Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Uninstalling Go Apps from Crystal Sky
3750 19 2017-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

OK, finally got almost everything working, only issue now is No Maps out in the field, used my phone hotspot for WiFi connection, GO4 app says connected, still no maps. I've read that uninstalling and re-installing the app to correct. Easy enought on a Droid or IOS phone but can't fing where to delete the app in Crystal Sky?

Any Ideas? Admin if you could helo with this it would be much appreciated.
2017-8-11
Use props
Griffith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

I don't have a CrystalSky, but I'm wondering if there is a function in the current DJI Assistant that might accomplish this.
2017-8-11
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

You can go into the settings and go backup and you can delete and reinstall the app in one shot. I had to  that because the CS would not connect to the MP. Also make sure the upper left cable is unplugged from the RC.

I am actually returning my unit becaue the upper left corner keeps getting hot and the fan never kick in to cool it down.

2017-8-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I would recommend you to reset to factory settings and check again.
2017-8-11
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-11 23:46

OK Thanks, BTW how do I send you a PM? Below your Avatar there is a button that says " Request Sent" it is greyed out, below that "Personal Message" Button
2017-8-12
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
United States

Will Do Susan.
BTW How do I send you a Personal Message if I need to?  IE: Screenshots, ect...

The button below your Avatar " Request Sent" is gray & inactive, the Button "Personal Message" is active but when I click on it I just get a full screen of Root/Data
2017-8-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

QuadKid Posted at 2017-8-12 13:19
Will Do Susan.
BTW How do I send you a Personal Message if I need to?  IE: Screenshots, ect...

Click the Personal Message icon and the window will pop up. Check below screenshot:
PM.png
2017-8-12
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-12 23:48
Click the Personal Message icon and the window will pop up. Check below screenshot:

This is what I get when I click the PM Button

Using Windows 10 Home
2017-8-13
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
United States

Thanks, just did a factory reset, got maps this time for Berlin ( I think this maybe because I do not have GPS here under my roof will check when I go fly this morning ), also I can't update to the latest FW 4.1.5, go to "check for update" CS responds "No latest Version" don't know what's up with that as well. Still running 4.1.3
2017-8-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

QuadKid Posted at 2017-8-13 03:27
Thanks, just did a factory reset, got maps this time for Berlin ( I think this maybe because I do not have GPS here under my roof will check when I go fly this morning ), also I can't update to the latest FW 4.1.5, go to "check for update" CS responds "No latest Version" don't know what's up with that as well. Still running 4.1.3

I would recommend you to connect the aircraft and check again. Also, I do not suggest to update the DJI GO alone, we will release update package as soon as it is ready.
2017-8-14
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-14 03:29
I would recommend you to connect the aircraft and check again. Also, I do not suggest to update the DJI GO alone, we will release update package as soon as it is ready.

Thank you Susan, just went out and the maps updated  (just had to wait for 17+ satellites to lock on)  and showed my local map, everything seems to be OK at this point, appreciated the help
Ken
2017-8-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

QuadKid Posted at 2017-8-14 03:30
Thank you Susan, just went out and the maps updated  (just had to wait for 17+ satellites to lock on)  and showed my local map, everything seems to be OK at this point, appreciated the help
Ken

Nice to hear that you have figured it out. Enjoy it and happy flying!
2017-8-15
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-15 23:08
Nice to hear that you have figured it out. Enjoy it and happy flying!

Hi Susan,
Trying to find the DJI page for checking on updates for the Crystal Sky, went to DJI Official website, clicked on  support, clicked " Product Support" Clicked "Professional", clicked "Crystal Sky" Clicked "Software Features" and it brings up a FAQ page, do not see any FW updates, can you send me a link as to where the current FW and future FW is located.

Thanks
2017-8-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

QuadKid Posted at 2017-8-16 13:02
Hi Susan,
Trying to find the DJI page for checking on updates for the Crystal Sky, went to DJI Official website, clicked on  support, clicked " Product Support" Clicked "Professional", clicked "Crystal Sky" Clicked "Software Features" and it brings up a FAQ page, do not see any FW updates, can you send me a link as to where the current FW and future FW is located.

Currently, the CS support to update via WiFi/Network for now. We will release the file on our website later.
2017-8-17
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-17 18:05
Currently, the CS support to update via WiFi/Network for now. We will release the file on our website later.

10-4 Thank you
2017-8-18
Use props
Peter Hughes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1384501 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Susan
I wonder if you or someone could advise me please?
I got a CS monitor for Christmas and have used it a couple of times when the weather permits!
On each occasion I experienced a green screen, pixelated and broken video footage. This is despite having the Mavic only a few feet away from me.
Looking on YouTube I have seen videos that seem to suggest that the CS is running too many processes in the background and I should shut down unwanted apps. I have no third party apps installed but have noticed that the home screen has two versions of the Go app and I wonder if I need both or can delete the one I don’t use in order to free up memory.
If that’s feasible, I would appreciate it if you could advise me on how to go about it. I am using the Mavic Pro.

Many thanks

Peter
2018-1-9
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
United States

Peter Hughes Posted at 2018-1-9 09:17
Hi Susan
I wonder if you or someone could advise me please?
I got a CS monitor for Christmas and have used it a couple of times when the weather permits!

PH you should not delete any of the GO Apps, one is for DJI series before the P4 (GO App also used for OSMO & OSMO mobile) the other is the GO4 App for series P4 and after. I have the 5.5" CS, you should not be getting any green scree or pixilation through either app Make sure you select the GO4 app for the Mavic. The CS is currently running 4.1.6 Firmware, check what FW version you are running, may need an update.

The CS runs it's own version of Android platform optimized for DJI products.
2018-1-9
Use props
Timothyimagery
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1090961 ft
Australia

Can we remove the DJIGo app? I only use the Go4, and I'm getting some lag
2018-1-11
Use props
Plank!
lvl.4
Flight distance : 526798 ft
United Kingdom

Timothyimagery Posted at 2018-1-11 04:54
Can we remove the DJIGo app? I only use the Go4, and I'm getting some lag

I use both apps, GO4 with Mavic and GO with my Inspire 1 - you cannot run both apps at the same time, there will be an error message asking to close 1 app when launching the other.  So no point in deleting...
You could go into the app launcher and change what apps are selected on the home page.  e.g. select DJI Pilot app instead of the GO app, though it won't make any difference to the problem you've got.

Do you have any other apps installed?  Px4D, UAV Forecast, Weather etc?  maybe one of them is hogging CPU resources
2018-1-11
Use props
Timothyimagery
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1090961 ft
Australia

This is a 100% clean updated brand new Crystalsky 7.85, no 3rd party, and there is lag
2018-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules