Who have used Mavic in France?
1587 7 2017-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skywalker_RSFC
New

China

Hello there,
This is Herbert WU from China, I have a Mavic Pro and I will travel to France in September.
After read related regulation, I found it's really strict to using drones in France. According to Geoportail(https://www.geoportail.gouv.fr/d ... ur-drones-de-loisir), it seems all cities and towns, even Mont Blanc and mediterranean sea are forbidden to fly. To be honest, I have no idea why are they not allowed to use drone on mountain and sea, it has NO dangerous at all.
So, I just wondering:
  • In actual circumstances, May I use Mavic on Nice or Marseille's beaches and cliffs?
  • In actual circumstances, May I use Mavic on Chamonix Mont Blanc?
Thank you guys!

微信截图_20170809182428.jpg

2017-8-9
Use props
dancopter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Sacre bleu!
2017-8-9
Use props
PaulBirman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 374177 ft
Latvia

Yes, I also couldn't understand that Is it really so bad?
2017-8-9
Use props
aboudou
Second Officer
Flight distance : 687530 ft
France

You can't fly on Marseille beaches and cliff because it's a national park (Parc National des Calanques.The right side of your map is forbidden because of an airport.
2017-8-9
Use props
chalde
Second Officer
Flight distance : 668314 ft
  • >>>
United States

I flew in Cassis, Carnoux, on the Gineste, and in the Calanques and Cap Canaille. Didn't fly in Downtown, this attract too much attention. Also flew atop the Aiguille du Midi and near Mont Blanc. It was in April, no a super touristy season. You can still find some remote place in the Calanques to fly - no one will bother you.
2017-8-9
Use props
Farn
New
Flight distance : 20390 ft
Singapore

Hello

So any update? How did you manage to bring it to customs? any problems?

And if no issues and you did fly, share your photos bro

Thanks
2017-10-15
Use props
Gui0123
lvl.1
Flight distance : 331224 ft
France

Hello,
I'm French and I fly almost every week end. You must respect no fly zone defined by geoportail (that's the reference in France : government website).
But your drone will not be blocked by the software in no fly zones (except around airports).
Do not hesitate to ask questions about France regulations.
2018-1-3
Use props
CelticRambler
lvl.1
France

A lot of the area on that map is a military camp and air-force practice zone. That's why it's marked as NFZ.
2018-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules