6097 91 2017-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-14 12:28
Being a Beta test they might have sent an unaltered 'control'  to some :-)
Certainly any beta testing I've seen in the past (not DJI) covered a number of different scenarios by sending different files to different people to get a meaningful return. But given the apparent small number of testers here that seems unlikely, but who knows.

Sounds like they sent the control to the entire group! :O
2017-8-14
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-8-14 12:33
Sounds like they sent the control to the entire group! :O

You never know
2017-8-14
Use props
M109
lvl.4

New Zealand

Just did a short hover in the back yard to test 4k 30fps and after about 3 minutes the gimbal did a reset so just sending the Data files for that off to DJI now.
Also noticed that the time stamp of that video file was 1/01/2014 1:00AM but the Video Caption file for the same video was todays date 15/08/20178:32AM, strange or what?
2017-8-14
Use props
fansa2c27898
lvl.1
Flight distance : 154121 ft

South Africa

F.KOK Posted at 2017-8-14 12:30
I flew with the new beta this afternoon and at take off it was looking good and hovered stable. After hovering for one minute I flew 100 m forward as DJI requested and at first it was also looking good but then I saw there was sometimes still a wobble. When I was flying fast it was getting worse. I flew backwards and there was also sometimes a wobble. When I flew sideways it was looking good. When landing it was without any problem, but the motors were warm after just a 5 minute flight. DJI told you to disable the obstacle avoidance for this flight.
I took off for a second flight and this time enabled the obstacle avoidance. The Drone again sometimes wobbles and now it changes speed by itself in flight. I landed again and disabled the obstacle avoidance, took off for the third time, again very smooth and hovered stable but when I flew forward and backwards it sometimes wobbles but holds a steady speed. I am busy sending all three flight logs to DJI to analyze it and fix the problems. So with the beta it hovered stable but in flight it still wobbles. I saw that M109 on the forum have reported about the video. Also there was no map.

I tested Beta version tonight, all went smooth, sent data to DJI.  It seems a lot better without all the warnings seen in the last FW.  It certainly seemed stable and I also managed some distance before signal dropped.  My verdict is "best since upgrade", however not 100% as original.  Thank you DJI for making the effort! I will continue testing this weekend in daylight.
2017-8-14
Use props
M109
lvl.4

New Zealand

fansa2c27898 Posted at 2017-8-14 13:18
I tested Beta version tonight, all went smooth, sent data to DJI.  It seems a lot better without all the warnings seen in the last FW.  It certainly seemed stable and I also managed some distance before signal dropped.  My verdict is "best since upgrade", however not 100% as original.  Thank you DJI for making the effort! I will continue testing this weekend in daylight.

This Beta firmware is a lot more stable than the v02.00.0106 release  firmware but still nowhere as  stable as the V2.0.0.12 Beta I originally tested and was stuck on for 6 months
2017-8-14
Use props
M109
lvl.4

New Zealand

Just done flight test as requested by DJI and I'm now thinking this Beta is not much better than V01.00.0106, maybe slight better but it still has some very violent wobbles going on
2017-8-14
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

I dont get it. What are they putting in this firmware thats causing all these issues that they refuse to remove? What is so important that they cant live without it? The very first beta from 6 months ago was pretty stable from what I understand. It wasnt perfect but at least you could fly. It had all the new flight modes so thats not it so wth is so important that they wont drop it? I imagine its probably something we dont want but they do. Its definitely something the US Army doesnt want. Id kill for that first beta.

2017-8-14
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Duchunter Posted at 2017-8-14 14:12
I dont get it. What are they putting in this firmware thats causing all these issues that they refuse to remove? What is so important that they cant live without it? The very first beta from 6 months ago was pretty stable from what I understand. It wasnt perfect but at least you could fly. It had all the new flight modes so thats not it so wth is so important that they wont drop it? I imagine its probably something we dont want but they do. Its definitely something the US Army doesnt want. Id kill for that first beta.

It's called progress. How about a level horizon when recording video ? They seem to have managed to fix that, and that was something that has plagued all the Phantoms I believe. And it hasn't caused grief for all.

And it seems it was a US Army memo, they continue to be used by other branches it seems.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-drones-dji-idUSKCN1AU294

The new 'local data' mode should please a few :-)
2017-8-14
Use props
Gablopez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 515679 ft
  • >>>
United States

F.KOK Posted at 2017-8-14 12:30
I flew with the new beta this afternoon and at take off it was looking good and hovered stable. After hovering for one minute I flew 100 m forward as DJI requested and at first it was also looking good but then I saw there was sometimes still a wobble. When I was flying fast it was getting worse. I flew backwards and there was also sometimes a wobble. When I flew sideways it was looking good. When landing it was without any problem, but the motors were warm after just a 5 minute flight. DJI told you to disable the obstacle avoidance for this flight.
I took off for a second flight and this time enabled the obstacle avoidance. The Drone again sometimes wobbles and now it changes speed by itself in flight. I landed again and disabled the obstacle avoidance, took off for the third time, again very smooth and hovered stable but when I flew forward and backwards it sometimes wobbles but holds a steady speed. I am busy sending all three flight logs to DJI to analyze it and fix the problems. So with the beta it hovered stable but in flight it still wobbles. I saw that M109 on the forum have reported about the video. Also there was no map.

Same results here. With the beta firmware hovering is definitely more stable, but still wobbling during flight. I didn't have time to test the 4K/30fps.
2017-8-14
Use props
JCJMC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2122467 ft
Spain

Does not fix the reset error in 4K? So what have they done ...?
2017-8-15
Use props
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1084961 ft
Spain

I have done the flight test with the beta version .0200. I did only what DJI requested in their email: 1. Please disable the "Forward Obstacle Sensing System” on the DJI GO.2.Then select an open area for the flight and make sure the copter works under P-GPS mode during the whole flight.3. Keep the copter hovering over 30s at 10m height after taking off.4. Then operate the copter ascent to a safety height and we suggest there is no obstacle in the range of 200 m radius.And then operate it flyling forward over 100m away. Next, operate it flying backward for over 100m. Please execute above forwarding and backwarding operations for twice.5. After that, then pull roll stick to left and fly it to left direction for over 100m and next, fly it to right direction for over 100m.Please execute the operation for twice as well.6. Finally, land the copter safety, flight part completed.7. After the flight, please connect the copter to the DJI assistant and then export the corresponding data to us.

I have notice NO change in flight behavior. The same agressive and unstable flight
2017-8-15
Use props
JCJMC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2122467 ft
Spain

Test made with the new beta firmware and still the camera reset error is not solved by recording at 4k. I think DJI is teasing us.
2017-8-15
Use props
M109
lvl.4

New Zealand

Doesn't look like there is going to be a fix for the firmware anytime soon, just got the usual response from DJJI, and it's  starting to sound all too familiar.

> Please don't worry, if there is any update, we will let you know at the first time.
> Our R & D team will fix the issue soon, please be patient to wait for the update.
> Thank you so much.
2017-8-16
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

M109 Posted at 2017-8-16 04:37
Doesn't look like there is going to be a fix for the firmware anytime soon, just got the usual response from DJJI, and it's  starting to sound all too familiar.

> Please don't worry, if there is any update, we will let you know at the first time.

Not till the beginning of the 4th quarter, if ever.
2017-8-16
Use props
Enilson Arneiro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 546604 ft
Brazil

Pareja IV Posted at 2017-8-15 09:10
I have done the flight test with the beta version .0200. I did only what DJI requested in their email: 1. Please disable the "Forward Obstacle Sensing System” on the DJI GO.2.Then select an open area for the flight and make sure the copter works under P-GPS mode during the whole flight.3. Keep the copter hovering over 30s at 10m height after taking off.4. Then operate the copter ascent to a safety height and we suggest there is no obstacle in the range of 200 m radius.And then operate it flyling forward over 100m away. Next, operate it flying backward for over 100m. Please execute above forwarding and backwarding operations for twice.5. After that, then pull roll stick to left and fly it to left direction for over 100m and next, fly it to right direction for over 100m.Please execute the operation for twice as well.6. Finally, land the copter safety, flight part completed.7. After the flight, please connect the copter to the DJI assistant and then export the corresponding data to us.

I have notice NO change in flight behavior. The same agressive and unstable flight

I'm getting confused ... rsrsrrs ... the beta version for some was better than the current freak, since for you there were almost no changes ...
2017-8-16
Use props
Dnerve
lvl.3
Flight distance : 523799 ft
Ireland

Yeah, all of this is quite confusing.

They are (rightfully) focusing on stability in flight that seems to be inconsistently experienced by some rather than the 4K recording issue that is experienced by all....Yet the latter is a a major issue as it effectively renders this recording option unusable, an option listed within the product's capabilities and specs....

I've little faith this will be resolved in a timely manner judging from the time it took DJI to release the new P4 firmware...Let's see....
2017-8-16
Use props
Mafia16
First Officer
Flight distance : 26490948 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

Theres a way i can get the beta?
2017-8-16
Use props
beeper
lvl.4
Australia

Hi All
Just got another email from DJI for a second round of Beta testing. Again they want the results in 24 hours. If had known they would do a second round I would have done the testing the other day. they are chasing the information as requested before.
2017-8-17
Use props
Enilson Arneiro
lvl.3
Brazil

Theres a way i can get the beta? II
2017-8-17
Use props
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Spain

Enilson Arneiro Posted at 2017-8-16 10:04
I'm getting confused ... rsrsrrs ... the beta version for some was better than the current freak, since for you there were almost no changes ...

Have a look, this is the unedited footage of the flight test
2017-8-17
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Pareja IV Posted at 2017-8-17 13:01
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8COVL7Eu8V0

Hmmm.....

The side to side really skips frames or something prior to braking.

Interesting the way they wanted the test done too.  Wish they included some yawing around as well to see how the horizon level fares as well as any jerkiness there (I got  a lot when yawing!).

Not ready for prime time yet.
2017-8-17
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

beeper Posted at 2017-8-17 00:15
Hi All
Just got another email from DJI for a second round of Beta testing. Again they want the results in 24 hours. If had known they would do a second round I would have done the testing the other day. they are chasing the information as requested before.

Hi beeper. Was the second round using another beta firmware version, or just different tests using the same beta?
2017-8-17
Use props
beeper
lvl.4
Australia

This is the email
Dear Customer,

Nice day.
Here is the email from DJI tech support team. Good news, the second test begins.

Via your post on DJI Forum, we got that there exists the unstable flight issue on your DJI Phantom 4 after upgrading Firmware to v02.00.0106.
We worked on it and made a Beta firmware to fix that issue.

But for making sure the firmware works on your case, we need your help to send us the specified flight data as below steps within 24 hours.
Then our R&D team will push the beta firmware to you after receiving the data.

Please execute as following steps strictly, thanks a lot.

1. Please disable the "Forward Obstacle Sensing System” on the DJI GO.

2.Then select an open area for the flight and make sure the copter works under P-GPS mode during the whole flight.

3. Keep the copter hovering over the 30s at 10m height after taking off.

4. Then operate the copter ascent to a safe height and we suggest there is no obstacle in the range of 200 m radius.
And then operate it flying forward over 100m away. Next, operate it flying backward for over 100m. Please execute above forwarding and backward operations for twice.

5. After that, then pull roll stick to left and fly it to left direction for over 100m and next, fly it to the right direction for over 100m.
Please execute the operation for twice as well.

6. Finally, land the copter safety, flight part completed.

7. After the flight, please connect the copter to the DJI assistant and then export the corresponding data to us.
Here is a video FYI to export the data.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMb1RD5pPOg

Thanks for your cooperation and understanding.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon and if you have any questions here, please no hesitated to contact us.
Best regards,
Aurora
DJI Technical Support

Office hours: Monday to Friday , 9:00AM to 18:00PM (HongKong Time GMT+8:00)

2017-8-17
Use props
beeper
lvl.4
Australia

I would have done the testing the only problem for me is I can't do it  within 24 hours.
2017-8-17
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

beeper Posted at 2017-8-17 16:20
This is the email
Dear Customer,

That's exactly the same message everyone received a couple of weeks ago. That's odd. Perhaps DJI didn't get enough people providing flight data the first time - which isn't surprising with the absolute requirement to turn it around in 24 hours (and mid-week too...)

Hopefully if someone responds for the second round, they can then advise what beta version they are given access too. Existing beta testers should see any new version too, I suspect.
2017-8-17
Use props
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Spain

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-8-17 16:37
That's exactly the same message everyone received a couple of weeks ago. That's odd. Perhaps DJI didn't get enough people providing flight data the first time - which isn't surprising with the absolute requirement to turn it around in 24 hours (and mid-week too...)

Hopefully if someone responds for the second round, they can then advise what beta version they are given access too. Existing beta testers should see any new version too, I suspect.

I already did it last monday, by the moment no news from DJI but an email giving thanks for the logs
2017-8-17
Use props
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Spain

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-8-17 14:34
Hmmm.....

The side to side really skips frames or something prior to braking.

The jerky footage is the result of the agressive braking, I do not think there are any skipped frames. The P4 almost flips over when braking. Indeed, if you see the first braking flying backwards, is so agressive that after the braking the camera finishes pointing a little downwards by itself. I did not touch the gimbal pan wheel
2017-8-17
Use props
M109
lvl.4

New Zealand

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-8-17 16:37

Apart from the first line:-  Here is the email from DJI tech support team. Good news, the second test begins.
2017-8-18
Use props
Enilson Arneiro
lvl.3
Brazil

Pareja IV Posted at 2017-8-17 13:01
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8COVL7Eu8V0

Wow! They need to work a little bit more on it ... !! ....
2017-8-18
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

M109 Posted at 2017-8-18 03:51
Apart from the first line:-  Here is the email from DJI tech support team. Good news, the second test begins.

Are you saying they have sent you the next beta?
2017-8-18
Use props
CentralOtagoKiw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 170988 ft
New Zealand

Am I mistaken, or does it seem that the beta testing isn't addressing the 4K video issue? From the instructions it looks like DJI is only gathering data about the poor flight performance.
2017-8-18
Use props
M109
lvl.4

New Zealand

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-8-18 06:06
Are you saying they have sent you the next beta?

I don't know, I never got that email like beeper did, I've only had the first email about the beta which never had the line about the second test.
2017-8-18
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
India

M109 Posted at 2017-8-18 13:14
I don't know, I never got that email like beeper did, I've only had the first email about the beta which never had the line about the second test.

Do you see another beta, M109? You should see any new firmware too unless they've removed your account from the Beta group.
2017-8-18
Use props
M109
lvl.4

New Zealand

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-8-18 13:27
Do you see another beta, M109? You should see any new firmware too unless they've removed your account from the Beta group.

No, I still only have  v02.00.0200 and v02.00.034 which I got from the start, neither of which  fix the problems.
2017-8-18
Use props
silvanoivan.ig
lvl.2
Flight distance : 340433 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Hi everyone, how to complete this beta, I am connecting here in the assistant and does not appear the beta.favorable versions grateful.
2017-8-18
Use props
M109
lvl.4

New Zealand

Another week passes by and still nothing from DJI
2017-8-21
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

M109 Posted at 2017-8-21 12:15
Another week passes by and still nothing from DJI

They just released a new firmware update for the Spark. I don't know how many software engineers they have, but it could just be a matter of market priorities. Let's hope we hear more from DJI soon - this beta release is a serious error on their behalf.
2017-8-21
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-8-21 14:14
They just released a new firmware update for the Spark. I don't know how many software engineers they have, but it could just be a matter of market priorities. Let's hope we hear more from DJI soon - this beta release is a serious error on their behalf.

It really is hard to keep the faith sometimes.
2017-8-21
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And it is Mandatory for the Spark:-

"This firmware update includes new battery firmware. Make sure to insert each of your batteries into the aircraft and update their firmware separately. Check DJI GO 4 to ensure updating completes successfully. This update must be installed before 2017-9-1, otherwise the aircraft will not be able to take off. "
2017-8-21
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-21 16:53
And it is Mandatory for the Spark:-

"This firmware update includes new battery firmware. Make sure to insert each of your batteries into the aircraft and update their firmware separately. Check DJI GO 4 to ensure updating completes successfully. This update must be installed before 2017-9-1, otherwise the aircraft will not be able to take off. "

Wow. Is that an angry mob of consumers I hear heading towards the forum? Get your pitchforks ready...
*mind you, with the number of reports of sparks falling from the sky, a mandatory update may be the order of the day. I guess we'll find out if this is a one off when the next update hits the phantom series
2017-8-21
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules