Beta firmware e-mail
4676 48 2017-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

This is turning into such an epic cluster****. I'm fairly certain DJI could get their hands on one or two P4s that are experiencing this issue without requesting that owners ship their drones to the other side of the world. It's always two steps forward and a 14 miles back.
2017-8-23
Use props
F.KOK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18954370 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-8-23 07:52
This is turning into such an epic cluster****. I'm fairly certain DJI could get their hands on one or two P4s that are experiencing this issue without requesting that owners ship their drones to the other side of the world. It's always two steps forward and a 14 miles back.

There defiantly had to be Phantom 4s near and around DJI Hong Kong and in China that have these issues and data to analyse for solving these problems.
2017-8-23
Use props
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1084961 ft
Spain

M109 Posted at 2017-8-23 06:52
I have just got the exact same email. This is not an option, the real fix is in the firmware and DJI needs to fix it ASAP

I have not got any email like that. What are you going to do?
2017-8-23
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

Personally, I would downgrade the firmware and go back to flying...
2017-8-23
Use props
Gablopez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 515679 ft
  • >>>
United States

Pareja IV Posted at 2017-8-23 11:18

My P4 is still under warranty, I will send it back.
2017-8-23
Use props
Pvt Pilot '79
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1000272 ft
United States

F.KOK Posted at 2017-8-23 10:31
There defiantly had to be Phantom 4s near and around DJI Hong Kong and in China that have these issues and data to analyse for solving these problems.

DJI tells lots of people that they haven't heard of the problems that people are having with the latest release. I know because I was told that too. Then, they wanted me to send it in to be fixed. I'm 1 month out of warranty and why would I want to send in my low time P4 just to get a refurbished one back that sombody had crashed then repaired? Do they think we're idiots? We all know it's the firmware. Their credibility with this group has gone down really fast. I downgraded to the prior version via a 3rd party and thank god I got my P4 back the way it was before the update. They NEED TO PUT THE DOWNGRADE BACK INTO DJI ASSISTANT UNTIL THE FIX IS OUT. What is so hard about that?
2017-8-23
Use props
M109
lvl.4

New Zealand

Pareja IV Posted at 2017-8-23 11:18

I won't be sending it in anyway but I will keep hounding them for an official downgrade and an upgrade to the current firmware to fix the problems and keep the new flight modes that the old stable firmware doesn't have.
2017-8-23
Use props
Jason Grubb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5456 ft
United Kingdom

Sent mine away..its currently with Dji I'll wait to see what happens
2017-9-18
Use props
Jason Grubb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5456 ft
United Kingdom

Best thing about this whole situation is a thousand pound price of kit sat on shelf for 10 weeks worried to fly it.....due to firmware upgrade and the best the company can offer is ....send it back,  rather than offer a rollback until problem is resolved by the clever people.
2017-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules