IMU Calibration fault code 11
7394 15 2017-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Erka56
lvl.2
Netherlands

Hello,

My P4P told me it needs a IMU calibration, i am familar with the calibration method and the requirements ( level, room temperature, cooldown of drone and battery etc ).
I received fault code 11 ''unsafe temperature'', the calibration does not pass the first calibration step.
After around 5 minutes i get the fault code, i tried to put it in aircondionted room with a setpoint temperature of everything between 20 and 25 degrees.
No succes what so ever, now 3 hours later i am grinding and thinking whats going on here.
Any ideas from my fellow pilots?

Thanks in advice,
Kind regards Erwin

IMG_0001.PNG
2017-8-6
Use props
Erka56
lvl.2
Netherlands

*oops*, seems like I found something.
Appologies, will test again.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-54378-1-1.html
2017-8-6
Use props
Erka56
lvl.2
Netherlands

As expected no succes.
2017-8-6
Use props
Erka56
lvl.2
Netherlands

failure code 1 and 13, this thing is going back tonight , I am done with DJi.
i had great tech service, I am sure they will provide service, but after the Mavic Jello camera issue which was reported by a lot of people the P4P also seems to have issues.My experience with the Mavic should have made me do research on other Dji products first before puchase.
No matter if its firmware related or hardware, this is just.....
another day *
regards, Erwin,
IMG_0010.PNG

2017-8-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

May I know what's the current firmware? I would recommend you to refresh/update the firmware via DJI Assistant 2 successfully and then calibrate IMU in room temperature again.

2017-8-6
Use props
Erka56
lvl.2
Netherlands

Dead Susan,

It’s the latest firmware.
I already refreshed the firmware with assistant 2, I tried to downgrade the firmware without succes.
Seems like IMU calibration is in a loop.
I have been trying imu calibration for 8 hours in every possible temperature from 15 tot 25 degrees without succes.
2017-8-6
Use props
Erka56
lvl.2
Netherlands

Oops, I meant Dear*
2017-8-6
Use props
Erka56
lvl.2
Netherlands

Thanks to a forum member I was able to downgrade the firmware.
IMU calibration still doesn't work, code 11 and 13.
Drone requires IMU calibrations
I start calibration on a perfectly level surface between the required temperatures.
Step one of calibration takes around 5 minutes to get to 5% of calibration, then I get the warning and calibration fails ( off course, because the drone became to hot )
Must have tried anything I could, whats next fridge?
2017-8-7
Use props
Erka56
lvl.2
Netherlands

upgraded firmware to latest again, calibrated everything other then the IMU because IMU calibration is still not possible.
i quit looking for solutions, have send tech support this thread in hope they will look into it.
2017-8-7
Use props
Erka56
lvl.2
Netherlands

Now with an 11 minute during video of nothing  .
Case is with Dji already, hope I get reply soon.
2017-8-8
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Priceless.....
2017-8-8
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Erka56 Posted at 2017-8-8 14:20
Case is with Dji already, hope I get reply soon.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0ApXYcAE7Y

What do you see when you look at the 'Main Controller settings'/'Advanced Settings'/'Sensors' page. What does it show as the status of the Accelerometer & Gyroscopes ?
2017-8-8
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Erka56 Posted at 2017-8-8 14:20
Case is with Dji already, hope I get reply soon.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0ApXYcAE7Y

Have you tried calibration by connecting aircraft directly to computer running Assistant 2 using USB, and running calibration from Assistant 2 ?

2017-8-8
Use props
Erka56
lvl.2
Netherlands

Hahahaha, autocorrect kicked in .
The sensors don’t give any value, it says in use with the text “calibration......... “ can’t see what’s behind calibration.
The dji assistent 2 calibration is for the VPS system, so yes I tried that as well ;).
Thanks for the tip!
2017-8-8
Use props
Erka56
lvl.2
Netherlands

During the conversation with DJI tech we concluded that bringing the drone back to the store for a new one was the fastest option.
Too bad no stock, I am already cured of the Phantom series so badly I think I will go straight to the Inspire 2 series.
Short time on the Phantom board guys, sorry
2017-8-10
Use props
Erka56
lvl.2
Netherlands

FYI, drone was brand new, 15 minute flight time.
Case closed.
2017-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules