Phantom orientation within a mission - how?
4358 12 2014-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tzanampeths
lvl.1

Greece

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out if it is possible to set an orientation within a mission.
Say I choose a circle from the templates, how is it possible to have the phantom facing the center of the circle during the mission?

Tnx in advance
2014-9-17
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

Can't be done even with the full blown ground station.
Many want this POI feature, but it's presently only available as a control feature on the more costly FCs...
2014-9-18
Use props
tzanampeths
lvl.1

Greece

Well an improvement would be to be able to also set the orientation, the same way you're able to set speed and altitude, per WP.
2014-9-18
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2856060 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not related, but kind of. You can achieve this in IOC mode. Set Home Lock or Course Lock and you have control over orientation of the craft as it flies a circular path(home lock and control stick to a side) or in a straight line (course lock and control stick forward or back). It's not waypoint flying, but it is a valid workaround for now.
2014-9-24
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

Thats a great work around. But I want the waypoint system to be able to yaw during flight. That would be awesome. Much more smooth flying for panning shots.  DJI TAKE NOTE
2014-9-25
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2856060 ft
  • >>>
United States

hd_ultra@msn.co Posted at 2014-9-26 10:17
Thats a great work around. But I want the waypoint system to be able to yaw during flight. That woul ...

And the very fact that it can do it in IOC tells me that it is certainly possible to accomplish in Waypoints. Sounds to me like a simple software modification. DJI, we are asking nicely....   
2014-9-27
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

Tony@CVP Posted at 2014-9-27 22:57
And the very fact that it can do it in IOC tells me that it is certainly possible to accomplish in ...

I guess for now all we can do is pause in the middle of the mission if we want to move the yaw.
Yes for sure it would be possible.
2014-9-27
Use props
TSP181
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18258 ft
United States

Hi DJI,

Has any progress been made creating/adding this capability?   Allowing yaw during the mission would be awesome.  I can tilt the camera just fine but my flight pas is weird as all hell just to point at my POI.   It certainly can't smothly circle and film.   
2015-1-5
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

China

TSP181 Posted at 2015-1-6 06:01
Hi DJI,

Has any progress been made creating/adding this capability?   Allowing yaw during the missi ...

Now we do not have this capability added in but it will be considered!
Since so many customers have this request.
2015-1-8
Use props
TSP181
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18258 ft
United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-1-9 14:48
Since so many customers hav ...

Thank you DJI-Autum.  This would improve the capability significantly.
2015-1-9
Use props
uptowndisco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7394987 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Add me for this request as well for the full version of the iPad Groundstation , it is about the only other feature that it really needs. thank you
2015-1-9
Use props
nfpc98.email
New

Portugal

my gimbal does not rotate 360 degrees.
The rotation in the Groundstation was very good.
Anytime.
Will be soon?
2015-1-19
Use props
stevenm
New

United States

Hi Autumn,

Yes, I would love to be able to yaw the quad as it goes on a mission with the groundstation.  Flying FPV, while the quad is moving through the waypoints, I would point the camera by using yaw to pan left and right, and gimbal tilt for up and down.  PLEASE add this capability!  Is there any progress since January?
2015-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules