P3 SE WiFi video transmission quality dependent on video settings?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dazmatic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1634577 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all.

I've just noticed a weird issue with my P3 SE whereby the image quality of the live video transmitted is dependent on video size in video settings?

Since I've had the drone, I've recorded in 4K and haven't noticed it until now but I've just thought that because the live video feed to my tablet is sent over WiFi that the video quality was inevitably that terrible.
When changing the Video recording size settings from 4K to 2.7K or less (as there's no menu for transmission) suddenly the live video feed quality increases considerably, like, a LOT. Ill try getting some screenshots later.

I've got a feeling its down to the video size and ratio/resolution. That the 2.7K picture fits the screen better whereas the 4K don't and the app doesn't scale very well??

Does it on 2 devices as well so I know it's not my tablet.

Any ideas?
2017-8-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Actually, when you record 4K video, the live feed will be 480P; while record videos less than 4K, the live feed will be 720P. No worries.
2017-8-8
Use props
dazmatic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1634577 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-8 00:08
Actually, when you record 4K video, the live feed will be 480P; while record videos less than 4K, the live feed will be 720P. No worries.

Well, thanks for clearing that one up. Any particular reason why that is?

2017-8-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

dazmatic Posted at 2017-8-10 08:52
Well, thanks for clearing that one up. Any particular reason why that is?

It is limited by the aircraft performance.
2017-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules