I'm taking this person. DJI GO APP CRASH
987 14 2017-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa6f13f42
lvl.1
Flight distance : 479541 ft
United States

Some of the forums I am shocked at how many people have had a DJI Go app crash during flight. I feel this is very unprofessional because we have to use this app in order to fly legal. Why is it everytime I press to record or took a picture this app would freeze up and if I didn't come out of the app during flight and restart it it will eventually crash during flight. I lost my drone because of this app in terms of not being able to locate its last whereabouts because it rolls and crashed. There for my drone Auto landed somewhere unknown after self-activating the return to home feature when I was only 40% battery power left it spent the entire time disconnecting and reconnecting in an in an attempt to return to home.
2017-8-10
Use props
bluemarley67
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1242638 ft
United States

maybe you should have restarted your device?
2017-8-10
Use props
fansa6f13f42
lvl.1
United States

bluemarley67 Posted at 2017-8-10 06:46
maybe you should have restarted your device?

It was in the air. I did try a manua rth l got nothing
2017-8-10
Use props
bluemarley67
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1242638 ft
United States

hmm that is too bad how long ago did this happen to you? i would suggest you do go and look for it even if it has rained if it has rained i would put the drone into a box or large plactic bag with lots of rice and let it dry out for 2-3 days
2017-8-10
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Were you using android, or ios ?
2017-8-10
Use props
stuka75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

Upload your flight logs and we can analyze flight and maybe pinpoint crash location. Maybe. Persistent app crashing suggests issue with the phone/tablet your using.
2017-8-10
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

What mobile device is in use when that Go App keeps crashing during recording clips and take shots? How many GB Ram is on board and how many processes are running in the back round you don´t need to fly ?
You may use a task killer.
2017-8-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I have replied you in this post: https://forum.dji.com/thread-108435-1-1.html. Please PM me your case number for further assistance.
2017-8-12
Use props
fansa6f13f42
lvl.1
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-8-10 07:39
Were you using android, or ios ?

effing android.. im done. the app isnt updated with the drone, some how tht's my fault
2017-8-13
Use props
fansa6f13f42
lvl.1
United States

Peterx Posted at 2017-8-10 08:01
What mobile device is in use when that Go App keeps crashing during recording clips and take shots? How many GB Ram is on board and how many processes are running in the back round you don´t need to fly ?

what i did as delete all the apps and still it froze... and crashed, some times both.
2017-8-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

As suggested above, post the flight logs to find your misbehaving drone..

www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/?id=-2

RedHotPoker
2017-8-13
Use props
Daveb500
lvl.3
Flight distance : 191742 ft
United Kingdom

fansa6f13f42 Posted at 2017-8-10 07:12
It was in the air. I did try a manua rth l got nothing

Same happened to me on Sunday, app crashed 3mins into flight. I did RTH and nothing, stood waiting, for it to return. As I walked in the direction the drone had been flying I rebooted the phone and app. I re triggered the rth and after a few seconds I heard the drone and saw it flying back to me. so all ended well.
When I check the flight log The drone went into hover when the app crashed, and I stopped flying it. When I sent rth to accepted it and then stopped with a message obstruction detected in the log, it just sat there until I managed to reboot, and then resend rth, in all it took about 7 minutes to recover and land safely.
2017-8-13
Use props
Jaceracer
New
United States

I just bought a phantom 3 Se and the last thing I thought to check was device compatibility! my question is can I buy a cheap compatible device to run this model in gps and if so what is it?
2017-8-15
Use props
Betamace
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

Peterx Posted at 2017-8-10 08:01

Absolutely! Yet I believe it's both a display device and app issue. It's recently been mentioned many times that turning off caching video in the app's settings solves the crash issue when using the newer app versions. Didn't have app crashing problems with earlier app versions so go figure.
2017-8-15
Use props
Betamace
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

Daveb500 Posted at 2017-8-13 22:34
Same happened to me on Sunday, app crashed 3mins into flight. I did RTH and nothing, stood waiting, for it to return. As I walked in the direction the drone had been flying I rebooted the phone and app. I re triggered the rth and after a few seconds I heard the drone and saw it flying back to me. so all ended well.
When I check the flight log The drone went into hover when the app crashed, and I stopped flying it. When I sent rth to accepted it and then stopped with a message obstruction detected in the log, it just sat there until I managed to reboot, and then resend rth, in all it took about 7 minutes to recover and land safely.

In your case you could have manually initiated RTH with just the RC. Then manually land.
2017-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules