Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

I am flying an I2 with version 4.1.5 of Go 4 on an iOS device
I have positional information and normal flight controls but the map is not appearing.
This issue started on Aug 7th and I've rebooted the iPad without success
The map appears while on the latest version of Go (for old gen craft).
Can anyone help?
2017-8-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Please troubleshoot by the steps below, Mike.
1)  Shrink the map to see if the map of other areas can be showed up.
2) Connect the mobile device to the Internet and check whether this issue persists.
2)  Open the map application coming with the mobile device and check whether the map can be loaded.
The satellite map can be loaded where satellite signal is available. If the map application coming with mobile device cannot load a map, the standard map cannot be loaded neither.
Please keep us updated if the problem persists.
2017-8-9
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-9 22:29
Please troubleshoot by the steps below, Mike.
1)  Shrink the map to see if the map of other areas can be showed up.
2) Connect the mobile device to the Internet and check whether this issue persists.

Mindy:

What appears on my screen is a gray display where the map should be. It matters not whether I zoom in or our.

I did everything mentioned in your post before writing what I did. I have rebooted the iPad Pro as well.

Also note that the map feature in  the original GO App works fine. All other features of GO 4 work fine as well. Strangely enough, Go 4 on an iPhone 7+ shows the map.

I think this has got something to do with the number of flights stored on my iPad Pro. Could you check with the programmers if they set a limit? I have no other ideas as to how this bug can arise.
2017-8-9
Use props
Millardo
lvl.3
United States

Same thing, August 6th, iPad Pro wifi plus cellular, map won't show up in the go4 app. Maps works fine outside of the go4 app.

Anyone?
2017-8-10
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-8-9 23:44
Mindy:

What appears on my screen is a gray display where the map should be. It matters not whether I zoom in or our.

MTC
one of the other members uninstalled the Go 4 App and then rebooted and reinstalled the program.  As I remember this fixed it for him

Rich
2017-8-10
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-8-10 10:03
MTC
one of the other members uninstalled the Go 4 App and then rebooted and reinstalled the program.  As I remember this fixed it for him

Yep - thanks. I think that there is a memory allocation issue but am holding off to see if a fix can save this. Re-syncing all my data is going to take time. I want to avoid this if possible
2017-8-10
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-8-10 18:15
Yep - thanks. I think that there is a memory allocation issue but am holding off to see if a fix can save this. Re-syncing all my data is going to take time. I want to avoid this if possible

MTC
Understand completely, as I have done this awhile ago and do not have as much flight distance as you
I read you other post and glad that I have 256G drive in my iPad Pro 10.5 and 128G in my mini 4. At least it has more room to manage things.   

Rich
2017-8-10
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

Ok problem solved!

I switched to another aircraft - the P4P on the iPad and then back (with no aircraft connected) , clicked on the map and my map has come back on the inspire2 page

DJI please log this solution....
2017-8-11
Use props
Laval076
lvl.3
Flight distance : 87438 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Suffered the same issue here
2017-8-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-8-11 05:40
Ok problem solved!

I switched to another aircraft - the P4P on the iPad and then back (with no aircraft connected) , clicked on the map and my map has come back on the inspire2 page

You are awesome, Mike. We are glad the problem got solved, and hope other customers could also get it solved with your suggestions.
2017-8-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Laval076 Posted at 2017-8-13 13:04
Suffered the same issue here

Please refer to my posy on 2# and Mike's suggestion to see if the problem persists.
2017-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules