App version with Goggles
1034 12 2017-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
M4BMW
Second Officer
United States

I am waiting on the DJI googles to be delivered but I have a question regarding the app version on my tablet. If I am on firmware .400 for the Mavic which is compatable with the googles from my understanding, what version of the dji go4 app works best? And what version for the googles? If I have three separate firmware versions on the googles, rc, and bird is this going to cause a problem? I will be staying on .400.
2017-8-9
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

Based on my experience, you want to be on the latest. The .900 firmware for the goggles adds some nice new features such as the AR modes and imperial units.  You will have to upgrade the Mavic to a matching firmware if you want this to work. You almost certainly will have problems with the .400 firmware since when I got my goggles about six weeks ago the goggles had .700 firmware.
2017-8-9
Use props
M4BMW
Second Officer
United States

Is anyone out there using .400 on the Mavic with the googles?
2017-8-9
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1638323 ft
United States

M4BMW Posted at 2017-8-9 06:23
Is anyone out there using .400 on the Mavic with the googles?

No only .700.  I was in the first batch of orders.

I'm on the latest .900 & it has some 'extra' features that 'can happen:'  

-Goggles on & flying outbound for 20 seconds.  
-Gimbal tumbles like a hawk grabbed the Mavic & flew off with it.  
-At the same time, the DINK/BEEP indicating recording has stopped (lovely, no proof).  Rip off goggles & look at the screen doing the same tumbling around.  
-Look back at Airdata.com (after the flight) and of course the logging stopped when the recording stopped (& gimbal started going crack addict), so no proof or way of diagnosing.  

It then completely disconnected with the phone.  Hit RTH button on R/C & Mavic came back! I was amazed it came back after all of that.

I've had THIS (my 3rd Mavic) since January.  I've put 100s of flights on it with only minor weird DJI-like glitches.  The gimbal now tries to calibrate mid-flight with .900.

That said, I still fly it.  I just use A LOT more caution and keep it even closer than before.  I've lost all trust in this platform with these anomalies and disconnects (and now this gimbal).
2017-8-9
Use props
M4BMW
Second Officer
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-8-9 06:57
No only .700.  I was in the first batch of orders.

I'm on the latest .900 & it has some 'extra' features that 'can happen:'  

What firmware is the Mavic on?
2017-8-9
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1638323 ft
United States

M4BMW Posted at 2017-8-9 07:17

I have everything (including DJI GO 4) updated to the latest versions.  It works smoothly about 60% of the time and when it does, it's awesome & relaxing.

If DJI GO 4 was robust like it should be, this would be a reliable platform.  This newest gimbal thing is just a pain in the butt bug that was introduced.  It'll be ironed-out, but DJI takes entirely way too long to fix this stuff.  Should be hours, not weeks.  Should be answers, not horrible canned-text advice.
2017-8-9
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
France

M4BMW Posted at 2017-8-9 07:17

You are one of the lucky one so if I were you I will stay on the .400 for now!\
2017-8-9
Use props
M4BMW
Second Officer
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-8-9 09:01
You are one of the lucky one so if I were you I will stay on the .400 for now!\

Yeah I made the snapshot of the firmware, so I will forever be on .400 I'm just trying to see if the goggles I just purchased will work and from what i am reading they will with the .700 goggle firmware
2017-8-9
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

M4BMW Posted at 2017-8-9 10:17
Yeah I made the snapshot of the firmware, so I will forever be on .400 I'm just trying to see if the goggles I just purchased will work and from what i am reading they will with the .700 goggle firmware

Dude, can you email it?

I have .700 and the goggle working fine except of the blurry vision because me being farsighted rrrrrrr

2017-8-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I would recommend you to update aircraft firmware, APP and goggles to the latest version as it will optimize some previous functions and add something new. Matched firmware will bring you better experience.
2017-8-10
Use props
djiuser_CbfiJvy
lvl.2
Argentina

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-10 03:56
I would recommend you to update aircraft firmware, APP and goggles to the latest version as it will optimize some previous functions and add something new. Matched firmware will bring you better experience.

hi
VR glasses work with the firm .700? and go 4 4.1.3? or only with superiors ?, because if it is so, I close the purchase window. regards
2018-1-7
Use props
djiuser_CbfiJvy
lvl.2
Argentina

M4BMW Posted at 2017-8-9 10:17
Yeah I made the snapshot of the firmware, so I will forever be on .400 I'm just trying to see if the goggles I just purchased will work and from what i am reading they will with the .700 goggle firmware

mmmmmm .700......
2018-1-7
Use props
Big Nana
Second Officer
Flight distance : 38632 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_CbfiJvy Posted at 2018-1-7 00:47
hi
VR glasses work with the firm .700? and go 4 4.1.3? or only with superiors ?, because if it is so, I close the purchase window. regards

Have you read DJI Susan's reply? She recommended upgrade to the latest version.
2018-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules