Flying without control
767 4 2017-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flying in Parad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 180958 ft
New Zealand

Hi all. Flying today close to a bridge, 12 mins into flight the aircraft  at approx 3 mtr alt suddenly dropped altitude to about 1mt and flew by  itself under the bridge and then hovered. Hands off controls.  On the  flight log the satellite strength dropped from 15 to 11.  Could it be  magnetic disturbance from the bridge that had created this  situation.  Any advice as there wasn't a lot of space between metal  bridge and the water. Cheers. Laurence.
2017-8-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

This is a known scenario. When it gets close to the bridge, it loses view of many of the GPS satellites, and automatically switches in manual positioning, or ATTI mode. The simple solution is not to fly under or low down near bridges. You are lucky you did not lose the aircraft.
2017-8-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

We do not suggest to fly under the bridge or anywhere the GPS signal might be hindered due to that the aircraft may enter ATTI mode. The drone could not hover or brake in ATTI, please take care when you fly.
2017-8-6
Use props
Flying in Parad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 180958 ft
New Zealand

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-6 18:28
We do not suggest to fly under the bridge or anywhere the GPS signal might be hindered due to that the aircraft may enter ATTI mode. The drone could not hover or brake in ATTI, please take care when you fly.

Thanks for the replies, it's as I thought.  Problem is we're always looking for that slightly better image and we push the limits.  It's all definitely a big learning curve.  This is what I was filming.  Cheers.
Glenorchy, New Zealand
2017-8-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Flying in Parad Posted at 2017-8-6 18:57
Thanks for the replies, it's as I thought.  Problem is we're always looking for that slightly better image and we push the limits.  It's all definitely a big learning curve.  This is what I was filming.  Cheers.
Glenorchy, New Zealand

Thanks for sharing. The video looks great! Enjoy it.
2017-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules