Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How can I disable the streaming/caching of the video-feed?
5028 11 2017-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ammpexx
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1879495 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi Guys,

after you all have solved my battery and my WIFI issues; here is the next one:
I am flooding my phone with all those automatically saved video-files. I see the sense in that for the quickshot-mode, but having a load of 15 minute long videos on my phone...?

Is there any way to disable this?

2017-8-9
Use props
Monochrome
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12710 ft
Poland

"Cache during video shooting" - turn it off. It's there in dji go app settings.
IMG_0033.PNG
2017-8-9
Use props
Dirk52
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Monochrome Posted at 2017-8-9 10:28
"Cache during video shooting" - turn it off. It's there in dji go app settings.

But this is only available under iOS (v4.1.4... maybe it is in 4.1.5 for android available?)
2017-8-9
Use props
PascalG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 274327 ft
United States

I don't see why it wouldn't be in the droid version.  You can adjust the cache to what works for your device and set it to clear it self as well

Or you just do some manual housekeeping i had to do that on my laptop yesterday as i had 6 months of drone footage filling out almost one TB...
2017-8-9
Use props
Dirk52
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

PascalG Posted at 2017-8-9 11:06
I don't see why it wouldn't be in the droid version.  You can adjust the cache to what works for your device and set it to clear it self as well

Or you just do some manual housekeeping  i had to do that on my laptop yesterday as i had 6 months of drone footage filling out almost one TB...

Afaik the button for disabling  the caching is missing in the android version.
2017-8-9
Use props
Ammpexx
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1879495 ft
  • >>>
Germany

yep. On my Droid-Phone, I don't have the disable-button. I can set the maximum cache and enable self-cleaning. will do that and see, how that works...
2017-8-9
Use props
PascalG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 274327 ft
United States

Then set the cache real low with self cleaning
2017-8-9
Use props
kasei
lvl.2
Flight distance : 118399 ft
Germany

hope android gets this option soon. i think because the app isnt that well optimized it really takes it out on my honor6x.
with caching off it should run smoother.

@DJI also id like the option for a  SD liveview, to improve connection. sometimes id like response and fluidity over resolution (with lag and artifacts)
2017-8-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

The disable button for Andriod device when connecting with Spark is not available at present. But our engineers were aware of it and will allow this function if possible.
2017-8-10
Use props
destynpatera1
New

This has still not been resolved on my Phantom 4 Pro plus. How do I get it to stop so I can switch to photos while in the air? I don't even get where it is saving it to. It's very frustrating to have paid more money for the smaller screen with less capability. Love the image but this is such a huge drawback. Would appreciate any help on the matter.
2018-4-1
Use props
shegeek72
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-10 18:29
The disable button for Andriod device when connecting with Spark is not available at present. But our engineers were aware of it and will allow this function if possible.

I don't understand why a simple feature can't be programmed into Android, which is based on Linux. It can't be that difficult.
2018-6-5
Use props
Blellow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

Because it is low on their priority list.
2018-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules