Crystalsky screen behaves like I'm touching it when I'm not
1399 9 2017-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PimpDawg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

I've had my CS 5.5 for a couple of days now. When I used it right out of the box before updating firmware it would act like I was touching the screen and launch apps on its own when I wasn't touching it. I updated to the latest firmware and it seemed to be ok after that but it has still done this a couple of times, once while I was flying which is NOT good mid-flight because the GO app thought I was pressing all sorts of options.

Anyone else experienced this? I thought perhaps fingerprints on the screen might be the cause but it was clean.
2017-8-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for the experience with our product, please try to reset CrystalSky into factory defaults in Settings---Backup&Reset to see if the problem persists.
2017-8-8
Use props
PimpDawg
Second Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-8 04:25
Sorry for the experience with our product, please try to reset CrystalSky into factory defaults in Settings---Backup&Reset to see if the problem persists.

Thanks. I have done that a couple of times. I'll continue to watch it. I'm not sure if there is a pattern to this but I think the times it has done it the CS was a little bit hot on the left side. Perhaps the heat is interfering with the touchscreen? I'll report back my findings if the issue persists.
2017-8-8
Use props
Samahita
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17041 ft
Sri Lanka

Same prob in this thread:
A: Overheating at top left side. Fan don't seem to turn on.
B: Screen acts as if touched, when untouched...
Could be fan malfunction.
2017-8-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

PimpDawg Posted at 2017-8-8 06:53
Thanks. I have done that a couple of times. I'll continue to watch it. I'm not sure if there is a pattern to this but I think the times it has done it the CS was a little bit hot on the left side. Perhaps the heat is interfering with the touchscreen? I'll report back my findings if the issue persists.

Pimp, is it convenient to take a short video about this issue? If yes, please upload to Dropbox or Google Driver and post the link here.
I will report to our engineers for analysis, thanks.
2017-8-10
Use props
fans6f02d456
lvl.2
Flight distance : 616168 ft
United States

Mine acts as though I have 2 fingers on the screen when only using one. Brand new, acted like it out of the box.
2017-8-10
Use props
PimpDawg
Second Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-10 01:44
Pimp, is it convenient to take a short video about this issue? If yes, please upload to Dropbox or Google Driver and post the link here.
I will report to our engineers for analysis, thanks.

I will do my best to capture it with video if it happens again. But it sounds like mine isn't the only one doing it. Thanks.
2017-8-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

PimpDawg Posted at 2017-8-10 07:05
I will do my best to capture it with video if it happens again. But it sounds like mine isn't the only one doing it. Thanks.

I understand, we need the video to verify and locate the problem, thanks for your feedback and understanding.
2017-8-10
Use props
Mafia16
First Officer
Flight distance : 26490948 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-10 20:22
I understand, we need the video to verify and locate the problem, thanks for your feedback and understanding.

Hi mindy i also have a big bug with my CS if you can pm me to send you the video thanks
2017-8-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mafia16 Posted at 2017-8-18 12:31
Hi mindy i also have a big bug with my CS if you can pm me to send you the video thanks

I have PM you, you can upload the video in Google Driver or Dropbox and then provide the link to me.
2017-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules