Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 1: Ultrasonic System Error. Land as soon as possible.
4784 8 2017-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansbf647da2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 156401 ft
United States

IMG_2334.jpg

Just started getting this error today.

I have the Inspire 1 with the X3 camera.  I'm using the latest firmware / app as of today (Aug 8th, 2017):
* Aircraft: 1.11.01.50
* Camera: 1.10.01.40
* Remote Controller: 1.7.80
* GO App (iOS): 3.1.13

Note that I flew this setup a week ago for several hours and never received this error.

I found 2 ways to prevent this error from happening:

1) Turn off 'Enable Vision Positioning'

IMG_2335.jpg

After turning this off, then rebooting everything, the error does not come back.
Note: found several other people having this problem with their Phantoms: http://forum.dji.com/thread-58512-1-1.html

2) Make sure the GO app is running before you turn on the controller and aircraft.  For example, turn everything on and get the error.  Then, turn off the aircraft and controller but leaving the app running on your phone.  Now turn on the controller and the aircraft and this time after everthing starts up I don't get the error.

Note: I haven't flown after receiving this error so not sure if it will have an impact on the performance of the Inspire.

Update: August 20, 2017

The next time I tried to fly I wasn't able to take off.  There was an error displayed by the iOS app saying "IMU needs to be recalibrated".  After I recalibrated the IMU I was able to take off, and, the Ultrasonic System Error went away.

2017-8-8
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Have you checked the sensors underneath for dirt/debris?
2017-8-8
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Have you checked the sensors underneath for dirt/debris?
2017-8-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Like Mark mentioned, please check if there is any dirt or obstacle underneath the sensor, or you can try to update the firmware with X3 again.
2017-8-10
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Check the VPS sensor underneath the Aircraft, it will have two mesh covered  sensors and one lens, Like Mark said, Make sure clean and also look at the wiring, make sure not crimped  or damaged .

donnie
2017-8-10
Use props
timonroe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 156401 ft
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-8-10 04:22
Check the VPS sensor underneath the Aircraft, it will have two mesh covered  sensors and one lens, Like Mark said, Make sure clean and also look at the wiring, make sure not crimped  or damaged .

donnie

Thanks for the replies...  I updated my original post with the fix.
2017-8-20
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

timonroe Posted at 2017-8-20 14:53
Thanks for the replies...  I updated my original post with the fix.

Great , glad you have it sorted .

donnie
2017-8-21
Use props
Marti1988
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2004367 ft
United Kingdom

what so the only fix is turning it off that's helpful in the long run does this mean it's a firmware bug or hardware....i got this message yesterday on my inspire  first time i've ever seen it
2017-9-4
Use props
Philghost
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13 ft
United Kingdom

This advice was great and sorted my problem out with the sensor.  I cleaned the sensors on the outside, but it came back and then did what you said and have had great flying since.  Thanks.
2018-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules