
2017-8-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

maXX1 Posted at 2017-8-14 02:47
Thx for your fast reply

You are welcome, should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us. We'd glad to help.
2017-8-14
Use props
TS00
New
Canada

I am also having issues with my Spark on Android (OnePlus 3).

With Spark selected as the device, when I tap the Enter Device button, it takes me to the WiFi settings screen. It does this regardless of whether I am connected to the spark or not.

If I select another device (e.g. Mavic), tapping Enter Device takes me to the flight screen (as it should).

The app works fine on my iPhone, but I'd prefer to use my OnePlus.

Any ideas?
2017-8-19
Use props
TMUSVI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 228891 ft
U.S. Virgin Islands

here is what i dont understand, some ppl have problems some dont so i would say its the phones, i have no problems on s5 active and on nexus 7 2013, so is it the software  do not think so or mabey it is only dji knows
2017-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules