Problem with transmission of video after software upgrade
2563 45 2017-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GaijinGeoff
lvl.2
Flight distance : 694334 ft
Isle of Man

If a certain critical mass of error reports is required, before customers receive acknowledgement of the issue/fix, I'd like to add my example.

Professional Inspire 1 RAW pilot using iPad Air 2. Hadn't experienced any image transition issues until the recent firmware updates. Now I have serious image transmission loss and video feed break-up. Files on SSD and micro-sd card show continuous recording, but the transmission signal issue makes composing/executing/monitoring shots close to impossible.

We all need a fix for this issue. It's unacceptable to have a previously functioning product rendered unusable  and a danger to public health via these updates. I appreciate you're doing everything you can DJI Mindy, so thank you for that. The "engineers" need to be chased on this. It's a significant problem. There's surely a legal case to be answered here, hence the deafening silence.

I also recommend people post this issue to DJI Support on Facebook, apparently there's a greater likelihood of being heard due to greater public exposure/negative coverage.

I love my I1 RAW. Let's hope/push for a swift, respectful resolution. Cheers.
2017-8-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

GaijinGeoff Posted at 2017-8-27 22:26
If a certain critical mass of error reports is required, before customers receive acknowledgement of the issue/fix, I'd like to add my example.

Professional Inspire 1 RAW pilot using iPad Air 2. Hadn't experienced any image transition issues until the recent firmware updates. Now I have serious image transmission loss and video feed break-up. Files on SSD and micro-sd card show continuous recording, but the transmission signal issue makes composing/executing/monitoring shots close to impossible.

GaijinGeoff, we are sorry for the experience with our product, the issue in Inspire 1 is different from other customers' complaint about Inspire 2. Could you please help to do the troubleshooting?
1. How about the image transmission when mount X5R to Omso?
2. Have you changed another RC to test the image transmission?
3. Please clean the pin and re-insert the gimbal cable to. pin.png cable.png

2017-8-27
Use props
GaijinGeoff
lvl.2
Flight distance : 694334 ft
Isle of Man

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-27 23:12
GaijinGeoff, we are sorry for the experience with our product, the issue in Inspire 1 is different from other customers' complaint about Inspire 2. Could you please help to do the troubleshooting?
1. How about the image transmission when mount X5R to Omso?
2. Have you changed another RC to test the image transmission?

Hi Mindy,

Thank you kindly for your reply and attention. Greatly appreciated.

When attached to  the the Osmo, I haven't noticed any issues with the X5R and image transmission. It's been working perfectly.

I will try the other steps you suggest and let you know the results.

Thanks again. All the best,
Geoff
2017-8-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

GaijinGeoff Posted at 2017-8-28 01:44
Hi Mindy,

Thank you kindly for your reply and attention. Greatly appreciated.

Sure, no problem, thanks for your time.
2017-8-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-8-26 20:02
Thanks for your help Mindy...  Lots of us are having problems with the HD video and radio signal interference. In my case, I use custom (manual mode) to pick my frequencies that are stable in the area I am flying. I do not use the 5.8G band at this point. 2.4G is more reliable for distance.

Maybe the engineers could look at the auto switching of the frequencies as a possible problem?

Thanks for your suggestion, Rich, I will transfer it to our engineers. I do wish we could get this problem sorted out soon. But I'm waiting for their reply too. Really appreciate other customers' understanding and patience.
2017-8-28
Use props
Chotu
lvl.1
Canada

Also having the same issues with my inspire 1 pro
2017-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules