o(^-^)o
NE.UK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25371 ft
United Kingdom

Hey Guys

Simple queston

I bought a drone in March, it had a fault

I contacted DJI support who intially said send it in, then asked me to do a firmware updgrade, then said the frimware upgrade has fixed the issue

The fault kept on reocurrring

I told the retailor that the drone was still faulty on 9th June, they collected on the 28th and sent it to DJI

DJI agreed it was a manufacturing issues and replaced the drone without charging me any excess on the 4th Aug

Question:

Is it fair to ask DJI to increase my refresh package for three months as the drone was out of service for three months?

I will do whatever the forums thinks is fair

2017-8-8
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

To me it is fair, but DJI won't do it. This has been asked several times over this forum/other forums. You can try though.
2017-8-8
Use props
NE.UK
lvl.2
United Kingdom

@DJI Mindy

Listen to your customers, if I have said anything above which is untrue then correct me.
2017-8-8
Use props
randy.sauder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

If it were in DJI's possession for 3 months then YES as this would be crazy unreasonable, but if they fixed it within a few weeks from start to end of sending it into them, then NO.
2017-8-8
Use props
Mcflying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

You should definitely ask for some sort of compensation.
2017-8-8
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

Yes they should, To begin with, it was defective, second it took them forever to return it, third customers always right DJI, especially when it is your fault, DJI, fourth is NOT costing DJI any money to increase the duration unless they are afraid the unit is STILL defective.

2017-8-8
Use props
NE.UK
lvl.2
United Kingdom

@DJI_Mindy

Can you please justify your reason for updating the refresh package?

or point out where I have been untruthful in my account of events?
2017-8-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

We've confirmed with related department, we are sorry that the warranty period of DJI Care Refresh cannot be extended. We've checked your case, it was received on 11th, July and shipped out 25th, July, the repair process is normal. We are unable to extend the warranty for you, sorry for the inconvenience. Besides, if the issue was still there after the firmware upgrade, you could contact the support in time, we would tell you how to do next. rERE.png
2017-8-8
Use props
NE.UK
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-8 20:19
We've confirmed with related department, we are sorry that the warranty period of DJI Care Refresh cannot be extended. We've checked your case, it was received on 11th, July and shipped out 25th, July, the repair process is normal. We are unable to extend the warranty for you, sorry for the inconvenience. Besides, if the issue was still there after the firmware upgrade, you could contact the support in time, we would tell you how to do next.[view_image]

Thank you for responding can you please take some time to check support chat records starting from  around May, you will be able corroborate my story.

Also with respect, do you endeavour to comply with uk consumer law and the sales of goods act?

The UK sales of goods act stipulates:

The product must be satisfactory quality
Fit for purpose
As described

The caption provided above does not indemnify you morally or legally

2017-8-8
Use props
Drone-Mike
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Did you get your drone directly through DJI?
2017-8-9
Use props
Harbourside
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

NE.UK Posted at 2017-8-8 23:49
Thank you for responding can you please take some time to check support chat records starting from  around May, you will be able corroborate my story.

Also with respect, do you endeavour to comply with uk consumer law and the sales of goods act?

Just for your information, the Sales of Goods Act (1979) was replaced by the Consumer Rights Act in 2015.

As with the old act, your contract is with the seller (retailer) not with DJI the manufacture.
2017-8-9
Use props
ephektz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94534 ft
United States

What did DJI say after you contacted them telling them the firmware update didn't work? Previous to that, why did they change it from, "send it in" to, "run a firmware update?" Pieces of this story are missing. Also, an entire month seems to be missing from this process in your story. Additionally, it took whoever you bought it from longer to collect and process the return than it did DJI to turn it around.
2017-8-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

NE.UK Posted at 2017-8-8 23:49

Would you please PM me your name, contact number, email address and location? I would escalate your concern to local repair team to follow up and investigate. Thanks.
2017-8-10
Use props
NE.UK
lvl.2
United Kingdom

ephektz Posted at 2017-8-9 05:03
What did DJI say after you contacted them telling them the firmware update didn't work? Previous to that, why did they change it from, "send it in" to, "run a firmware update?" Pieces of this story are missing. Also, an entire month seems to be missing from this process in your story. Additionally, it took whoever you bought it from longer to collect and process the return than it did DJI to turn it around.

I'm a consumer, I didn't buy the drone to have to spend hours in the forum. Even if there's is a month missing or two or three, DJI's investigation concluded they sent me a faulty product that's why they sent be a new one.

The missing months was because I ran into the other firmware upgrade issue when the upgrade was crashing at 73% see my other threads. Also one I finally got the upgrade sorted I had to spend some time testing it to see if the problem persisted or whether it has been resolved.

2017-8-11
Use props
NE.UK
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Harbourside Posted at 2017-8-9 04:09
Just for your information, the Sales of Goods Act (1979) was replaced by the Consumer Rights Act in 2015.

As with the old act, your contract is with the seller (retailer) not with DJI the manufacture.

Thanks for clarification
2017-8-11
Use props
NE.UK
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-10 02:09
Would you please PM me your name, contact number, email address and location? I would escalate your concern to local repair team to follow up and investigate. Thanks.

Ive sent you the requested details?
2017-8-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

NE.UK Posted at 2017-8-13 01:35
Ive sent you the requested details?

Thank you very much, your case has been escalated to designated department to look into, we will have  someone to contact you about the further resolution, thanks for your patience.
2017-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules