Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Tracking - a close shave
1092 13 2017-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kenjedfish
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Here is my .  When shooting this I was not far from a tree incident.  I had just set up Active Track in Profile mode and was getting ready to ride when I looked up and the drone was not there! Before we set off a vintage Rolls Royce wedding car had come along the road in the opposite direction and the Mavic had started tracking that!  It stopped just before flying half sideways into a row of trees.  Whether that was because the car went behind the trees so the tracking was lost or the forward sensor had a wide enough field to detect the trees I do not know.  Shame I had not started recording so we could see afterwards what had happened, but the car was a different colour and a different size and a different shape from the sidecar outfit.  I had set up the shot so that there would be no obstacles on our intended route but this very nearly endeed in disaster for the aircraft.  Anyone had a similar expereience?  Anyone out there or from DJI got any suggestions to avoid a repeat?  Thanks.  Ken
2017-8-7
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

LOL man you need to keep an eye on your baby... But funny video and love the scooter! Was the wife flying the drone???

Just make sure the height is high enough to avoid any obstacles. Also always scout your area before flying especially when using different flying modes

2017-8-7
Use props
ars.fabula
lvl.4
Flight distance : 706234 ft
Switzerland

Sweet! That's some piece of history that has many stories to tell. As an off-road motorbike enthusiaste the only recommendation that I can make is that you really need to have someone else pilote your Mavic while you pull your stunt off ;)
2017-8-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I must admit that the video looks great. And the below screenshot might be helpful to understand why it lost track target:
ActiveTrack.png
2017-8-9
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

It lost you due to low contrast with the background.  Everything was dark except your helmet and the road & shadowed vegetation in the background blended too much.
2017-8-9
Use props
eyeloveteeth
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1015397 ft
  • >>>
United States

i mean, how smart is active track supposed to be?

i was active tracking my wife who was wearing some bright nike work out gear, she dipped behind some trees and the mavic mistook one of the trees for her and made a beeline for it - (first crash!) lol
2017-8-9
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

eyeloveteeth Posted at 2017-8-9 06:59
i mean, how smart is active track supposed to be?

It is not designed with obstacles in mind like Intel's Realsense.
2017-8-9
Use props
eyeloveteeth
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1015397 ft
  • >>>
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-8-9 07:03
It is not designed with obstacles in mind like Intel's Realsense.

right - 100%  - therefore it will look for the next closest thing that somewhat matches the original target - whether that's your bicycle or tree in my case or anything else.

i mean either way - need to be fully aware of the drone's position/control.
2017-8-9
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

Yeppurz, I have had this happens a few times, Active Track on, tracking as it should bo doing, but then, somepersonbody, either walking or on a bicycle, will cross in the line of sight,
meaning they went thru the "green box", and wammo! They have become the tracking target. First time I thought it was an anomaly, so I tried it a few times, and it happened every time.
So be careful of "cross-traffic in your field of view folks....
2017-8-9
Use props
kenjedfish
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Flycaster Posted at 2017-8-9 08:14
Yeppurz, I have had this happens a few times, Active Track on, tracking as it should bo doing, but then, somepersonbody, either walking or on a bicycle, will cross in the line of sight,
meaning they went thru the "green box", and wammo! They have become the tracking target. First time I thought it was an anomaly, so I tried it a few times, and it happened every time.
So be careful of "cross-traffic in your field of view folks....

Beware of other moving objects seems to be the point.  Some of the other replies have been both patronising and unhelpful but this hits the nail on the head.  Thanks Flycaster!
2017-8-16
Use props
BumblerBee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

"Shame I had not started recording so we could see afterwards what had happened".
It would have been nice if DJI GO App allowed an "always on" video caching option for the cases like this - a kind of flight recorder.
2017-8-16
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

Just install a screen recorder app on your device, will record everything you see on your device, a  little bit more than what is cached to your device from the AC.
2017-9-27
Use props
Brum Ken
lvl.4
Flight distance : 787877 ft
United Kingdom

Nice bud funny as hell   
2017-9-27
Use props
Alexei Merinov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4796509 ft
Vietnam

Great video! My Respect !!!
I noticed that Mavik lost you on the border of the shadow of the cloud.
May be. this is critical for him.
I tried this mode several times - there were no problems
2017-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules