Gimbal out of control
1649 7 2017-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
T-R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287884 ft
China

Took the second flight with new (trash)firmware. Just was able to get the EXPO down on 2.3.
Still fly aggressive like he'll. Just to fly horizontal ahead I can see the bow engines. Never before.  No wind .
That was an attempt to decide to keep the firmware or roll back. So i wasn't so sure.
But then, in 340m high altitude, the gimbal tilted out. First the cam goes up and right so I could see Nicky the starboard from engine, then it when in "off position" slightly faced down and tilted to the starboard side. Image transmission was still working.but no remotely controle.
Landed save , and after reboot the toy the cam was working again. But on Safty reason I did not start to a third fly.
Well, I feel there is no other way to roll back.   SHAME ON YOU DJI FOR THIS FIRMWARE.
2017-8-6
Use props
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1084961 ft
Spain

I had the same issue several months ago, not related to the new failware. It only happened once, exactly as you describe it.
2017-8-6
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
China

Could you, and if, how, fix it?
2017-8-7
Use props
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1084961 ft
Spain

T-R Posted at 2017-8-7 00:53
Could you, and if, how, fix it?

I landed the drone, restarted it and I've flown since then without this issue.
2017-8-7
Use props
Dav Carps
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34324 ft
Canada

I have been having the same wobbling and jerking and twitching with my P4 when I hover. before the update the P4 was very stable and didn't move at all (almost). I don't know what #DJI has done with this recent update, but they have absolutely messed up my expensive toy! Another apparently known issue is video's captured in 4K 3840x2160 @30fps; the camera gimble jerks and randomly moves about and cancels the video recording...I hope #DJI rolls a new firmware update to resolve these issues!
2017-8-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

As Pareja mentioned, I do not think the issue was caused by firmware update personally. I would recommend you to reset Gain & Expo Tuning first and do IMU and gimbal calibration.
2017-8-7
Use props
Deep^Blue
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1662766 ft
Finland

I have had a problem with gimball failing during a flight, after which only restart helped. Cannot confirm either way, but I only had this problem once, after one year worth of flying and only with this newest firmware. Scared me quite bad.
2017-8-7
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
China

Susan, it's sins update, copy that, and never was before. Don't play that
2017-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules