Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal mount replacement
1497 10 2015-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mbeyer27
lvl.2

United States

I did a tutorial on how to replace the gimbal mount and where I got the parts if anyone is interested.

http://youtu.be/Cxy1N7Druhs
2015-3-26
Use props
crossfittb
lvl.3

United States

This video is set private. Can you please change it to public and share with us again.

Thanks!
2015-3-26
Use props
mbeyer27
lvl.2

United States

Oh sorry will do!
2015-3-26
Use props
mbeyer27
lvl.2

United States

Ok should be available now.
2015-3-26
Use props
mbeyer27
lvl.2

United States

http://youtu.be/Cxy1N7Druhs
2015-3-26
Use props
Chris Con
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501175 ft
United States

Great video mbeyer. I did a gimbal mount replacement recently and your video covered everything I also dealt with..  Also purchased through the same e-bay vendor with the same good experience (and fwiw, I also did the temporary super glue repair like you did and it worked fine while waiting for the replacement)  Luckily, I didn't have to replace the cables as it clearly adds a huge amount of time to the process.

I wonder though if there is some trick that someone has for getting the dampeners/stabilizers through the holes in the gimbal mount. I also  found that to be the most annoying process of the whole thing.

Anyone have a trick for that?
2015-3-26
Use props
mbeyer27
lvl.2

United States

Thanks Chris! It was actually my first YouTube video. So what I found with the dampener was its easiest to just take them out and put them in the mount first, it is a lot easier that way for me? To bad I figured that out after the video ha ha. I definitely struggled with them.

Did you have any damage to the camera? The housing on mine chipped a bit but the camera Thankfully works fine!
2015-3-26
Use props
Chris Con
lvl.4
United States

mbeyer27 Posted at 2015-3-27 07:24
Thanks Chris! It was actually my first YouTube video. So what I found with the dampener was its easi ...

No damage to the camera, though my nd filter got a slight chip. I've since purchased a selection of ones with different strengths. Also, my gimbal mounting plate broke in the exact same spot yours did. I guess that's intentional.  Even though the Inspire 1 puts the camera in a much more exposed  place with the legs up compared to a Phantom, it's nice that they break in a way that the average person can repair and the camera doesn't immediately break like on the Phantom.
2015-3-26
Use props
mbeyer27
lvl.2

United States

I agree. Where did you get the other ND Filters? Do the screw on like the factory ones?
2015-3-26
Use props
Chris Con
lvl.4
United States

mbeyer27 Posted at 2015-3-27 07:36
I agree. Where did you get the other ND Filters? Do the screw on like the factory ones?

I purchased the Altura ND filter set (37mm) that has been mentioned here and on rcgroups by a number of pilots. Amazon actually ran out of stock of them now (probably due to Inspire pilots).  The threads are not an exact match (they are reversed actually but you can make it work). Two methods are to just get a little of the end thread or pop the filter out of it's plastic housing and put it behind the clear lens that came with the inspire to hold it in .

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
That's the link, but like I mentioned they aren't showing the 37MM right now.
2015-3-26
Use props
mbeyer27
lvl.2

United States

Thanks! I appreciate it.
2015-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules