Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
rolling back dji go app
12Next >
856 47 2017-8-8 12:59:52
quadpilot
Second Officer
United Kingdom

is it possible to go back to the previous version of the DJI go app
i updated to the latest version but i do not like it so wish to go back one step to the previous version
thanks all for any assistance
2017-8-8 12:59:52
Use props
Jeffames226
lvl.3
United States

not without hacking it.   i tried it and could not get it to work
2017-8-8 16:55:08
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 83138
United Kingdom

If you have an iOS device you may have a backup still with previous version that could be restored ?
Or if Android, can you load in the old APK file ?

2017-8-8 17:22:44
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator
China

Generally, the new APP will optimize part of previous functions, I would suggest you to update to the latest version. If you have any questions of the new APP, please contact us anytime.
Also, I'm sorry the latest APP doesn't support to roll back for now.
2017-8-8 18:47:01
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 71678
China

Susan..are u sure I can't delite in android the new app from my system and just install a previous one? Why you think this is not possible?
2017-8-8 18:51:00
Use props
Jeffames226
lvl.3
United States

T-R Posted at 2017-8-8 18:51
Susan..are u sure I can't delite in android the new app from my system and just install a previous one? Why you think this is not possible?

Because they dont WANT you to roll back.  If you did then YOU would have control of when and where you can fly.  DJI wants to have control of WHERE AND WHEN you can fly with YOUR drone that you spent your hard earned money on....simple as that.
2017-8-8 19:35:30
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Jeffames226 Posted at 2017-8-8 19:35
Because they dont WANT you to roll back.  If you did then YOU would have control of when and where you can fly.  DJI wants to have control of WHERE AND WHEN you can fly with YOUR drone that you spent your hard earned money on....simple as that.

You area right!
DJI do not respect, that after buying this over expensive toy, I am the owner. Its belong to me. No more to them. They want touch it..ask me.
It calls "property".
I thing they do not do it because they are a msd/bad company, they do it because someone in the Capital town told them to do to get a licenc to produce in China such thing at all. ( do it, but take care u keep the control)
They are some groups who don't like that all things talk at home, and they have some ideas. Interesting to read.

Back to the topic:  yess-off course, I can deinstall an app on android, clean by hand all files out of the system easy, and install a previous version. I guess even I have several older akp' s stored.
I personal don't need a lot new features.... I need a drone who just fly stabil.  
2017-8-8 20:08:36
Use props
Adepto
lvl.1
Italy

it sounds crazy but you cannot rollback! i am surprised how bad the new firmware on RC/DRONE and APP do not work properly.
i am having a lot of problems with my p3p and cannot solve them, also nobody from dji staff could tell me "it's new firmware problem, we are going to solve it asap", i wish someone told me this honestly because i have an expensive DRONE THAT CAN'T FLY.
2017-8-8 22:16:50
Use props
quadpilot
Second Officer
United Kingdom

the reason i ask is because i am sure i have the last version before the 3.1.13
on itunes apps, must check it out if so i will delete this version and reinstall the last version ..i don't like this latest version
2017-8-9 13:13:19
Use props
RicardoGray
First Officer
Flight distance : 1109086
United States

T-R Posted at 2017-8-8 18:51

You can load any version of the app on your device, if you have the .apk file (android) or have you apple device backed up with I-tunes on your computer. There are some sites that you may still be able to download them from. Or if you made a copy of it. Your device should still have a copy of the older version, but you have to root the device (android) to be able to see in the system folders. Anyway, nothing says it can't be done ,but you won't get an older version from the Google Play store or DJI.
2017-8-9 16:05:29
Use props
Trump
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42457
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-8 18:47
Generally, the new APP will optimize part of previous functions, I would suggest you to update to the latest version. If you have any questions of the new APP, please contact us anytime.

Hi Susan

With all due respect, Why would anyone want to upgrade anything at this point. DJI is out of control and everyone knows it. Every time we upgrade we have nothing but problems, and get the runaround. Please give me one reason we should, I for one never will, and unfortunately as a result, will never replace my quad with another DJI. It is a shame, because DJI was the best there was.
2017-8-9 16:23:57
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
China

i cleaned my android tablet (samsung) by hand after de-install the app. WOW.. 2.4GB of stuff.  thats worse than Facebook.  now the tablet runs again fast!  
anyway: i installed an older AKP and BANG!  it runs easy.  until i reconectet to the internet.  then a black box appeared to tell me i MUST update. not even a question if i want. the whole APP was disabeld.
so i disconnect internet, deinstalled this and used an junger akp. worked agan. so the lesson is, do not use internet (switch of) or login on an older app. then easy to use with RC.   so it is possibel.

But now the question to the smart Mods here:  when i start to fly some years ago, my mobil divice (samsung galaxy s5) was clearly listet. now, no more. i understand the apps are changing. but when i bought that toy all was fine. the APP was listed to my mobildivice and good. now, DJI changed afterwords. so what you lik to do that i can use my stuff as it was when i bought it. becaus.. if the APP will no mor support my mobil divice and i MUST update, what that is?   that is that DJI makes unpossibel to use the toy after short time.  it feels a bit like an act for a lawsuit.
2017-8-10 02:28:41
Use props
djordan2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10399
United States

I posted two messages about how to do the roll back.  But I think both have been deleted.  Can't figure out what happened.  Maybe I shouldn't have said anything!
2017-8-10 05:58:54
Use props
quadpilot
Second Officer
United Kingdom

can you post it again?? or pm me i use apple ios
2017-8-10 13:52:28
Use props
djordan2
Second Officer
United States

I use Android.  All I did was delete version 3.1.8 from my device, and then reloaded version 3.1.3.   I found the old Android version, but not the Apple version.  I'm sure it's out there on the web somewhere.  I also took the P3S back to 1.5.70+.
2017-8-10 21:03:16
Use props
fans89ed5e91
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10975
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-8 18:47

Susan,

I have a DJI Phantom 3 Professional and yesterday I updated the DJI GO App because there was an update.  After flying my drone yesterday and draining the battery I landed the aircraft and changed the battery.  When I took off again I could only go 100 ft. High and 100 ft. Away and the Beginner Mode was off as it was when I started.  I have a spare Pro also and tried it and got the same issue.  This is why I am interested in going back to the version I had before yesterdays update, any help would be appreciated.  Thank You!
2017-8-11 08:59:39
Use props
Neon Euc
Banned
Flight distance : 310320
United Kingdom

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-8-12 02:01:24
Use props
quadpilot
Second Officer
United Kingdom

can you pm me please
2017-8-12 11:30:52
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 50323
Canada

T-R Posted at 2017-8-8 20:08
You area right!
DJI do not respect, that after buying this over expensive toy, I am the owner. Its belong to me. No more to them. They want touch it..ask me.
It calls "property".

There's more tech built into these drones than most "toys" could ever wish for. Haha

But if you aren't happy, there are many toys on the market, for much cheaper...
You make me laugh bro. You bought a very high end hobby grade drone, and complaining? ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-8-12 12:55:05
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator
China

fans89ed5e91 Posted at 2017-8-11 08:59
Susan,

I have a DJI Phantom 3 Professional and yesterday I updated the DJI GO App because there was an update.  After flying my drone yesterday and draining the battery I landed the aircraft and changed the battery.  When I took off again I could only go 100 ft. High and 100 ft. Away and the Beginner Mode was off as it was when I started.  I have a spare Pro also and tried it and got the same issue.  This is why I am interested in going back to the version I had before yesterdays update, any help would be appreciated.  Thank You!

The new app requires to login your DJI account. I would recommend you to un-install the APP and re-install it again to check whether it works.
2017-8-13 20:34:09
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
China

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-8-12 12:55
There's more tech built into these drones than most "toys" could ever wish for. Haha

Yeah  BUDDY,  at least you understand what means " I bought" ,  so it is my. Not yours and not the gear of DJI.  So I can- and will decide what I like to do with. And this " high-end-gear"  is a peace of crap after the last updates.  So what u are talking? I f we downgrade, at least it will fly save again. Who needs updates to make that toy dangerous ?

I rolled back the app easily be deinstall trough android, and cleaning old files after. Then u install gust an amp of a previous app. Done. With a firewall like droidwall the amp is no more chatting at home.
Will do the same with the bird. Worse case would n to buy a fabric-new flight control pcb  in Tàobao with no firmware and get a pre version in too.
2017-8-13 23:45:27
Use props
fans18769b18
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-13 20:34
The new app requires to login your DJI account. I would recommend you to un-install the APP and re-install it again to check whether it works.

i had the same problem max distance 30mts.
Have reinstalled app but not change.
What next!!
2017-8-14 03:34:25
Use props
quadpilot
Second Officer
United Kingdom

opps!!! seems like i have opened up a can of worms here
2017-8-14 16:04:31
Use props
djordan2
Second Officer
United States

quadpilot Posted at 2017-8-14 16:04
opps!!! seems like i have opened up a can of worms here

Can of worms???  Great...let's go fishing!
2017-8-14 16:17:51
Use props
quadpilot
Second Officer
United Kingdom

be less stressful i bet
2017-8-14 16:21:25
Use props
FishinTexas2015
lvl.2
United States

djordan2 Posted at 2017-8-10 05:58
I posted two messages about how to do the roll back.  But I think both have been deleted.  Can't figure out what happened.  Maybe I shouldn't have said anything!

I have an iPad and have no idea how to load the old version of the DJI Go app 3.1.3
I plugged the iPad to my main computer and I clicked and dragged the older version to the iPad and it may have been saved to the Root Drive... I have no idea how to access that.
I also tried to load the old version to my iTunes account and I kept getting a notice saying my computer was not authorized to do that transaction so I went to my Account> went to Account Authorizations> I selected Allow changes from this computer... still did not work.
Nothing seems to be easy with DJI and unfortunately I am not a computer wiz so I am stuck in limbo for now.
I a;ready have the latest software/firmware on controller and drone, I have updated the DJI Go app for my P3A drone and I have logged off and back on...in addition to making sure my settings were adjusted correctly (Max Altitude: Set at 120m; max distance: set at 500m; Beginner Mode: off).
I am still unable to fly higher than 30m or no further than 30m
All started when I updated the DJI GO app
2017-8-14 18:37:37
Use props
FishinTexas2015
lvl.2
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-8-14 08:52
Sounds like you already have all the correct answers and know it all.
So why are you on the forum? ;-)

We are all looking for real help here........ many of us are very frustrated with this new DJI GO app update which seems to be when all of our problems started so give others a break and maybe not be critical of what we have purchased and of us voicing our frustrations while trying to find solutions.
If you can offer help then we greatly appreciate it but if not then please understand our situation.
The world has way too many jerks... we should all try to be a little kinder
2017-8-14 18:43:49
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Love fresh trout pan fried in unsalted butter stream side.
Sorry you are not able to bring back your older version.

I know it can be done, and hopefully someone will read this and post some instructions.

RedHotPoker
2017-8-14 19:47:01
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 467422
Germany

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-8-12 12:55

You bought a very high end hobby grade drone, and complaining? ;-)

He has every right and reason to complain.  Esp. since the drone is marketed as high end we can expect that the software which runs it is stable and flawless. On an item that sells for $1500 I expect that.

If software updates are implemented those need to be tested thoroughly by DJI before they roll them out. Apparently they don't do this properly. Instead they use us as testers. If enough complaints are gathered they throw out an update two months later. That one will have new issues.

It's a non-ending nightmare with DJI updates. You hope so much problem A gets resolved and once that is taken care of you have a problem B.
2017-8-14 23:39:49
Use props
quadpilot
Second Officer
United Kingdom

i only want my map back again on the app no much to ask for
i have not updated the drone or the remote controller and I don't intend too at the moment
is it the dji go app that is restricting the height and distance issues or is it the firmware updates?

2017-8-15 03:30:08
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Eric13 Posted at 2017-8-14 23:39
You bought a very high end hobby grade drone, and complaining? ;-)

He has every right and reason to complain.  Esp. since the drone is marketed as high end we can expect that the software which runs it is stable and flawless. On an item that sells for $1500 I expect that.

Perhaps for some but not all. Likely a small percent, compared to the near millions already sold.

Sorry you feel slighted, my Phantom 3 Pro has been excemplary, completely trouble free, so I have nothing to compare it to. You have my apology, yes, you're right, I take your problematic drones too lightly.. If I was in your position, experiencing this frustration, I would likely be more upset than you are.

Hopefully a fix is in the works, and you too will be satisfied with your expensive drone...

Now just Imagine if you had a $60,0000 camera hanging under that drone.

RedHotPoker
2017-8-15 04:38:21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator
China

fans18769b18 Posted at 2017-8-14 03:34
i had the same problem max distance 30mts.
Have reinstalled app but not change.
What next!!

May I know which type of your mobile? How about switching to another recommended Android mobile? Please try to restart the aircraft and app for several times to check.
2017-8-16 02:58:59
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator
Japan

FishinTexas2015 Posted at 2017-8-14 18:37
I have an iPad and have no idea how to load the old version of the DJI Go app 3.1.3
I plugged the iPad to my main computer and I clicked and dragged the older version to the iPad and it may have been saved to the Root Drive... I have no idea how to access that.
I also tried to load the old version to my iTunes account and I kept getting a notice saying my computer was not authorized to do that transaction so I went to my Account> went to Account Authorizations> I selected Allow changes from this computer... still did not work.

I have replied in another post: https://forum.dji.com/thread-108739-1-1.html, please confirm.
2017-8-16 03:00:06
Use props
Ribfeast
lvl.4
Australia

Depends how often you plug your phone into your PC or mac.  If it is infrequent, then you are in luck as the older version of the app should be sitting on your local hard drive.
Steps:
Delete the app from the phone
Plug phone into PC
Then go to iTunes and drag the (older) app back across
Then do a sync.
Old version will be copied to phone.

I haven't updated since app versions 3.1.10, and my drone firmware is a bit older too (can't remember version).  No sign-in crap to deal with.  

I recommend turning off auto updates in your phone too, and manually updating other apps as required.
2017-8-16 15:43:18
Use props
quadpilot
Second Officer
United Kingdom

thanks
is it possible you could let me have a copy of the version 3.1.10 please
i also have older versions of the firmware on the controller and the drome

thanks
2017-8-16 15:52:11
Use props
quadpilot
Second Officer
United Kingdom

i need the one for the dji 3 go app
2017-8-16 16:08:38
Use props
Jeffames226
lvl.3
United States

quadpilot Posted at 2017-8-16 15:52
thanks
is it possible you could let me have a copy of the version 3.1.10 please
i also have older versions of the firmware on the controller and the drome

Go to youtube and do a search on "rolling back DJI Go 4".   It can be a pretty complicated task but is probably your only hope of rolling back.  Sad that DJI loyal customers have had to resort to hacking our drones to get them to work correctly!
2017-8-16 16:10:04
Use props
quadpilot
Second Officer
United Kingdom

that one you mention is for the phantom 4  not the phantom 3 advanced
2017-8-16 16:39:16
Use props
Jeffames226
lvl.3
United States

quadpilot Posted at 2017-8-16 16:39