No camera view, no camera options available with cellular on
2062 8 2017-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sevimli
lvl.2
Turkey

Hello,

I have been experiencing some weird stuff recently. Everything was just fine back in States.

I live in states, but currently travelling europe. Also, I am tmobile user, which provides me free 3g data during my trip. Anyhow, if I use my iphone 7S plus without turning on the airplane mode, I do not get any video feed, or I do not see any options for the camera. Strangely, remote control LCD shows "ready to fly" and it does record video if I use the record button on the RC.

I tried turning on the devices in different sequences ( like 1-RC, 2-Mavic, 3-DJI go etc) and did not make any difference. Only if I activate airplane mode I was able to use my mavic fine.

You may say, just use it in the airplane mode. When I want to update home location to my new location as I usually drive around while flying, I am getting an error stating that it cannot be updated because my phone does not have any location data.

Is there any way to fix this issue? Is it a common problem? Or it is related to my US tmobile line that I am using in europe with roaming?

TIA!

2017-8-8
Use props
djiuser_Avr623L
New
Indonesia

May be you can use the offline map download when you start DJI GO 4 app at the top right of the first menu
2017-8-8
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Land it and then change home point. Anyhow in Europe you need to be in LOS and am pretty sure they won't be happy to find out that you drive and fly your drone at the same time!
2017-8-8
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

That's really weird. Normally I'd recommend refreshing or downgrading/re-upgrading your firmware but you might want to wait until you get home in case things go south and you ruin your vacation flying plans. Can you try it with a different phone, perhaps a friend's?
2017-8-8
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

Might be an issue when your phone is on roaming, as maybe it imposses some sort of weird restrictions on your data plan. If your roaming plan is unlimited, check if there are any restrictions enabled.
2017-8-8
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

I guess a clean install of the app would be safe enough. Make sure you sync all your flights beforehand, though.
2017-8-8
Use props
mmcnel01
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56391 ft
United States

Are you using a cord plugged into the Type A USB port ?

I tried using my iPad Air and unplugged the cord from the micro USB port and used the Type A USB port on the front of the controller and every time I try it I lose the camera feed.

While I can still move the camera and take videos, the screen is blank.
2017-8-8
Use props
Dougb 9
lvl.1
Australia

CuaC Posted at 2017-8-8 11:07
Might be an issue when your phone is on roaming, as maybe it imposses some sort of weird restrictions on your data plan. If your roaming plan is unlimited, check if there are any restrictions enabled.

I have had a Mavic Pro now for 4 weeks and have not recorded one aerial video and have only flown up and down three times for a total flying time of a few minutes. The first AC was returned because the Gimbal controller was faulty - 3 weeks to receive a replacement AC which arrived today 8 Sep 17.  Updated the firmware sucessfully but I now have no video displayed on my iPhone 6 Plus. The camera records video and still shots but they are not visible on the phone during recording. All I have is a black blank screen with the square AF box in the centre of the screen.I cannot access the camera features under General Settings and the 3 little slides under the record button don't work and I unableto access manual camera settings. I'm done - this is such a dissapointing experience and to make matters worse DJI informed my by email that part of their quality control procedure they were flight testing my AC before they returned it.
2017-9-8
Use props
palomino99
New
Mexico

I have the same problem since updated the dji go app on my Samsung galaxy 7, that is wrong to make people buy another tablet
2019-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules