Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark "falling from the sky" video
12Next >
4263 43 2017-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PaTaRnAk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 83383 ft
Canada

This guy was clearly not expecting that!

2017-8-9
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Moderators, we have learned in other threads that the company has in fact received drones which have apparently "dropped".

Has the company (DJI) evaluated any of these drones?  Does DJI have any insight or explanation as to the cause and/or circumstance under which this can happen?  Can you (DJI) share your findings with your supporters?
2017-8-9
Use props
borocds
lvl.1
Flight distance : 131237 ft
Poland

I have the same problem with Spark, do You have any new firmware ?
2017-8-9
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

DJI you should be shamed of yourselves.  Just look at that poor old man's face after your shoddy product crashed right into the ground.    Taking money from pensioners and not even giving them an explanation for why their stuff is crashing.  I hope he enjoys his 30% discount.
2017-8-9
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

During take off I am wondering if he unclips or loosens the battery.  He sort of has a gorilla hold on it, likes he's a bit unsure of it.  The launch seems off to me.
2017-8-9
Use props
borocds
lvl.1
Flight distance : 131237 ft
Poland

It is the same problem with GOPRO KARMA...

Many Polish users have the same problems with Sparkami. They fly up and fall. Unfortunately there is no rule whether it is RC 300 and AC 500 ...

DJI is starting to doubt your products

I know it's a childhood illness but you should react more quickly to problems with your products and though we'd write off your flights for some time until the new soft does not come out...

2017-8-9
Use props
Gr3g
lvl.3
United States

In this particular example, it looks like the guy might have held too long causing the Spark to think it was palm landing again maybe? See how the lights turn green after the rotors started spinning, then he holds on to it too long and lets go as the lights turn red as if drone was about to initiate shutdown.  Just an observation  for this particular case.
2017-8-9
Use props
Lian82
lvl.4
Flight distance : 796775 ft
Italy

or battery fail or software other impossible...

DJI rollback drones,my money and i buy a mavic ,yes but on amazon.
2017-8-9
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Dude seriously held too long come on man. That wouldn't just shut down quadcopter off if anything it would try to escape his grip getting louder this is bull there is definitely a problem with the product and now there is proof
2017-8-9
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
United States

And the ligjts alwaysturn red. That is when you are supposed to let go green just means that it recognized your face. I don't know why so many people try to make excuses for DJI
2017-8-9
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
United States

Also he had already let go of it....and it fell
2017-8-9
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

For people suggesting he held on to long must never test these things..  you can hold it for 10s of seconds and all it will do is keep revving up faster and faster before giving up... I hold onto it longer then that the few times I have palm launched..  at least twice as long..  I even yanked it up and down.. Im fairly abusive to my sparky.   

As for people who think it was because it got confused and tried to land... no.. notice it hovered for a second then fell like a rock? Auto landing is Gentle and slow.  If it was in auto land it wouldn’t have hovered in place then dropped..  

As for gorilla grip, I doubt it given how tight and heavy the spring loading is.. I doubt his gorilla grip played any role, not I cannot conclusively say, I have a gorilla grip and my spark doesn’t fall like a brick.
2017-8-9
Use props
MarkDeLo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27372 ft
United States

The look on his face is PRICELESS.  And the added "Well...".  I feel so sorry for the guy.  I hope all is well with his Spark.  I see that he posted another video after this episode.
2017-8-9
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

He kind of looks like Stephen King.
2017-8-9
Use props
HomePoint
lvl.4
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

He is quite popular with reviews, I have watched his channel a long time for Inspire, Mavic and now Spark related things.
2017-8-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

He looks embarrassed, it was definitely a power cut, it doesn't matter how long you hold it, even if you put your palm underneath it should still land slowly,
I think face recognition just gave up because he was wearing hat and glasses. Lol
2017-8-9
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Having watched the video again, I retract my response about possible battery disconnect.  The lights of the aircraft remain on during the power cut.  
2017-8-9
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-9 09:29
He looks embarrassed, it was definitely a power cut, it doesn't matter how long you hold it, even if you put your palm underneath it should still land slowly,
I think face recognition just gave up because he was wearing hat and glasses. Lol

Lol, facial recognition once it has a lock it will hover even if it looses lock..   don’t just give up and fall..  xD

Spark was like “oh I can’t be bothered...”. *thump*
2017-8-9
Use props
jbc3
New
Flight distance : 67323 ft
United States

Looking forward to the reply from this....if any.
2017-8-9
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

jbc3 Posted at 2017-8-9 09:42

pfft..    at this point I’m convinced the DJi feels this is a design feature and is wondering why so many people are complaining
2017-8-9
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The lights remain on even after this individual picks the spark up from the ground, so there's still power.

There are two cases listed in the manual for power shutting down, but they don't fit this video (there was still power).  There is one case listed for the motors stopping, and that's the CSC.  That doesn't fit this case cleanly, because the individual started the craft for gesture mode.  But what if the craft THINKS it has received a CSC signal, even when it hasn't?  That functionality would account for the drops I've seen in videos.

Just speculation with no evidence.  It's the only documented function, however, which fits with the behavior we've seen.
2017-8-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

jbc3 Posted at 2017-8-9 09:42

This is the second one I've seen , but I've seen many more Phantom and Mavic , and no recall for them.
2017-8-9
Use props
TheCyberKnight
lvl.3
Canada

Definitely not a case of power loss. The lights remain active during the fall.
Something shut the motors down.
2017-8-9
Use props
HomePoint
lvl.4
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It was the neighbour in the bush pointing the satellite drone jammer at him.
2017-8-9
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-9 10:05
This is the second one I've seen , but I've seen many more Phantom and Mavic , and no recall for them.

speaking of mavic pros..  i just missed a really epic sale..  i already filled with regret, that basically was a fire sale.. $850 new, like someone must been trolling me.  exactly price i was looking for.  they are not restocking them, they did say they had a high return rate, just clearing stock so they don't have to deal with them.
2017-8-9
Use props
Szwedu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378114 ft
Poland

Reaction - priceless  
2017-8-9
Use props
LOKY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22359 ft
United States

Someone wants proof , there it is. Any new excuse from DJI now? His grass were too well done, so SPARK get confused.
"The home point has been updated . . ." pricelles DJI
2017-8-9
Use props
tjalex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 422375 ft
  • >>>
Chile

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-8-9 07:16
DJI Moderators, we have learned in other threads that the company has in fact received drones which have apparently "dropped".

Has the company (DJI) evaluated any of these drones?  Does DJI have any insight or explanation as to the cause and/or circumstance under which this can happen?  Can you (DJI) share your findings with your supporters?

my spark fell too. power shut off.
2017-8-9
Use props
tjalex
lvl.4
  • >>>
Chile

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-8-9 07:28
DJI you should be shamed of yourselves.  Just look at that poor old man's face after your shoddy product crashed right into the ground.    Taking money from pensioners and not even giving them an explanation for why their stuff is crashing.  I hope he enjoys his 30% discount.

what 30 percent. dji should replaced a new one. taking money from someone is good but being responsible is better.
2017-8-9
Use props
Monochrome
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12710 ft
Poland

Couldn't resist
2017-8-9
Use props
tjalex
lvl.4
  • >>>
Chile

borocds Posted at 2017-8-9 07:47
It is the same problem with GOPRO KARMA...

This tiny little spark can be a elephant causing major accidents. Hope DJI will pay more attention to this timy little elephant.
2017-8-9
Use props
tjalex
lvl.4
  • >>>
Chile

Gr3g Posted at 2017-8-9 07:54
In this particular example, it looks like the guy might have held too long causing the Spark to think it was palm landing again maybe? See how the lights turn green after the rotors started spinning, then he holds on to it too long and lets go as the lights turn red as if drone was about to initiate shutdown.  Just an observation  for this particular case.

my spark fell from 35 meters. power shut off. i read in many forums, spark has major problems/
2017-8-9
Use props
Mattymatt
lvl.1
Canada

Well DJI, what statement do you have for prospective customers who are rapidly losing interest in purchasing a DJI product?
2017-8-9
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
United States

Monochrome hahaha ....too funny
2017-8-9
Use props
mmatos
lvl.2
Flight distance : 179770 ft
United States

LOKY Posted at 2017-8-9 12:18
Someone wants proof , there it is. Any new excuse from DJI now? His grass were too well done, so SPARK get confused.
"The home point has been updated . . ." pricelles DJI

I'm waiting for another response like "our engineers concluded that the building in the background caused interference".  
2017-8-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thanks for bringing us the attention. Sorry to learn about this case, we had contacted to the user and will pay high attention to this case.
Also, we are aware of a small number of reports involving Spark drones. Flight safety and product reliability are top priorities. Our engineers are thoroughly reviewing each customer case and working to address those matters urgently. DJI products are tested for thousands of hours, and the overwhelming number of customers enjoy using our products with minimal disruption. Thanks for your kindly feedback.
2017-8-9
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-8-9 09:50
I’m convinced the DJi feels this is a design feature and is wondering why so many people are complaining

If my Spank went into the grass and the incident was caught on tape, I'd be complaining too.  But the only reason DJI is contacting this user is because of the tape and the fact that he's got a modest following on YouTube.  But If you're just a normal user and your log ends abruptly (what do you expect with a power loss), then you only receive a 30% discount and get told to go pound sand.
2017-8-9
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-8-9 07:28
DJI you should be shamed of yourselves.  Just look at that poor old man's face after your shoddy product crashed right into the ground.    Taking money from pensioners and not even giving them an explanation for why their stuff is crashing.  I hope he enjoys his 30% discount.

In this case I think he will got the full repair free, because his aircraft is not lost.
He can send back and claim, with this video. Only poor to those who got aircraft flyaway or drop to the water. The 30% mostly offered for those lost-drone cases.
2017-8-9
Use props
LOKY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22359 ft
United States

I saw some of his videos on YouTube, he is no amateur.
2017-8-9
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-8-9 18:47
If my Spank went into the grass and the incident was caught on tape, I'd be complaining too.  But the only reason DJI is contacting this user is because of the tape and the fact that he's got a modest following on YouTube.  But If you're just a normal user and your log ends abruptly (what do you expect with a power loss), then you only receive a 30% discount and get told to go pound sand.

that's why i have statefarm covering it .. $1400 coverage for my spark and accessories i pay what is it ..$50/Yr  i think?  they replace it if it dropped like a rock or submerged itself, got stolen..whatever.... they just cut me a check for it
2017-8-9
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules