Availability of gimbal circuit board
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Whatarat
lvl.1
Thailand

I am in need of a gimbal circuit board for my P3P (early model) and I have tried almost all avenues to source one including all the usual websites, forums and contacting dji support. They told me this is not a component they sell but can replace using their staff to do the repair. Well as I see it all the other components of this drone are available, my question is why are they holding a tight control over this one part? I have my drone in pieces, I have disassembled the gimbal many times and I do not want to send the drone in for repair when I know I can do the repair myself. I am also worried they will just send me back a used P3P in its place where mine has less than 1hr flight time. Its new old stock and I understand I must have overheated the circuit board when doing all the firmware updates. my bad. Now its just a brick on the desk and I want to get back into flying but I dont want to buy the whole gimbal/camera set-up because my gear is all new.
My final idea will be just to sell the drone with all the extras and buy a P4 unless somebody can point me in the right direction to find this part.

Any help will be much appreciated.

thanks Rob

2017-8-8
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287884 ft
France

This one?
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm ... ;abbucket=18#detail

Or this

https://m.intl.taobao.com/detail ... ;abbucket=18#detail
2017-8-8
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
France

Use googel translator
2017-8-8
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

"I understand I must have overheated the circuit board when doing all the firmware updates."

Whoa, what exactly do you mean by that?  The mere act of applying firmware updates without even flying the thing can cook your gimbal?  Is that what you are saying?
2017-8-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-8-8 21:13
"I understand I must have overheated the circuit board when doing all the firmware updates."

Whoa, what exactly do you mean by that?  The mere act of applying firmware updates without even flying the thing can cook your gimbal?  Is that what you are saying?

He is referring to the fact that the camera gets hot when it is not in the airc and being cooled by the slipstream, but I can almost guarantee you the gimbal board will not be cooked by doing this.
2017-8-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

T-R Posted at 2017-8-8 21:01
This one?
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.7.ebb2eb2MkEhjw&id=544782637430&ns=1&abbucket=18#detail

Neither of those is the board he is asking about.
2017-8-8
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-8-8 22:15
He is referring to the fact that the camera gets hot when it is not in the airc and being cooled by the slipstream, but I can almost guarantee you the gimbal board will not be cooked by doing this.

If it's as simple as that explanation, then when you left your P3 on to use the silly simulator for a couple hours you'd also be doing the same thing to it.  Yeah I think something else happened here.
2017-8-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-8-8 22:24
If it's as simple as that explanation, then when you left your P3 on to use the silly simulator for a couple hours you'd also be doing the same thing to it.  Yeah I think something else happened here.

Exactly. Although the camera gets hot, it is not enough to do damage.
2017-8-8
Use props
Sky Tiger
lvl.1
United States

If you're talking about the board on the back side of the camera itself, it's called a Camera Sensor Board. And yes it is impossible to find. If you locate one, let me know as I need one too.
2017-8-9
Use props
Whatarat
lvl.1
Thailand

T-R Posted at 2017-8-8 21:01
This one?
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.7.ebb2eb2MkEhjw&id=544782637430&ns=1&abbucket=18#detail

Sorry neither of those. I am chasing the board that the SD card for the camera goes into.
2017-8-9
Use props
Whatarat
lvl.1
Thailand

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-8-8 21:13

When I bought this drone secondhand it had been in storage for approx 2yrs in a pelican waterproof case and the guy needed money fast. As I had previously owner a P3P I knew a little about them to do the pre-purchase inspection but the seller did tell me that it will need a few firmware updates. When i bought it and got it home I immediately charged up everything to full charge and then commenced firmware updates and I think I had to do 4 or 5 in a row with the first update being from the SD card reader then following updates while logged on with wifi connection. I noted the underside of the drone being very hot when I would pick it up to move it around on the table during updates. That is what lead me to all my research re the cooked circuit board. It is a common fault if the owner is not aware of it. Most owners only need to do single firmware updates at any given time and not multiple like I had to do.
2017-8-9
Use props
Whatarat
lvl.1
Thailand

I thank you for your feedback but many other sources (phantom pilot forum)  indicate this is the true problem. I wish it was something else because it would have been fixed by now and I would be a happy drone pilot again.
2017-8-9
Use props
Whatarat
lvl.1
Thailand

Neither of those is the board he is asking about.

Sorry not this one. Its the circuit board the camera SD card slots into that sits inside the mounting plate box under the drone belly.
2017-8-9
Use props
Whatarat
lvl.1
Thailand

quadpilot Posted at 2017-8-9 13:22
if using the sim thing can a fan blowing air onto the phantom not help in cooling problem
i notice the gimbol gets very hot

Yes a fan blowing onto the drone is recommended by DJi when doing firmware updates. I read that on another forum after the issue was discovered. I was doing firmware updates over a few hours and not just 20-30mins like most other updates require
2017-8-9
Use props
Whatarat
lvl.1
Thailand

Sky Tiger Posted at 2017-8-9 10:55
If you're talking about the board on the back side of the camera itself, it's called a Camera Sensor Board. And yes it is impossible to find. If you locate one, let me know as I need one too.

sorry not that board. Its the one the SD card slots into.
2017-8-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I‘m sorry the part you referred is not available for sale now and return for repair might be a better way. Our colleagues will check and test the performance before shipping the unit back. Alternatively, please check whether the local agents can help you.
2017-8-10
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
China

this maybe

board 450.- RMB

board 450.- RMB
2017-8-11
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
China

all u need

19620826357025413.jpg
2017-8-11
Use props
info862
lvl.1
Flight distance : 183560 ft
Italy

Hi i need the 4k video board for phantom 3 professional
2018-4-11
Use props
Saif Ul Amin
lvl.1

Pakistan

My Gimble Circut have a problem  how to clainm
2018-6-21
Use props
Garrett Grosch
New

United States

I recently lost camera feed after firmware update...  Bird and Gimbal still operating as normal, just no image.  So that led me to the replacement of the Gimbal main board. And TaDaaaa!  I have video feed again, great right?  Nope, now the Gimbal isn’t functioning correctly, in fact when I pick up the bird and move it around the gimbal almost does exactly opposite of what it is supposed to....   did I get a bad board? Is the a manual reset or calibration?  The auto calibration is no help......   any suggestions?
2019-10-19
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

Garrett Grosch Posted at 10-19 16:22
I recently lost camera feed after firmware update...  Bird and Gimbal still operating as normal, just no image.  So that led me to the replacement of the Gimbal main board. And TaDaaaa!  I have video feed again, great right?  Nope, now the Gimbal isn’t functioning correctly, in fact when I pick up the bird and move it around the gimbal almost does exactly opposite of what it is supposed to....   did I get a bad board? Is the a manual reset or calibration?  The auto calibration is no help......   any suggestions?

Sounds like you plugged something in back-to-front.  Are you able to post a short video of what it is doing?
2019-10-20
Use props
Garrett Grosch
New

United States

endotherm Posted at 10-20 02:31
Sounds like you plugged something in back-to-front.  Are you able to post a short video of what it is doing?

I wish it was that easy... the board only goes in one way.  And the ribbon cable only goes one way, pretty dummy proof really.
2019-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules