1827 13 2017-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kamil111444
lvl.3
Flight distance : 167713 ft
Poland

Hello everyone !

I recently bought my first drone DJI Spark Combo version ! I really enjoy flying this aircraft, but I'm struggling with some issues last days.
I would like to ask you if someone had a similiar problem during the flight ?

IMG_3809.PNG

It happened 2 times on the same battery (different days) and on my first battery unit everything works perfectly fine ! I did compass calibration and IMU calibration right now... I always start my flight from the same spot so it's a bit strange that on the 1st battery everything works great but on the 2nd one I have got errors like this and it's not a first time and it seems to happen just on 2nd battery unit ! (not 100% sure about that)

And one more thing... I noticed that during turning on the Spark sometimes I can hear 2 times start up sound and sometimes just one, what's the correct amount of beep's during start up procedure ?

2017-8-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Why would a compass error disable GPS?
Orientation (compass data) and position (GPS data) are different but related.
When the Spark is moving and getting position information from the GPS that tells the Spark that it is travelling in a different direction from what it's getting from compass data, The Sparks programming can't work with the data conflict.
The solution is to drop data from one source and since the Spark can't fly without a compass but can without GPS, it's the GPS data that gets dropped.

You can upload your flight log to link below, just click on link and follow instructions come back and post link.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

There have been some compass problems with Sparks lately or your issue may have been related to something you did.
I'd be curious about when and where you calibrated it and where you launched from as these may be relevant factors.
You can also see the flight data to learn more and perhaps solve the mystery of your incident.
2017-8-7
Use props
kamil111444
lvl.3
Poland

Ok, thank you for your information, here is the log which I found in my phone

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/SEPPO7XBNPJFNWI28M6U/

Could you please tell me how to read it, if I did something wrong or it was the problem with Spark itself ?

2017-8-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

kamil111444 Posted at 2017-8-7 12:25

Your Aircraft picked up strong magnetic interference effecting your compass causing conflict with Imu heading and gps.
Aircraft went into Atti mode , you handled it very well you had plenty of altitude and your Aircraft was in sight
The Speed error is because the spark calculates speed by looking at the distance moved each 1/10th of a second.  It's done it's arithmetic worked out that the speed it's calculated is wrong, probably because the GPS position it's used is incorrect.
Yaw errors are similar.
Because you managed to keep some control of aircraft you eventually regained gps and you were back in control and your spark is fine.

Log doesn't tell how you picked up compass problem , did you take off near concrete with reinforced steel or near metal objects this is the most common place to pick up compass problems, you were flying over some trees when compass went bad so this is unlikely, other cause is bad calibration, did you calibrate and when and where.?
2017-8-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

kamil111444 Posted at 2017-8-7 12:25

Reading the log. Opening page is pretty simple all telemetry and battery and errors. You should download csv file in here you can see in more detail warnings stick movements long and latitude and some more stats. It's just about how much time you spend on log to try to playback your flight and figure out how your flight went and how you piloted the flight, it's not difficult but more time you spend the more you will understand.
2017-8-7
Use props
kamil111444
lvl.3
Poland

I did the calibration last time at the place where I took off. I was flying above some electric lines, but I did it many times in this area without any problems, because I usually try to go high with aircraft to avoid any interference. I will try to follow and understand better logs. Could you just tell me how did you figure out that Spark picked up some strong magnetic interference ? How can I figure it out from the logs and how to avoid this situation in the feature ? Shall I recalibrate my compass at the different location and do IMU calibration at home ?
2017-8-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

kamil111444 Posted at 2017-8-7 13:47
I did the calibration last time at the place where I took off. I was flying above some electric lines, but I did it many times in this area without any problems, because I usually try to go high with aircraft to avoid any interference. I will try to follow and understand better logs. Could you just tell me how did you figure out that Spark picked up some strong magnetic interference ? How can I figure it out from the logs and how to avoid this situation in the feature ? Shall I recalibrate my compass at the different location and do IMU calibration at home ?

You can see in your log when your troubles started you get warning magnetic interference followed by other warnings.
You can check how your compass is before you fly by checking the heading of the small triangle in left bottom corner, if it's heading is on the same heading as your aircraft then you have a good compass, so you can calibrate at another location but you need to make sure that you do it properly. I will leave link below that will help you with pre flight checks.
2017-8-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

kamil111444 Posted at 2017-8-7 13:47

Thttps://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=260008
2017-8-7
Use props
kamil111444
lvl.3
Poland

I didn't know that yaw errors relate to problem with magnetic interference, I was sure it has something in common with gimbal axis
2017-8-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Could you refer the last part of this tutorial video and export the flight controller LOG data? We'd like to check the exact status.
2017-8-8
Use props
Rawsome
Second Officer
Flight distance : 230827 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Isn't odd to pick up a yaw/compass error at 300feet?
One would think it's well out of range of any interference.
There are houses, and wifi's and such but the craft seemed to do fine.
I get these errors in the middle of nowhere with no buildings and man made interference around.
2017-8-8
Use props
kamil111444
lvl.3
Slovakia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-8 18:04
Could you refer the last part of this tutorial video and export the flight controller LOG data? We'd like to check the exact status.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngEHdAlAh9A&feature=youtu.be

Yes sure, but could you tell me where and how should I send data to you ? I have a file on my computer, but I'm not sure if shall I use dropbox or other cloud to upload it
2017-8-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

kamil111444 Posted at 2017-8-10 23:37
Yes sure, but could you tell me where and how should I send data to you ? I have a file on my computer, but I'm not sure if shall I use dropbox or other cloud to upload it

Please upload to Google Drive or Dropbox and send the link to us, thank you in advance.
2017-8-15
Use props
JoeCec
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3491430 ft
  • >>>
United States

2017-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules