Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spot Metering
4193 6 2015-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gennacide
lvl.3
Flight distance : 551056 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can someone please explain what it means when you tap the screen?

Sometimes I get a small yellow square, sometimes it says AE Lock, sometimes its a larger square with a circle in the middle that kind of looks like this:

[  o  ]

Thanks!
2015-3-26
Use props
Luinil
lvl.2

United States

The square allows you to select the point of focus, or at least it seems that way. It works similar to the latest camera phones. The circle allows you to pan the camera gimbl. Keep your finger on the screen and move the circle around. The camera will track along the path.
2015-3-26
Use props
nalhutta
lvl.2
Flight distance : 138156 ft
Canada

Luinil Posted at 2015-3-27 08:12
The square allows you to select the point of focus, or at least it seems that way. It works similar  ...

Unfortunately I can't give absolute answers to gennacides questions however I think you are misinterpreting what they are saying. The camera is fixed focus I believe so tapping does not affect the focus however I believe the first option is for choosing which part of the image to expose for. The second part... [ o ] is not for moving the camera. That option is a blue circle after pressing and holding on the screen. The [ o ] is yellow and I am not sure what its function is though I have seen it sporadically as well.
2015-3-26
Use props
gennacide
lvl.3
Flight distance : 551056 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, I understand how to pan and tilt using the app.

The yellow square I know understand to be spot metering, where it focuses the exposure to that particular selected spot.

But the random yellow [ o ] is still confusing......

I'm glad I'm not the only one nalhutta
2015-3-27
Use props
Luinil
lvl.2

United States

Now that I think about it you are right about the square being the exposure , not focus.
2015-3-27
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

gennacide Posted at 2015-3-28 01:44

The yellow square I know understand to be spo ...

Random ... !?

I would say it's "dead center" ...
2015-3-28
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

gennacide Posted at 2015-3-28 01:44

The yellow square I know understand to be spo ...

Random!?
I would say it's "dead center"!

My issue with it is that ... When tapping the screen for spot metering it only last for a few seconds and then it goes back to the auto evaluation (  [ o ]  )
2015-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules