12Next >
2548 45 2017-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans309a3c79
lvl.1
Flight distance : 176161 ft
United States

I have the problem with Inspire2 after firmware upgrade. Before middle of may 2017 there was no problem. What is the problem?
Video Transmission between I2 and receiver ( controller).
You can see this problem here  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLAuTIwruLw&feature=youtu.be   and  here  https://youtu.be/dprRzlpSYTM  .
This is two different Inspire2 ( my and my friend ) with the same problem after firmware upgrade. You can see the Periodic Changing of Quality of video signal ( а change in the sharpness of the image, which can be visually observed as periodic bands on video images).
There is no problem with HDMI cable or iPhone, or any another's equipment, like yours technical support told me in previous chat. There is no problem with my or my friend Inspire2, and we don't need to send it to repair, like yours technical support told me in previous chat. Because before software upgrade we didn't have any problems. This is only software problem, because we have it in two different Inspire2, and only after software upgrade in the middle of may 2017. Please, Solve this problem as quickly as possible by releasing a new version of the software, or the opportunity to return to the old version, until May 2017, when such a problem with the transmission of video images was not observed.
2017-8-10
Use props
fans309a3c79
lvl.1
United States

Mistake in text: after software upgrade ( no after firmware upgrade)
2017-8-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

How about the original footage in SD card? Are they normal?
2017-8-11
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-11 02:38

Mindy, I think this is same as the other issues we are having on the other threads.

I know that the engineers are not specifically acknowledging this new and very serious issue, but it is definitely an issue caused by firmware and app updates in the past 6 weeks.

Our Inspire 2 is virtually unusable, except for just playing around and training. I would have spent only a couple thousand on Mavic Pro and all of its accessories, instead of investing in this powerful piece of equipment if I knew it would be rendered unusable by DJI.

As I've said in other forums, the performance and reliability of the Inspire 2 was absolutely perfect (exactly what I thought it should be) in June. Now, in August (after firmware updates in July), it is just a horrible flight experience.

The video feed issues are one thing. But also, we can barely get past 500m distance from RC. Prior to this, I had never had a single instance with distance issues. Now it is constant.

Someone in the development or engineering for DJI has got to look at changes implemented in all hardware and the app over the past 6 weeks. There is a very serious problem, and whether or not it is affecting everyone (or if DJI engineering is able to replicate) -- it is a very real issue that is extremely apparent and obvious to Inspire 2 pilots that are affected.

There has got to be some sort of acknowledgement to what is going on. As of right now, my aircraft operates at about 40% of its performance back in June. And I really don't know what exactly I have purchased -- it does not operate per DJI's advertised technical specifications that I relied upon when deciding to purchase the Inspire 2.

At this point however, I might consider this a "fair purchase" if DJI refunds 60% of my investment into Inspire 2 equipment. Or if they fix the performance issues that we are struggling with. Either way, something needs to happen soon.
2017-8-12
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

Oh, I forgot to add ...

SD card video is good, but we aren't able to shoot without serious "operator issues". Because of the constant RC disconnects and poor signal quality, we find ourselves moving the camera around like a drunken sailor, with horrible pans and tilts. Instead of the precision we had before.

Video quality is still just fine when stored on he SD. But our hands are tied on actually being able to control the camera the way we used to. It is very unfortunate. I just want to downgrade my firmware to April and keep it there -- I do not trust the quality control for new releases at this point.
2017-8-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

paraviz02 Posted at 2017-8-12 13:41
Oh, I forgot to add ...

SD card video is good, but we aren't able to shoot without serious "operator issues". Because of the constant RC disconnects and poor signal quality, we find ourselves moving the camera around like a drunken sailor, with horrible pans and tilts. Instead of the precision we had before.

I've seen your post on other thread, this issue has been reported to our R&D engineers, I cannot tell you anything until I got response from from.
If many customers encounter the same problem, our engineers will pay more attention to it and try their best to locate the problem and get it fixed. We would like you to wait patiently for the response from our engineers. Thank you.
2017-8-14
Use props
JBSonic
Second Officer
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I tested it the other day and it is true.
My almost 5-year-old Dji Phanom 2 has a range of about 2km before it loses signal.
The Inspire 2 goes about 600m, video feed cuts out at 350m

Speed was reduced, now signal too...

I wonder if the Inspire 2 was originally planned as a ground based camera system, it certainly does not seem like it wants to be in the air at all
2017-8-14
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-14 01:46
I've seen your post on other thread, this issue has been reported to our R&D engineers, I cannot tell you anything until I got response from from.
If many customers encounter the same problem, our engineers will pay more attention to it and try their best to locate the problem and get it fixed. We would like you to wait patiently for the response from our engineers. Thank you.

Ok thanks so much, Mindy.
2017-8-14
Use props
fans309a3c79
lvl.1
Ukraine

Record to SD card is OK. Please,
2017-8-17
Use props
fans309a3c79
lvl.1
Ukraine

DJI! If you can not solve this problem now, give the opportunity to return to the firmware of April 2017 !!! Instead of a very good device, which was Inspire2 in April 2017, now, after the new firmware. He turned a piece of flying iron, with which it is impossible to work. DJI! Do something! Or immediately release a new firmware with all the fixes, or give the opportunity
2017-8-17
Use props
fans309a3c79
lvl.1
Ukraine

DJI! Do something! Or, immediately release a new firmware with all the fixes, or give the chance to roll back until April 2017.
2017-8-17
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394291 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans309a3c79 Posted at 2017-8-17 10:00
DJI! Do something! Or, immediately release a new firmware with all the fixes, or give the chance to roll back until April 2017.

As you can see DJI is Avoiding this topic....!!!!
2017-8-17
Use props
fansf7f1ef8e
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3228383 ft
Argentina

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-14 01:46

I agree with a lot of users here. Can´t DJI give the chance to roll back to a previous firmware/app for all the people who is unhappy with the changes?
This should be easiest than trying to fix what is not working (for some people at least) and give DJI room to test everything (i.e. adivce which dispositives,  like the ipad mini2 or 3 that will be not working full performance with the upgrades) without affecting a lot of people business.
2017-8-17
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

nazar404.yahoo Posted at 2017-8-17 18:24
As you can see DJI is Avoiding this topic....!!!!

My goodness, I have so much I would write here right now ...

But my better judgement is biting my tongue.
2017-8-17
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

I know they hear our complaint. But it would be great to know they are acknowledging it. That's my biggest issue.
2017-8-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansf7f1ef8e Posted at 2017-8-17 19:27
I agree with a lot of users here. Can´t DJI give the chance to roll back to a previous firmware/app for all the people who is unhappy with the changes?
This should be easiest than trying to fix what is not working (for some people at least) and give DJI room to test everything (i.e. adivce which dispositives,  like the ipad mini2 or 3 that will be not working full performance with the upgrades) without affecting a lot of people business.

I have reported your need of rolling back to previous firmware to engineers, but it seems not possible.
R&D engineers are working on locating the problem, I'm waiting for their testing and responding too.
I know you are frustrating, but what we can do now is waiting. And I believe our engineers will get it addressed soon. Thank you for your understanding.
2017-8-17
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy ,
Thank you for your response in this matter .  Have the R&D Engineers send out the April Firmware , surly they must keep a copy locked up in a Big DJI bank vault next to the cash box !  Lol
2017-8-18
Use props
Chotu
lvl.1
Canada

Same issues here with my inspire 1 pro , updated the firmware on the camera and controller last night , massive image transmission issues , can't even fly it , and before the update it was mint , hope y'all fix it soon
2017-8-18
Use props
Ale Reynoso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3228383 ft
Argentina

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-17 23:00
I have reported your need of rolling back to previous firmware to engineers, but it seems not possible.
R&D engineers are working on locating the problem, I'm waiting for their testing and responding too.
I know you are frustrating, but what we can do now is waiting. And I believe our wengineers will get it addressed soon. Thank you for your understanding.

I can´t get this
What is DJI hiding in some way? In any hardware you can just erase anything remaining and start with a fresh installation of anything.
"seems not possible" in which way? Is it true that the newest firmware cuts the output signal to get less range?
Anyway, my ipad mini2 was working just fine. Do I need to upgrade my hardware from now? DJI should warn about this
2017-8-18
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Ale Reynoso Posted at 2017-8-18 16:24

I can´t get this

DJI ,

waiting for firmware
2017-8-18
Use props
BadMo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26017 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-17 23:00
I know you are frustrating, but what we can do now is waiting. And I believe our wengineers will get it addressed soon. Thank you for your understanding.

Mindy,

Does DJI plan to extend our warranties the 2+ months these aircraft are completely unusable?

Thank You
2017-8-19
Use props
Njorl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1531821 ft
United States

All my Inspire 1 flights since the update after July 8 have had numerous random bugs affect it's previously stellar performance.  It seems like DJI may have grown too big, too fast to keep up with their ever-expanding lineup of products.  Soooo many problems since recent Summertime failware updates
2017-8-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

BadMo Posted at 2017-8-19 08:01
Mindy,

Does DJI plan to extend our warranties the 2+ months these aircraft are completely unusable?

I don't think so, Mo. I've urged our engineers again, there will be an explanation very soon. Please wait patiently.
2017-8-21
Use props
andymc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1023878 ft
United Kingdom

Just wanted to add my experience too - got my I2 and X5S setup last week.
Intermittent warnings of interference every time I have flown so far, with multiple drop-outs. I took the I2 for a TV job yesterday and experienced at least half a dozen drop-outs while trying to track boats out over the sea. It also completely dropped out and initiated an RTH twice. All well within 500m range. The range seemed to be almost irrelevant.
All pretty embarrassing with a producer looking over my shoulder, so I dropped it and ended up using the Mavic I had brought as a backup in case this happened. £6K well spent? hmmmmm. Obviously no mention of interference with the Mavic, flying from the same spot. It flew perfectly for 4 batteries without a single glitch or drop-out.
I have more jobs on start of next week but do I really want to go on site with something this unreliable?
Please... hurry on these fixes or roll-backs. This is a commercial, professional drone that can't be used as it stands.
2017-8-21
Use props
Fortnight
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5403383 ft
  • >>>
United States

I miss My inspire 1 pro I sold back when My inspire 2 worked.  Thanks
2017-8-21
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Fortnight Posted at 2017-8-21 01:43
I miss My inspire 1 pro I sold back when My inspire 2 worked.  Thanks

Welcome to the DJI fleet of grounded drones ... thank you for reducing the range and screwing up our firmware ... sorry not a happy camper right now .

Firmware rollback please
2017-8-21
Use props
fansc776fa97
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3620226 ft
Australia

C'mon Mindy, this is the exact same issue I created a poll on... surely at this point you must admit this is a firmware issue.
2017-8-21
Use props
Chotu
lvl.1
Canada

Good thing I saved all the previous patches , or do they not work what so ever ?
2017-8-21
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

Chotu Posted at 2017-8-21 08:11
Good thing I saved all the previous patches , or do they not work what so ever ?

Chotu, supposedly there is a way to update firmware by using the micro-SD card. But I do not know how to do that.

How did you save all previous firmwares? I would absolutely love to get my hands on the firmware from two versions ago ...
2017-8-21
Use props
Chotu
lvl.1
Canada

paraviz02 Posted at 2017-8-21 12:09
Chotu, supposedly there is a way to update firmware by using the micro-SD card. But I do not know how to do that.

How did you save all previous firmwares? I would absolutely love to get my hands on the firmware from two versions ago ...

i just saved em from when I downloaded them , just the inspire 1 pro patches
2017-8-21
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137874 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-21 00:54
I don't think so, Mo. I've urged our engineers again, there will be an explanation very soon. Please wait patiently.

DJI Mindy, I read these posts almost daily waiting and wishing for a fix.
2017-8-21
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

Some of older FW is here, https://www.dji.com/inspire-1/info#downloads, select "zenmuse x3" in steady of "inspire 1". I have not tried it myself but seems to be a good FW from the description- inspire1 firmware v1.10.1.40, 2016-12-15. and inspire 1 firmware v1.9.1.30 2016-7-7
2017-8-22
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

Chotu Posted at 2017-8-21 13:50
i just saved em from when I downloaded them , just the inspire 1 pro patches

Ah cool. I will have to start doing that.
2017-8-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JohnnieYaz Posted at 2017-8-21 21:29
DJI Mindy, I read these posts almost daily waiting and wishing for a fix.

I understand, but I didn't get the response from them till now, please wait patiently
2017-8-25
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy,

How long must we wait for an answer while we are grounded , this should a priority from DJI .
2017-8-25
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

nazar404.yahoo Posted at 2017-8-25 03:46
DJI Mindy,

How long must we wait for an answer while we are grounded , this should a priority from DJI .

At the least, it would be wonderful if DJI could specifically acknowledge the problem.  I would feel much better about that, rather than leaving us wondering ...
2017-8-25
Use props
fansb649cb09
Banned
Flight distance : 2201 ft
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-8-25
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fansb649cb09 Posted at 2017-8-25 10:45
**** The author has been banned or deleted automatically shield ****

I guess we are still waiting for a Answer Mind on firmware roll back,  I guess Fans was Banned for saying the truth?
2017-8-26
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

paraviz02 Posted at 2017-8-22 11:55
Ah cool. I will have to start doing that.

The FW install is completely different on the Inspire 1 vs the Inspire 2. You must download the Inspire 1 FW and put this onto a SD card for the bird to install. The Inspire 2 receives the FW from the Go 4 App (or Assistant 2 software) The only way you can keep the FW packages is saving them from the Go4 App hidden folders. If the DJI software engineers decide you can't downgrade, then it is blocked from refreshing it back to the previous version....  This is also true with the Inspire 1 FW.

Rich
2017-8-26
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-25 01:12
I understand, but I didn't get the response from them till now, please wait patiently

Thanks for your help Mindy...  Lots of us are having problems with the HD video and radio signal interference. In my case, I use custom (manual mode) to pick my frequencies that are stable in the area I am flying. I do not use the 5.8G band at this point. 2.4G is more reliable for distance.

Maybe the engineers could look at the auto switching of the frequencies as a possible problem?

Rich  
2017-8-26
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules