Pilot App Disconnected
4357 18 2015-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gwhiz2k
lvl.3

Canada

Hi All

Apologies if this has been covered before, but the Search function of the forum only brought up 4 results, none of which helped me.

I went to turn on my Inspire today to use the Flight Simulator, and I'm getting "Disconnected" in the app on my iPad Air. I hadn't even packed the Inspire from the last time I turned it on, sitting on the coffee table for a week, landing gear down, camera attached.

1. Yes, my cable was plugged in. Tried 2 different lightning cables, same result.
2. iPad shows the "Trust this computer" when plugged in.
3. Tried different combinations of turning on devices, including: Inspire first, RC second, App third.
4. RC has good connection. I can start motors, tilt the camera, etc... App thinks it's not connected.
5. Tried rebooting the iPad.
6. Tried my Nexus 5 with the Pilot app, and both DJI supplied USB cables. Same thing, although the Android app tells me there's no SD card...
7. Tried with and without the SD card in the camera.
8. Both RC and AC are at .17 firmware. Had 2 flights since then, both successful.
9. USB port on the remote feels a little loose, but it's always worked fine, and kind of felt loose since I got the bird. Android also show charging when pliugged in.

My .bin file is still on the SD, with the txt file. DJI's intructions said to leave that in, so the batteries would update.

Any ideas?

2015-3-26
Use props
Chris Con
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501175 ft
United States

Format your SD card. In all likelyhood it's corrupted which I've experienced before and it's prevented me from viewing live video or being "connected" but I was still able to control the camera tilt and fly the drone.

The other possibility would be a loose cable. The camera is connected by two cables to the inspire 1, the larger cable sends video but the smaller cable controls camera tilt. So if the  larger cable was loose you would get the same situation.

2015-3-26
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

Chris Con Posted at 2015-3-27 11:08
Format your SD card. In all likelyhood it's corrupted which I've experienced before and it's prevent ...

Funny you mention the loose cable Chris I found my lose of signal the other day was because of that as well.
2015-3-26
Use props
gwhiz2k
lvl.3

Canada

Hi

I tried a different, clean SD card with nothing on it. I still get no joy. Same thing. Tried without SD as well, and nothing. I've run everything successfully without any SD card before...

Checked for any loose wires on the AC, but everything looks tight.

I'm worried it's my USB port, because I checked calibration on the TX before, with the Inspire off. Can't do that now. It's as if there's no USB connection, but my Android will still charge, and my iPad Air still comes up with the "Trust this computer" thing.

Any other ideas?
2015-3-26
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Well it ain't the port then, did you try a fresh copy of the app? And by the way, once you have successfully powered each battery with the bin file alone.... No txt files, yes each battery should have the clean bin file! You can then format the card if for some reason you need to do it again just re download a fresh version of the file.
2015-3-26
Use props
dundee
First Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

Try disconnecting and reconnecting the gimble/camera
2015-3-27
Use props
jaharrell
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15417 ft
United States

I had a similar if not identical issue which happened twice on the same day and then never again. I was using an iPhone 6 and the latest firmware v1.2.0.17. I had also left the BIN file on the SD card in the belief that I needed to do that in order to update each battery. I sent dji an e-mail with a detailed description of the conditions as well as I could remember them in the hope of understanding why this had occurred. I still don’t know what happened or why but as regards the BIN file here is what dji had to say;
“For the upgrade, there is no need to upgrade the batteries and only the aircraft and controller need to be upgraded”.
2015-3-27
Use props
bolwerk.arnold
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12238 ft
Germany

Are you all using original Apple cables........... Third party cables gives troubles........

I've had it (third party cable) and Ipad / phone gave a message that the cable wasn't right.
2015-3-27
Use props
gwhiz2k
lvl.3

Canada

Dangair Posted at 2015-3-27 15:14
Well it ain't the port then, did you try a fresh copy of the app? And by the way, once you have succ ...

I reinstalled the app, same thing.

I'm trying the battery thing now. I can't get any feedback from the app of course, so I'm not sure exactly when a battery is done updating. I did the first one, and I got:

========== 2015.03.27 11:37:53 =====================
Packet: WM610_FW_V01.02.00.17.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

I'll try with the other 2, they just need to charge up a bit. Ran them down trying to get the app working last night.
2015-3-27
Use props
gwhiz2k
lvl.3

Canada

dundee Posted at 2015-3-27 16:37
Try disconnecting and reconnecting the gimble/camera

Tried that several times, no luck...
2015-3-27
Use props
gwhiz2k
lvl.3

Canada

jaharrell@aol.c Posted at 2015-3-27 19:57
I had a similar if not identical issue which happened twice on the same day and then never again. I  ...

I've tried with 2 separate SD cards, one with the .bin, and one without. Also tried without any card, and today tried without the TXT file as per the advice above. Nothing.

I'm now updating the iPad to iOS 8.2, but I don't think that will help much, since neither my Android nor iOS apps are working.
2015-3-27
Use props
gwhiz2k
lvl.3

Canada

bolwerk.arnold Posted at 2015-3-27 20:18
Are you all using original Apple cables........... Third party cables gives troubles........

I've h ...

Yep, both Apple cables. One that came with my iPod5, and the other that came with the iPad.
2015-3-27
Use props
gwhiz2k
lvl.3

Canada

gwhiz2k Posted at 2015-3-28 00:56
I reinstalled the app, same thing.

I'm trying the battery thing now. I can't get any feedback fr ...

Ok, tried with all three batteries.

I deleted the TXT file (for each battery) and booted the inspire with different batteries to make sure they were all up-to-date. Third time, I got a really nasty solid steady scraping noise (not the rhythmic one it did when updating), which kept going. I shut it down since that did not sound normal. Next 2 boots seemed normal.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:02 unsynchronized ======
Result: Failed.
Reboot the aircraft and try to upgrade the firmware again.

========== 2015.03.27 12:12:34 =====================
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2015.03.27 12:14:47 =====================

The TX can still snap pictures and videos, saved to the SD card. I just have no app.

I guess I could try another update of the TX...

2015-3-27
Use props
gwhiz2k
lvl.3

Canada

I tried to update the TX again, but nothing happens when I power on the TX with the USB stick plugged in (with the .bin file on it of course). No text file or anything.

Really worried it's my TX USB port...  
2015-3-27
Use props
gwhiz2k
lvl.3

Canada

Thanks for the help folks. Nothing's worked so far, can't even calibrate the remote, which is supposed to be done with the Inspire off. Contacted DJI...  We'll see what happens.

Anyone know if you can plug the iPad into the other micro-USB port on the TX, provided one has the right adapter?
2015-3-27
Use props
paolomelini
New

Guatemala

I have the same problem as you. Got disconnected and connected back again several times using ipad air, latest software and Apple original usb cable.  I'm able to use the Inspire perfectly using my iPhone 6 plus, no problems, using the same cable.  Just have trouble with the ipad air.  

I have tried different cables, reinstall apps, everything.... Same problem all the time.  Wish i could fly the inspire using my ipad air....

2015-6-29
Use props
Nemmo
lvl.2

Russia

gwhiz2k Posted at 2015-3-28 05:45
Thanks for the help folks. Nothing's worked so far, can't even calibrate the remote, which is suppos ...

PC connection with your device still alive? If No the reason is  device USB connector on port
2015-8-7
Use props
gwhiz2k
lvl.3

Canada

Nemmo Posted at 2015-8-7 04:54
PC connection with your device still alive? If No the reason is  device USB connector on port

Sorry, haven't been on here in a while. I ended up sending it back to DJI, and they said the video board on the remote was fried. They replaced it within 2 weeks.
2015-9-1
Use props
ed.weibe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40056 ft
United States

paolomelini@gma Posted at 2015-6-29 18:42
I have the same problem as you. Got disconnected and connected back again several times using ipad a ...

using my original cable and I think its bad too.  hile I am having this same issue on my Samsung phone, wiggling the cable makes the eproblem come and go.
2015-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules