iPad lost RC signal, drone disconnects
1288 4 2017-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1bc81f59
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19488 ft
United States

On my 6th flight after climbing straight up to about 60 feet my iPad lost the RC wifi signal. Interesting the only control that worked in the remote was the downward control.  I was right under the drone so as it came down, I was able to grab it and flip it upside down.  I reconnected the iPad to the RC restarted the drone and flew a few more minutes without any issues. I was flying in Tripod mode. Anyone has had a similar experience?  After this, I'm getting an OTG adapter.
2017-8-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

If you had lost the RC WiFi signal, please try to reconnect the WiFi. But it might not suppose to that you can just control the downward of the drone if the drone and RC's connection is alright. Could you please sync your flight records and provide your account with us? We would like to check. Thanks.
2017-8-8
Use props
fans1bc81f59
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19488 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-8 20:36
If you had lost the RC WiFi signal, please try to reconnect the WiFi. But it might not suppose to that you can just control the downward of the drone if the drone and RC's connection is alright. Could you please sync your flight records and provide your account with us? We would like to check. Thanks.

As a newbie, could you tell me how to share the information you're asking for? I was able to copy logs to my local drive on my PC.
2017-8-9
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans1bc81f59 Posted at 2017-8-9 14:22
As a newbie, could you tell me how to share the information you're asking for? I was able to copy logs to my local drive on my PC.

dji staff ask for logs for everything.. im half surprised they didnt ask for logs for the guy that has plastic led cover fall off..

as for that short range, that's weird, i flown my straight up above me 400+ feet up in the air straight up perfect signal... i do exclusively use OTG myself.. make sure iPad's wifi and bluetooth is off when using OTG..and OTG can take 30 seconds to connect, so i recommend not plugging it in until after everything is synced up and red then plugging in ipad to controller..

every time you got to a new area, i recommend relinking the RC to spark that way the spark and RC can scan all connections maybe floating around and pick best starting point..    press and hold the button on spark (battery) till it beeps once, let go.. then on controller press pause + FN + C1 (unlabeled shoulder button) keep holding it, it will beep at you rapidly keep holding for about 2 seconds into rapid beeping rapid...  it may take up to a minute depending how congested the wifi is in in the area for the spark and RC to relink completely and stop beeping at you. do this with OTG, the app will disconnect from spark but not the RC once relinked instantly get a clear picture and should be relatively lag  free.  if however it isn't clear and its fuzzy or blocky or has half second of lag, redo the relinking again, and hold the spark up higher(to catch more stray signals) until it completes again..

2017-8-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fans1bc81f59 Posted at 2017-8-9 14:22

Please export the data from the drone and the Black Box. We got a tutorial for your reference:
Also, please sync the record by this route: launch DJI GO app----upper right icon for DJI GO 4 / upper left icon for DJI GO ---- flight record----upper right cloud icon---- select all and start synchronization. Besides, we would like to collect the firmware of your drone, please check by this way: power on the drone, RC, app and enter device---upper right icon---general----about.
Thank you for your assistance.

2017-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules