6255 51 2017-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MARSAN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-8-9 03:24
I would MUCH rather see my horizontal speed in knots.  Then again I'm a pilot and not a youtuber nor friggin wedding photographer.  Also vertical speed in mph makes no sense at all to me... anything but that.  Feet/minute would be nice.

But there's no need for argue about all this if DJI would have made all this an option.  Why can't we just pick?  Because DJI is lazy, or because DJI's users are mentally unable to cope with so many options.  Judging by some of the crash threads I see here, the latter might in fact be true.

Do you realize that the Mavic is a consumer grade drone and not a professional commercial airliner?
I cannot speak for DJI, so you should contact their support department and ask them politely to give you imperial units in your Mavic software.
2017-8-9
Use props
randy.sauder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

Airloop Posted at 2017-8-8 14:24
I would like to post a news flash. The entire USA uses Fahrenheight. Any new cast any where in the US posts the weather in deg F. I know we are a bunch of Yankees here in the states and all, but we did win WW2 and have the most advanced tech and military in the world. So there's that. I am not sure why every one is attacking the OP on this.

"Fake" newsflash that is.....  Actually the USA DID NOT WIN WW2.  They were however on the winning side.  The USA was a strong contributor to the War being won by the Allies nonetheless, but factually speaking it was Russia at the time that dealt the most significant military blow(s) that crushed Germany by far, more than the USA...
2017-8-9
Use props
randy.sauder
Second Officer
Canada

MARSAN Posted at 2017-8-9 09:06
What is "Fahrenheight"?
A secret Mavic altitude?

LOL, actually the German (Mr. Fahren) who invented the scale was a TALL man so they named it after his height.  
2017-8-9
Use props
randy.sauder
Second Officer
Canada

randy.sauder Posted at 2017-8-9 10:55
"Fake" newsflash that is.....  Actually the USA DID NOT WIN WW2.  They were however on the winning side.  The USA was a strong contributor to the War being won by the Allies nonetheless, but factually speaking it was Russia at the time that dealt the most significant military blow(s) that crushed Germany by far, more than the USA...

...and while we are at it - maybe it is appropriate (since we ARE on DJI's Forum ?) to recognize that CHINA played a vital role on the side of the Allies in WW2; even though today they would not be considered 'friendly' by the USA.  Wouldn't the world be a much better place if USA/China/Russia were 'allied' again?
2017-8-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

It doesn't support the measurement unit changing for temperature. Thank you for the advice, I'll transfer it to the R&D department.
2017-8-9
Use props
calmari
lvl.3
Flight distance : 64944 ft
United Kingdom

Personally I think it would be a much friendlier UI if users could select the units that they are comfortable using. It just seems like common sense to me.
2017-8-10
Use props
fans987d278a
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124180 ft
Canada

MARSAN Posted at 2017-8-9 09:15
Do you realize that the Mavic is a consumer grade drone and not a professional commercial airliner?
I cannot speak for DJI, so you should contact their support department and ask them politely to give you imperial units in your Mavic software.

Canada switched to Celcuis because America was about to switch too, then USA changed their mind!
Switch to metric came in Canada & I'd grown up on standard-  Feet, inches,  MPH!
I still have to do this to figure out temp -
30 degrees Celcuis- um, lets see 30 celcuis doubled is- 30 =60 + 30= 90 degrees Farenheit!!
2017-8-10
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

fans987d278a Posted at 2017-8-10 09:11
Canada switched to Celcuis because America was about to switch too, then USA changed their mind!
Switch to metric came in Canada & I'd grown up on standard-  Feet, inches,  MPH!
I still have to do this to figure out temp -

It would be easier to use some common standard Celsius temperatures to get used to the Celsius scale:
water freezes at 0°C at sea level
water boils at 100°C at sea level
normal human body temperature is 37°C, death at 42°C
a moderate temperature, not cold, not hot is 21°C

From there you can "imagine" the feel of other Celsius temperatures.
2017-8-10
Use props
Disco3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 199875 ft
Canada

randy.sauder Posted at 2017-8-9 11:03
LOL, actually the German (Mr. Fahren) who invented the scale was a TALL man so they named it after his height.

I believe that's the Smoot as a unit of length that you are thinking about...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smoot
2017-8-12
Use props
M K ULTRA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5778337 ft
Canada

calmari Posted at 2017-8-10 02:12
Personally I think it would be a much friendlier UI if users could select the units that they are comfortable using. It just seems like common sense to me.

Agreed.  Otherwise, this whole thread has turned into a discussion that reminds me about whether the cat in the box is "alive or dead" or "both dead AND alive".   
2017-8-12
Use props
justmryan
New

Hong Kong

We will add these features in future releases. Thanks for your feedback.
2017-8-14
Use props
djiuser_yVmrQaJH0tDH
New

United States

I am the E Posted at 2017-8-7 16:51
98% of the world use C. I suggest to get to know it... and NO you can't change it!

YES YOU CAN CHANGE IT!!!!!!!
WTF IS A KILOMETER
'MERICA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psLm_Uwh3oc&ab_channel=STAYUPD8TED

On a serious note
Step by step:
-Settings menu
-then three dots at the bottom
-then units settings
2023-11-9
Use props
Advanced