H3-3D jello and twitching
1639 6 2015-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

I dont get the problems with my H3-3D solved, i tested everything now from every dampener combination, several props, interference board and even some voodoo by starting the Phantom2 pointed to the north. Nothing really helped to solve the jello and twitching problems. When i look at the Phantom 2 hovering the gimbal is vibrating and shaking a bit and the phantom sometimes twitches as well. I also tested several new gain settings. Before i tested different props and decided to use the ones with the least vibrations and jello effect. Maybe i should send the zenmuse Gimbal in for repair but i guess i will get it back unrepaired. Another question would be the IMU calibration, how important is it to calibrate the IMU on a complete 100% even floor, what if the landing gear is not 100% level? I always calibrate my IMU before every flight but its possible that my floor is only 98% level, i dont used a level tool for it. So even when the floor is perfectly level its possible that the Naza Flight controller inside is not or the arms for example. So which part of the Phantom should be level and where to place the level tool?   

2015-3-26
Use props
jmtw000
lvl.3

United States

You don't have to calibrate the IMU before every flight. Having the Phantom level when you do is important though. If it's not it will cause drift when you yaw and depending on which side isn't level, could cause the horizon in your video/pictures to not be level. I don't really have any suggestions for helping with the jello aside from the things you've already tried. The vertical twitching is weird though. My H3-3d used to twitch to the left, but a firmware update on the gimbal fixed that. Are you running the latest firmware on the gimbal?
2015-3-26
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Germany

jmtw000 Posted at 2015-3-27 06:09
You don't have to calibrate the IMU before every flight. Having the Phantom level when you do is imp ...

Well, i always calibrate, even with the phantom1 years ago and it seems to be a good idea because i never had any issues, fly aways or crashes. It is definstely a good idea to do so because you can see how bad the IMU data gets after every flight. Do it at least after every 6 flights as Colin Guin explained in an old video. i know that the phantom has to be level, i was talking about mm in differences, i doubt everybody used a level.

Now i build a totally level plate which is fixed on the ground, i added UV glue to the phantom front legs, the rear ones were maybe 2mm shorter, now all 4 arms are level. i highly doubt that this was the reason for my gimbal vibrations and jello effect but one possibility less in the list.  
2015-3-26
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

Try this.  Try that and then go back and do the RC cals and then the Assist cals.  Then try a flight with cam.  See if that helps.  Pay attention to the X channel.
2015-3-26
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Germany

nrgwise@gmail.c Posted at 2015-3-27 07:52
Try this.  Try that and then go back and do the RC cals and then the Assist cals.  Then try a flight ...

I used to do that with my old phantom1 remote without external USB port but now i use both assistant and RC software to calibrate before every flight. i dont think the X1 chanel is the reason because this happens not always, more like every 3rd flight. I guess the gimbal twitches when the whole phantom starts to twitch, maybe a power thing. Thats why i thought the power filter will help but the low interference board couldnt help here, maybe its faulty. I will calibrate the remote the manual way next time i fly but i doubt this is the reason here
2015-3-26
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

Well it has helped me and many others with the same complaint.  Just trying to help.  We all know what is best for our own bird.
2015-3-26
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Germany

nrgwise@gmail.c Posted at 2015-3-27 08:21
Well it has helped me and many others with the same complaint.  Just trying to help.  We all know wh ...

Thanks, i will try it before i fly but the weather will be bad in the next days.
2015-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules