What's going on with DJI GO4
947 4 2017-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EastyT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 970374 ft
United States

Well, this has been about the 4th new version  of GO4 on Google Play in the last 2 weeks.  While the app certainly needs revision, what the heck is going on.  The DJI engineers may need to stick to driving trains...  I should clarify, the Software Engineers...
2017-8-8
Use props
Kenneth R.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 201850 ft
Bulgaria

Yeah, the same version number, 4 times till now since version 4.1.5
2017-8-9
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

The first 4.1.4 was broken, it was pulled back and re-released (broken again), then pulled back and re-released (stable, at least I was able to fly with it) Now I can see a 4.15, filesize for the update is really small, I guess they're fixing some bugs on a hot fix (I guess something important) Haven't tried to fly with it yet.
2017-8-9
Use props
fans987d278a
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124180 ft
Canada

CuaC Posted at 2017-8-9 03:43
The first 4.1.4 was broken, it was pulled back and re-released (broken again), then pulled back and re-released (stable, at least I was able to fly with it) Now I can see a 4.15, filesize for the update is really small, I guess they're fixing some bugs on a hot fix (I guess something important) Haven't tried to fly with it yet.

4.1.4 the last version, seems to work fine on android, I;m sticking with this one, at least until I hear/read that 4.1.5 works as well.
2017-8-9
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

The app hasn't been fully re-written for Android 7.  It was originally made for ART using Android 5, but still wasn't as robust as it should be.  Now the app is just a crap-shoot if it works properly AND for how long.  DJI GO 4 is VERY resource intensive, so your phone/device gets warm.  You've also got the brightness all the way up since you're outside.  Combine the heat (of the phone - makes it slow down) with the subpar-written app & you've got issues at some point in a 20 minute flight.  
2017-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules