Different gimbal auto calibration procedures ?
1655 4 2015-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
media100
lvl.2

United States

Hello, I just received a replacement gimbal for the inspire and noticed that this one is tilting the gimbal approx. 45 degrees to one side ( roll axis), while processing an auto gimbal calibration via the pilot app. After the calibration the gimbal is level again.

My former gimbal just moved from forward to backward view while calibrating and vice versa (without tilting the gimbal on the roll axis). Might the replacement gimbal be faulty or are there different auto calibration procedures depending on the gimbal firmware/ hardware revision ? Thanks for your help !
2015-3-27
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try to go through the latest Firmware update and see if there is a difference, That is with the new Gimbal. They may have to get use to each other.
2015-3-27
Use props
media100
lvl.2

Germany

Latest firmware is installed. Here's a short video of the gimbal auto calibration process (done via the pilot app) of my gimbal. I think that this is not normal behaviour !?

What do you think ? Time for another replacement ?
2015-3-28
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

media100 Posted at 2015-3-28 20:46
Latest firmware is installed. Here's a short video of the gimbal auto calibration process (done via  ...

How does it work when in flight?  
2015-3-28
Use props
media100
lvl.2

Germany

There are still gimbal twitches in flight with this replacement gimbal...so no improvement in comparison to my former gimbal...the auto calibration process is really weird with the new gimbal...will need another replacement I think.
2015-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules