Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Potential software bug with elevation.
980 6 2015-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
will.rowland
lvl.1
United States

I've owned a Phatnom 2 for a while, but recently upgraded to an Inspire 1.  

I'm using the latest firmware and noticed an issue/quirk that I'm hoping others can dismiss or verify.  The application displays the crafts height while flying.  I have noticed that when banking from side to side the application seems to think that the craft is rising when it's actually stationary.  Moving side to side for a few seconds I managed to get it from displaying 10ft to 20ft in the air even thought it was still only ten feet up.  It seems to hold on to this erroneous difference when climbing and descending (i.e. once it was off by 10 feet it was off by ten feet until I landed).  

Note: this doesn't seem to impact the drone's ability to sense when it is in landing range as it still raises/lowers it's landing gear where you would expect it to, so I'm not sure how much impact this has, but considering how easy it was to produce and reproduce this shift it makes me nervous about assuming I know where my drone is when flying longer distances.

Has anyone else noticed anything like this?

Thanks in advance.

2015-3-26
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Yep,

I had similar situation.

My Inspire was showing incorrect vertical height and returned to home with the failsafe at incorrect height.  Was set to return at 20m and it couldnt have been more than 10m.  

I would get in touch with DJI as may need to be checked out, could be faulty barometer sensor.
2015-3-26
Use props
Midi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5134951 ft
Germany

Same here. After 12 min drifting around the I1 shows a very wrong height.  I have a pic of the Inspire in 1 m height and it shows 17m height!   

That behavier is very dangerous.

The DJI website needs flash to upload a picture and i dont use flash. :-(
Please change the need for Flash. We have 2015, not 2001 anymore.
2015-3-26
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Midi Posted at 2015-3-27 07:20
Same here. After 12 min drifting around the I1 shows a very wrong height.  I have a pic of the Inspi ...

Midi, you really need to escalate your problem.  I  am waiting for my replacement now.
2015-3-26
Use props
will.rowland
lvl.1
United States

I haven't flown the I1 as much as I'd like to.  It's behaved pretty awesome, but these quirks have me nervous to really put it through its paces.  I've crashed the P2 a few times and that really knocks the wheels out from under you, but that I could at least afford to fix and replace.  The I1 cost as much as my last DSLR, which I don't tend to throw up in the air and hope will come back in one piece...
2015-3-26
Use props
eggbeater
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3502972 ft
  • >>>
United States

I concur.  I was hovering at ten feet altitude by visual observation but instrument altitude said -2.  I fly in mountainous terrain and altitude display did not change as I flew over increasing terrain.  Is the altimeter display from above ground or above HOME?  Does making the aircraft HOME then show the above ground altitude??  Is this an important difference for setting auto return altitude.
2015-4-3
Use props
bornish
lvl.3
Flight distance : 91447 ft
United Arab Emirates

eggbeater Posted at 2015-4-4 08:36
I concur.  I was hovering at ten feet altitude by visual observation but instrument altitude said -2 ...

Am not a DJI engineer, but my conclusion is that all numbers (Distance, Altitude,...) shown in DJI Pilot application are referenced to the HOME location. RTH altitude is also computed based on HOME altitude. Hope DJI can confirm this and remove all doubt we might have.
2015-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules