Finland

How i could do better?

2017-8-11
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Looked good to me!   I couldn't do any better.
2017-8-11
Use props
Dronr76
lvl.2
United States

Great video!  
2017-8-11
Use props
Filmer99
lvl.1
Flight distance : 50702 ft
Finland

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-8-11 10:42
Looked good to me!   I couldn't do any better.

Thanks you!
2017-8-11
Use props
Max App
lvl.3
Flight distance : 781624 ft
United Kingdom

really depends on how professional you want your footage to look, but i could see a few things i'd do different. not enough laterial movements, your gimbal is too fast giving jerky movements. your exposures are balanced in one frame and dark in the next. when editing don't start from a stopped position then move, make your clips longer and cut in whilst already moving. Heres one of my videos in a similar style location to demonstrate what i mean
2017-8-11
Use props
Max App
lvl.3
Flight distance : 781624 ft
United Kingdom

Max App Posted at 2017-8-11 11:22
really depends on how professional you want your footage to look, but i could see a few things i'd do different. not enough laterial movements, your gimbal is too fast giving jerky movements. your exposures are balanced in one frame and dark in the next. when editing don't start from a stopped position then move, make your clips longer and cut in whilst already moving. Heres one of my videos in a similar style location to demonstrate what i mean https://youtu.be/4ioxBAcq5bQ

hope that helps !
2017-8-11
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Hello, I hate to critic anybody's work, because I am no expert for sure. Actually a lot of your video looks very nice. One thing I see on some of the shots though are maybe they are a little "flat". Are you shooting in D-LOG. Is this footage straight out of the Phantom? All questions that would help offering any suggestions. Sometime especially when you first start out, you tend to leave the camera settings on "Auto". Nothing wrong with that, but are you get more familiar you should experiment with you different types of settings, such as the white balance, style, etc. I for one am not real good at post-processing, and although I do some of it and professionals will tell you to shoot in "Raw" or "D-LOG", because it will allow you more to work with in post, I tend to shoot in "Vivid". That's just me, I like to have more vivid colors and don't mess with color correction in post. Just a suggestion, Also, try to lock in your exposure most of the time. When in auto, like when you are flying over land and then some tress, etc., you camera if in auto will be constantly trying to adjust the exposure for the different lighting, and you get a lot of variance in the brightness. Please don't take offense to any of my suggestions. I think you are doing a good job. But you asked, LOL........so just some suggestions. Keep at it!
2017-8-11
Use props
Filmer99
lvl.1
Flight distance : 50702 ft
Finland

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-8-11 11:31
Hello, I hate to critic anybody's work, because I am no expert for sure. Actually a lot of your video looks very nice. One thing I see on some of the shots though are maybe they are a little "flat". Are you shooting in D-LOG. Is this footage straight out of the Phantom? All questions that would help offering any suggestions. Sometime especially when you first start out, you tend to leave the camera settings on "Auto". Nothing wrong with that, but are you get more familiar you should experiment with you different types of settings, such as the white balance, style, etc. I for one am not real good at post-processing, and although I do some of it and professionals will tell you to shoot in "Raw" or "D-LOG", because it will allow you more to work with in post, I tend to shoot in "Vivid". That's just me, I like to have more vivid colors and don't mess with color correction in post. Just a suggestion, Also, try to lock in your exposure most of the time. When in auto, like when you are flying over land and then some tress, etc., you camera if in auto will be constantly trying to adjust the exposure for the different lighting, and you get a lot of variance in the brightness. Please don't take offense to any of my suggestions. I think you are doing a good job. But you asked, LOL........so just some suggestions. Keep at it!

Thanks you for giving tips!
I indeed take the videos straight out of phantom 3. I use Sony vegas pro 13 to edit. Mainly some scene cuttins because i dont have good editing skills yet.
2017-8-11
Use props
aEROREEL
lvl.1
United States

Looks great to me and like others here I hate to be a critic. Video is an art form and you are the artist.
The only "technical" advice I would offer is to have smoother transitions between your scenes. ie.. fade in/out. But again.. this is only my preference.
Keep up the great work...
2017-8-11
Use props
aEROREEL
lvl.1
United States

Max App Posted at 2017-8-11 11:22
really depends on how professional you want your footage to look, but i could see a few things i'd do different. not enough laterial movements, your gimbal is too fast giving jerky movements. your exposures are balanced in one frame and dark in the next. when editing don't start from a stopped position then move, make your clips longer and cut in whilst already moving. Heres one of my videos in a similar style location to demonstrate what i mean https://youtu.be/4ioxBAcq5bQ

Really nice.
2017-8-11
Use props
Lectro88
lvl.2
Flight distance : 286411 ft

United States

Everything really looked good to wife and me. We are not professionals either. A few dark frames and thats just part of the diversity. You can mess with camera brightness while the shot is happening and then edit out what you don't like but there is so much going on you have to figure if its worth the effort. I thought your movements and transitions were pretty good. I personally like the rising and descent shots but you can probably do too much of that too.
And for me I Really liked the music.
All in all I thought it was a really good video.
2017-8-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

As far as I can see, the video is great! I'll look forward more wonderful videos from you.
2017-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules