9675 47 2017-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Slic Ric
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4393 ft
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-13 11:23
I understand the concern. The problem is that this could be the tip of the iceberg and there may be more wrong. Just my humble opinion.

Your opinion, I think, is right on. I sent it in for replacement.
2017-9-13
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

Slic Ric Posted at 2017-9-13 11:46
Your opinion, I think, is right on. I sent it in for replacement.

Just went through this thread......you absolutely did the right thing!
That motor was out of position in the picture and as Mark said.....it could be just the start of what is wrong.  When that port side front prop got wrapped in the fronds....no telling what kind of torque that motor and mount was subjected to.
You don't want that thing falling out of the sky at the wrong moment!
Let us know how the new unit works.

Good Luck!!
2017-9-13
Use props
EmilioCid
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7445200 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Before yesterday the same thing happened to me. During the flight the appeared the message twice of motor obstructed twice.   The second time, I decided to go back because the gimbal shaked very hard.

It was flying in a very strong wind, with strong gusts.  It was ascendig and going forward faced to a mountain.   I was in P mode and not full engine.

Checking the drone, I found that the arms and motors are fairly tight, with no slack. I did not find anything wrong that could cause the problem, so I guess it was a very strong gust of wind.

IMG_0987.JPG
IMG_0990.JPG
IMG_0992.JPG
IMG_0999.JPG
IMG_1000.JPG
2018-1-2
Use props
MarFara
New
Flight distance : 37382 ft
Brazil

Good morning, I was with the same problem as you, after much disassembly I realized that the problem was structural, when the mavic is reducing and increasing the motor rotation on the descent the arm enters a resonance and begins to vibrate more and more Hit the prop on the drone's body. I managed to pack it without having to buy a new arm, the lower part of the arm has a part that can be released with a stylus, so expose the wires that go to the motor, led and antenna, after that, I used resin and filled the whole arm with a syringe and replaced the piece that had removed, so returned the firmness of the arm and it did not vibrate anymore. The interesting thing is that only the left arm that has this problem, leading then to distrust that the problem is the design and quality of the material used by dji. If anyone wants more details on how to do, just let me know and I'll be happy to help. Sorry for my english because I'm using the translator. Good week to everyone.
2018-1-25
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7 ft
Canada

MarFara Posted at 2018-1-25 07:27
Good morning, I was with the same problem as you, after much disassembly I realized that the problem was structural, when the mavic is reducing and increasing the motor rotation on the descent the arm enters a resonance and begins to vibrate more and more Hit the prop on the drone's body. I managed to pack it without having to buy a new arm, the lower part of the arm has a part that can be released with a stylus, so expose the wires that go to the motor, led and antenna, after that, I used resin and filled the whole arm with a syringe and replaced the piece that had removed, so returned the firmness of the arm and it did not vibrate anymore. The interesting thing is that only the left arm that has this problem, leading then to distrust that the problem is the design and quality of the material used by dji. If anyone wants more details on how to do, just let me know and I'll be happy to help. Sorry for my english because I'm using the translator. Good week to everyone.

That's not normal. You had a faulty unit or a loose screw somewhere... Anyways congratulations with fixing your problem.
2018-1-25
Use props
DroneDynamics
lvl.1
Flight distance : 59823 ft

Nigeria

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-8 21:35
Could you please provide the details below if it is possible?
1. A short video about this drone when it is taking off;
2. A close-up picture of the motor on this arm;

Had the same problem. Some crazy dude throw a a branch of wood to my drone. It didn't crash but only hit the propeller. Here is the link to the video.

https://youtu.be/-JkK7yGjYNI

Any suggestions on how to get it fix.

I completely change all the propeller to new one
IMG_20200422_155522_7.jpg
IMG_20200422_155503_4.jpg
IMG_20200422_155458_5.jpg
2020-4-22
Use props
DH_Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

I'm afraid that whole arm needs to be changed at least as it's geometry is usually not correct anymore.
2020-4-22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

DroneDynamics Posted at 4-22 06:59
Had the same problem. Some crazy dude throw a a branch of wood to my drone. It didn't crash but only hit the propeller. Here is the link to the video.

https://youtu.be/-JkK7yGjYNI

Hi, DroneDynamics. We're saddened to learn about that incident.  Have you tried changing the set of its propellers and see it makes a difference? If yes and still does not operate to its normal flight, you may contact our Product Support in creating a repair ticket.

Thank you for your patience. Should you have further queries, please do not hesitate to reach us here, or other Social Media platforms. We're here to help. Thank you.
2020-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules