IPAD AIR2 VS BLACK PEARL FLYSIGHT FIELD MONITOR VIDEO COMPARISON
2751 12 2015-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
genettico.hotma
lvl.3

United States

I would like to see what you guys are using out there as your HDMI OUT from Inspire TX to Field Monitor. What else have you used? why do you like the one you have? how bright and what resolution do you get out of it?

Im trying to decide as to what is my best option. I have Dual Controller setup, and I would like to have a Monitor to see camera view so that the Pilot can see on a larger screen what is been seeing by the Gimbal operator and the respective telemetry.

It does not have to be an FPV monitor necessarily. Im more concerned about brightness so it can be seen somewhat ok to good on sunny days, and resolution.

Thus Far Im considering the Black Pearl Flysight, and the Lilliput 665GL-70np/ho/y 7.

I would appreciate feed back from those Pros that have lots of Field Experience. Thank you for the feedback!

VIDEO COMPARISON UPDATE 3/31/2015

So... I did not get much feedback, but I went ahead and bought the Black Pearl after lots of research... and I am very Happy with it...

For all of you that are considering it, I made a comparison video with the IPAD AIR 2... and I have to say I am really digging the BLACK PEARL!

I am using it as my HDMI output from TX!

Hope this helps someone out there considering one of this! one word?:  "YES"

2015-3-27
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I just got the cinemisers and I love them. Very easy to use and much easier to see than a field monitor. I have used large field monitors in the past with my other video work But I will most likely be using the cinemisers moving forward if only one set of eyes will be viewing...Just easier to get around with them...

I have had a good experience with this monitor: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/pr ... eld_Camera_Top.html
2015-3-27
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am using an Apple iPad Air 2 with a Hoodie. Whatever you buy make sure it has the speed.
2015-3-27
Use props
genettico.hotma
lvl.3

United States

Marktho1 Posted at 2015-3-27 22:53
I just got the cinemisers and I love them. Very easy to use and much easier to see than a field moni ...

THank you. Great feedback!
2015-3-27
Use props
genettico.hotma
lvl.3

United States

rodger Posted at 2015-3-27 23:03
I am using an Apple iPad Air 2 with a Hoodie. Whatever you buy make sure it has the speed.

Not sure what you mean by "has the speed". The idea is for an external monitor thru the HDMI port of the TX. It will not be using the APP for this portion. Im not sure if you mean processing speed? hz or refresh time?
2015-3-27
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

genettico.hotma Posted at 2015-3-27 23:26
Not sure what you mean by "has the speed". The idea is for an external monitor thru the HDMI port  ...

The speed of your processor on your tablet. Others have had issues with the 4K using older Tablets.
2015-3-27
Use props
genettico.hotma
lvl.3

United States

rodger Posted at 2015-3-27 23:43
The speed of your processor on your tablet. Others have had issues with the 4K using older Tablets ...

Not sure the Processor speed would be of sum importance to display HDMI output from TX. I can see if I was using the app for the Gimbal Control and for Flight control, (currently I use Ipads Air and Air 2) but I am asking for the (video feed only with telemetry) coming straight out of the Transmitters.

I guess I have to read a bit more, however I think the concerns are more speed on the refresh rate of screen (usually in Milliseconds) and the HZ rating. Im sure someone will correct me if I am misinformed. I think Processor speed might have some bearing no doubt, but this is a hardwired signal, and Im not certain how much processing on the signal needs to be done. Thank you fr the comments!

2015-3-27
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

That will work. I assumed that you were looking to purchase anew Tablet. On the Video question check with Jimhare, he is the man.
2015-3-27
Use props
johnmont250
lvl.3

United States

many pros use high end monitors like small hd.   my 7 inch monitor was $700, and its one of the cheaper ones.  but very much worth it when you actually see the same image thats being redorded, and not a representation of whats being recorded.
2015-3-27
Use props
genettico.hotma
lvl.3

United States

johnmont250@hot Posted at 2015-3-28 00:17
many pros use high end monitors like small hd.   my 7 inch monitor was $700, and its one of the chea ...

Thank you John. I guess I should have made a point about me not wanting to spend but a certain amount of money... lol!! I can understand like anything these can be very expensive... I want it all!!! lol!! cheap and full of features and great image!!! however, we all know you get what you pay for right?
2015-3-27
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

It has been awhile since I researched field monitors but I think I remember reading good things about the Lilliput monitors for the price... No personal experience with it...
2015-3-27
Use props
genettico.hotma
lvl.3

United States

What do you say Jim Hare? Any insight you are willing to share?
2015-3-27
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

genettico.hotma Posted at 2015-3-28 07:17
What do you say Jim Hare? Any insight you are willing to share?

Check for Jimhare on the Forum Posts. You can find him at the top of the Posts titled Tutorial. He is the man, has his act more than together. I am sure he can and will help you out.
2015-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules